Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Trap Jaw Figure Speculation (Kronis, attachments, arms, etc)

MOTUC Trap Jaw Figure Speculation (Kronis, attachments, arms, etc)

Trap Jaw was always one of my favorite figures as a kid but as I grew up I realized just how goofy his arm looked. When the 200X line came out I was very glad to see that Trap Jaw was given a more menacing looking arm. With the new line of figures coming out do you think the vintage style figure of him will be given an updated, more powerful looking arm, or will he be given the small, thin, goofy looking arm? I hope they beef it up at least a lil bit.

Yeah I see your point. I used to look at the back of the card at Trap Jaw and think how awesome he looked. But when I finally saw him was less impressed.
    Judging from Merman and Beastman I'm sure he'll look perfect and will be a huge seller.

Man I really hope I don't run into any problems purchasing these figures. I'd be So bummed if I couldn't get them. (Like King Grayskull)

Trap Jaw has always been my favorite when it came to Skeletor's minions.

I LOVED the 200x look...but there was something about the vintage Trap that worked...because he was a bumbling idiot when it came to common sense...so it was kinda cool to have a goofy looking arm.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I imagine it will look more like the old version, but with some tweaks to bring it up to date. That seems to be the route they're taking, and the more simplistic design would probably go better with the current style.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'm gonna say regardless of what they do, it will be the perfect blend of classic and an update for today.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    He will have an articulated elbow!! YeeeeHaaa

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I imagine it will look more like the old version, but with some tweaks to bring it up to date. That seems to be the route they're taking, and the more simplistic design would probably go better with the current style.
    That's the route I want them to go but I just want his arm to have the classic feel but at the same time when you see it you think "that's bad%#$!" I don't expect to see the wiring and other intricate details that the 200X version had but if they do go the route of the cardback version then I want to see an improvement made to his arm because the cardback version's arm looks pathetic IMO.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Trappy was my favorite motu character also, the 'classics' figure will most likely look exactly like the original card-back picture (not the one with the jaw & black chest part missing though, I hope). He won't have a Terminator or bulky robocop type arm (although hydraulics would look cool), or the huge thing the previous figure had, which made it hard for the figure to aim his gun.

The reason i say that is because Merman & zodak look exactly like the card back pics, even the number of fingers match perfectly (4 for merman & 5 for zodak).
    he'll probably have an articulated elbow & some type of extra shoulder joints, not yet sure how they'll do that yet. i don't mind how the original arm looked, it was robotic looking & still quite cool; a powerful weapon, yet quite delicate since He-man always busted it to pieces in the minicomics. Obviously it was something Trap-jaw must have built himself since alot of the weapons never seemed to work properly.

As much as the 2002 version leaves me speechless every time i look at it, I wouldn't mind seeing the old character I loved so much as a kid come back. Especially with the much improved articulation; no more rubber bands to hold their legs on (which deteriorate over time) and no more spring waists in which the springs break (I had alot of that happen back in the day), and hopefully no arms that can be popped off. It's like going back to the 80's & seeing what could have been, and how they should have been from day one.

At least I won't have to worry about trappy falling on his face like the 2002 one always does. Ankle articulation makes a world of difference. Once again he'll be able to aim his 'lasertron' (which would most likely have a pointed end on the gun barrel) without falling over from the weight, and at long last he'll be able to stand like a normal guy & not have his legs spread out funny like the old figure did. finally MOTU done right, at least in terms of construction. If they were in store shelves everywhere like they were back in the day, it'd be perfect!

If his jaw moves (like the old figure, not springy like the 2002 one. I'd like to be able to display him with his 'yap' wide open with guns-a-blazing) and he has his 3 (or hopefully more) weapons, i'll be a happy camper. wonder if they would give him some extra weapons, since he always had quite an arsenal of 'tools'.
    Either way, I'm looking forward to this new line very much. Hopefully they'll do the 2002 version sometime later down the line once it's been established & profitable to make it worthwhile doing, because I would like to see those character designs done with the better articulation too, as they were originally intended to be.

