View Poll Results: Should there be any romance in the future MOTU movie/movies?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, worked well for other fantasy flicks.

30 78.95%
  • Hell no!

8 21.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should there be any romance in the future MOTU movie/movies?

Should there be any romance in the future MOTU movie/movies?

Romantic subplots almost always worked well in various fantasy stories (the idea of sacrificing ones immortality for love in LOTR, the "attraction of the opposites" in the original "Star Wars", heck even the famous "love triangle" in those "King Arthur" tales).

But sometimes they've failed miserably, like in the Star Wars prequels (mostly due to some embarrassingly bad dialogue).

What do you think? Should MotU movies follow the unwritten fantasy flick rules and have at least some hints of romance, or stand entirely on it's own and have none?
    He-Man ima duge kose plave, He-Man ima začarani mač,
    He-Man ima tigra pa ga jaše, He-Man dobro čarobnicu znaaa...

- Ancient Croatian folk song

sfcentar.geek.hr

i havent yet voted cuz im kinda on the fence on this one, so to speek,,
    if done carefully then i think it might work, but should not be over the top and become the main story,
    Eternian Beastmaster

Heroic Warrior
    I had to vote for no, eventhough I'm not against romance in movies generally but usually it's done very unintereseting and predictable way. I would have voted for option "maybe" if there have been one...

I can't really vote either. I'm not up for the romance if it's an overarching plot element-- but I can't imagine Teela and Adam not flirting a tad at some point. Or Skeletor not showing a tad of favor to Evil-Lyn. Or Marlena and Randor not being happily married. Etc. I think the romance should be there but downplayed so since there isn't a voting option for that, I be stuck.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Yes. I need it in my movie. Damnit its been a long hard road for me and I'm waiting to finally see the progression of a storyline between Adam/Teela/HeMan.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Nope......
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Yes. I need it in my movie. Damnit its been a long hard road for me and I'm waiting to finally see the progression of a storyline between Adam/Teela/HeMan.

I agree 100 percent !!!!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leoghan View Post
    if done carefully then i think it might work, but should not be over the top and become the main story,
    I agree it shouldn't be the main story. But I think it should be in there somewhere. Not so much in you your face love story, but in there.

The one thing I'm hopin this movie does is move along the damn storyline that has been stuck in netural for...well since the 80s.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Yes it should be. I think that some degree of romance is needed in just about any movie to make it more well rounded. Although it shouldn't be overly emphasized, I think it would work well as a subplot and be a break from the darker harsher stuff (like battle) that this movie is likely to focus on.

Yeah, it should be there to help balance everything out. If you have nothing but action sequences and hard-nosed, serious subject matter the entire time; the story will become stagnant.

Back in January, I found an unused oversized Valentine's card in an apartment that I was trashing out. I decided to give it to my wife since she was having a bit of a rough day. On the envelope I wrote:

For,
    The Catwoman to my Batman,
    The Piper to my Leo,
    The Lois to my Clark,
    The Buffy to my Spike,
    The Teela to my He-Man...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd say Teela and He-Man have a place right there with the rest of those notable couples.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

I'd like to see a Teela/HM thing going (How about a Teela/HM/Evil-Lyn love triangle, even? )

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Handled tactfully, and in correct measure, I think it is essential to the plot.

A romantic sub-plot, if not heavy-handed, adds humanity and empathy to characters. Some well executed scenes between Teela and Adam, they can be mere dialog, would help greatly in understanding these two as well as their motivations. It could also be a turning point, where such realizations can cause a paradigm shift for the characters causing them to reevaluate their positions.

It all depends on how it’s approached. Handled badly, and the movie will be drek. Handled correctly, and it greatly enhances the overall narrative.

Besides, I never bought the indomitable virtue of heroes; that in the face of indescribable chaos they’re always just steadfastly heroic like a broken record. Yes – He-Man fights evil for the good of Eternia, and to a lesser extent, the universe. But what motivates him? What drives him, as a person and makes him a him a hero; makes him relatable? We have to get inside the head of the character to understand this, and love, both familial and romantic, is part of that understanding. And it applies to everyone, not just the leads.
    Last edited by Scare Glow; August 3, 2008 at 05:45pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I'd like to see a Teela/HM thing going (How about a Teela/HM/Evil-Lyn love triangle, even? )
    Or better yet, Sorceress/Man@arms/Triclops?

Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow View Post
    It all depends on how it’s approached. Handled badly, and the movie will be drek. Handled correctly, and it greatly enhances the overall narrative.
    We have to get inside the head of the character to understand this, and love, both familial and romantic, is part of that understanding. And it applies to everyone, not just the leads.
    I totally agree on this, romantic subplots often give us insights in heroes' humanity and/or weaknesses. Like Tony Stark in Iron Man, and those couple of scenes with him and his personal assistant Pepper which show us that underneath that "big Casanova, treat-women-like-dirt type of guy" facade, there's actually a human being.
    Last edited by Mach5; August 4, 2008 at 08:13pm.

sfcentar.geek.hr

Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    Or better yet, Sorceress/Man@arms/Triclops?

Interesting! That you would throw Tri in there. Must say I like it...I do..
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I wouldn't mind a bit of romance subtext in it. If it was done like in the Filmation series. It would be nice.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I voted yes, but I think it shouldn't take up too much of the plot. I'd rather see it more as an implied under current than a strong thread.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Hey, Lois Lane got to marry Superman.

I'm just sayin'.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Today's sermon topic: What is Hell? Come hear our choir!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Hey, Lois Lane got to marry Superman.

I'm just sayin'.
    Sure, but Superman/Lois thing has already been way overused.
    IMO Tony Stark/Pepper Potts thing is the way to go (if there's gonna be any romance, that is). The reason i say this is because there are many parallels between Tony (filthy rich and arrogant, yet surprisingly likable, hedonistic ladies-man) and Prince Adam. Pepper and Teela share the sassiness, affinity for sarcasm, and overall attitude.

sfcentar.geek.hr

Romance? I think it's okay to put it as a sub-plot there.... I like to see romance scene like Teela nursing He-Man after he knocks unconscious by Skeletor, that would be great though. So I vote YES!
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

The babe with The Power Slackbot's Avatar
    Yes. Orko & The Sorceress should totally get together.

...what?
    Castle Numbskull
    Masters of The Universe stuff you won't find anywhere else.
    Thank goodness.

Yes there should be some romance in there.
    I want to see sparks between Adam and Teela.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I wish there was a "Don't care" option, cuz I really don't care.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Yes, there should be some romance, but it shouldn't be overused. Romance can make good icing when used properly, but it shouldn't be the whole damn cake.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

It depends on how they do it. Someting between Adam and Teela would be nice and if a trilogy maybe Adam becoming King and marring Teela at the end of the third one.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    It depends on how they do it. Someting between Adam and Teela would be nice and if a trilogy maybe Adam becoming King and marring Teela at the end of the third one.
    Nah, that would be too much like "The Return of the King." And I don't want any weddings / "happily-ever-afters" in this movie, a good romance story can easily be successfully concluded without any of those.

sfcentar.geek.hr