Thread: Can we expect to see individual sculpts for the Evil Horde and the Snake Men?

Heroic Warrior

Can we expect to see individual sculpts for the Evil Horde and the Snake Men?

One of the great things about the old school Evil Horde and Snake Men figures is that EVERY single figure had their own individul sculpt. Absolutely no body part sharing/swaping was going on between these 2 evil groups. With that being said, this is suppose to be a cost-effective line. Do you all think we'll see the same individual sculpts, or do you think some figures well eventually be borrowing body parts from other figures to keep production costs down?

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    One of the great things about the old school Evil Horde and Snake Men figures is that EVERY single figure had their own individul sculpt. Absolutely no body part sharing/swaping was going on between these 2 evil groups. With that being said, this is suppose to be a cost-effective line. Do you all think we'll see the same individual sculpts, or do you think some figures well eventually be borrowing body parts from other figures to keep production costs down?
    Sounds like a good question to ask in the Mattel Q & A!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

My hunch is that they will all be unique except for the furry pants on Hordak. This line is supposedly an updated, articulated compliment to the vintage guys. Those guys had original sculpts, I'm sure the characters you mention will as well.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Actually, I'm pretty sure Hordak used the standard torso and crotch, but most other parts were indeed individual, as were characters like Extendar.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    It will be really interesting to see how that goes. At $20 a figure I cant see Mattel having a huge problem with sculpting them, especially with all the other part sharing. Only time will tell!

Hopefully!!

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Scott is correct – Hordak featured the traditional human torso as well as the belt/shorts component. His arms and legs were also retools of the basic design. Every other figure, aside from variations of Hordak, featured unique sculpting.

I believe that any figure which had unique detailing will again. The mantra of this line is to be source accurate more than corner cutting. By the time these figures get into the roster the line will either be proven profitable or not. If it is successful there will no issues with unique figure. If it’s not a success, there will be no more figures anyway.

I'm sure they will be new sculpts for the most part, and the reuse of parts will be limited to certain parts, thanks to the new articulations
    For example, on Hordak they can still reuse thighs, delts and biceps, and create only lower legs and forearms (plus the other parts needed of course).

I think they have to if they are going to have a She-RA figure. Right?