I hope Trap-jaw'll be one that gets made for next year, because he's my favorite and an absolute must for my motu collection.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

i dont know what everyone is talkin about because my orignal 80s trapjaw has a springy jaw as does the 200x one.

i would REALLY like a trap jaw arm more in line with the 200x line than the 80s. if it has to be more like the 80s then pleas at least make it better looking than a stick and PLEASE dont make it pink like in filmation, which they prob cant anyway.

i'd also like an arsenal of weapons. i guess i just thought the 200x with more articulation would be about the best trap jaw you could make
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by LionO View Post
    I'm gonna say regardless of what they do, it will be the perfect blend of classic and an update for today.
    Im gonna agree.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I eagerly anticipate Trap Jaw and I;m sure when it's show it's going to kick ass.
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i dont know what everyone is talkin about because my orignal 80s trapjaw has a springy jaw as does the 200x one.

i would REALLY like a trap jaw arm more in line with the 200x line than the 80s. if it has to be more like the 80s then pleas at least make it better looking than a stick and PLEASE dont make it pink like in filmation, which they prob cant anyway.

i'd also like an arsenal of weapons. i guess i just thought the 200x with more articulation would be about the best trap jaw you could make
    I remember my friend's Trap Jaw fig had a springy jaw, while mine didn't.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    One of my most eagerly awaited figures!

I'm sure he'll look cool, either way.

I could see them doing Trap Jaw next year around the time of one of the conventions and revealing Kronis as the con exclusive.

At least, I hope that's what they do.
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    My old 80's trap-jaw's jaw stayed open when I'd open it, but not the 200x version. also my commemorative TJ's jaw stays open when opened. I just hope they don't make his head super loose (as with tri-klops' eye-band) like the original 80's TJ's always seemed to be. I had never seen a 'vintage ' TJ with a tight head joint till I got the commemorative TJ.

and i agree, no 'pink' or actually it was red, TJ arms & legs. Same with Adam; keep the 'goofy' pink outfits left in the 80's.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

He just has to come packaged with a skull-emblem ring that we all can wear. After that, they can go wild with the figure AFAIC.

I'd personally like to see a Trap Jaw that is more reminiscent of the 200x release. He just looks better than the classic Trap Jaw. However, on top of all the classic arm attachments and the glowing skull ring, he needs to have some of the wacky and fun arm attachments he had in the Filmation cartoon too.

Court Magician
    I was thiinking it would be awesome if they could somehow pull off an interchangeable human right arm and human head (maybe two) to go from Kronis to Trapjaw like in the Icons of Evil story. But I'm probably in the minority on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    He just has to come packaged with a skull-emblem ring that we all can wear. After that, they can go wild with the figure AFAIC.
    They should blend the 200x figure with that ring...now that would be a Masters Classic figure.

:2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKD1975 View Post
    I was thiinking it would be awesome if they could somehow pull off an interchangeable human right arm and human head (maybe two) to go from Kronis to Trapjaw like in the Icons of Evil story. But I'm probably in the minority on that.
    Well, I don't know if you're in a minority or not, but I think that the interchangeable head and right arm to allow for a Kronis/Trap Jaw figure in one box is a brilliant idea! I'd buy two!

I was also thinking in the lines of Trap-Jaw/Kronis in one packaging. Besides Merman also gets 2 heads, so why not one extra arm.

Quote Originally Posted by JKD1975 View Post
    I think you're actually probably in the overwhelming majority on that one.

The 4H will make MotUC Trap-Jaw look fantastic whether they go completely vintage style, 200X style, or something in between. Nobody should be worrying about that. Let's give the guys some credit.

I think I'd rather Trapjaw and Kronis to be two separate figures. At least for me, if they go the two heads and two arms route I'd still need to buy two figures so I can display Kronis AND Trapjaw. Maybe a Kronis exclusive isn't such a bad idea like others have suggested.

I'm satisfied with my 15" Trap Jaw statue, to me that's the perfect representation of the character.

I hope he has detail similar to 2K, but the bright colors that the original toy had.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!