View Poll Results: Reuse of parts in MotUC: Positive or Negative?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positive. I love the nostalgia!

70 53.03%
  • Negative. The reuse of parts is a big drawback.

21 15.91%
  • I wouldn't be interested in MotUC if they did not reuse parts.

1 0.76%
  • I would be more interested in MotUC if they did not reuse parts.

26 19.70%
  • I really couldn't care less. All the same to me.

14 10.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reuse of parts in MotUC: Positive or negative?

It's a major drawback for me. Allthough I voted: I would be more interested in MotUC if they did not reuse parts." because I will get them anyways. I think it's a cheap way to produce figures with a steep pricetag.

I don't get the nostalgic feel of production restrictions of the 80's. For me the nostalgic feel lies in the original figures which I allready have. It just feels like a huge step back and I am really surprised people are going with it.

I agree with Lioncourt on this...

That and what MegaGearMax said before:

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Negative for right now.

I understand that MOTUC doesn't have the budget or resources of a "real" retail toyline, but compared to what we've got and what we're used to now, re-using parts makes them look extremely cheap, nostalgia be damned. I'm used to Moss Man being composed of vines and all sorts of plant matter now, not a flocked Green Beastman. I'm used to MAA, Snout Spout and Meckaneck wearing meched out armor now, not spandex bodysuits. I dunno...maybe if they made reuses canon, somehow...like depicting EVERYONE, even background characters wearing the bracelets, furry boots and underwear like that was a planetwide style...

When the 4H re-did MOTU, they recreated them in a very sensible and grown-up style, which was great because it matched our grown up mentalities. MOTU had grown with us. Most of their ideas rocked, some didn't. Now mere re-colored clones of original characters had their own unique sculpts. The detail and thought that went into the design on EACH figure was astounding. Going back to reused parts seems like a huge step down.

MOTUC isn't a line to sleep on though. Going from the 8 back, we'll have new versions of old characters that we haven't seen before...at least until we get to Mekaneck (past the Barbarian He-Man Alcala/Texiera era) and the 1985 and onward characters whose art was basically like the toy. Then we might be looking at basically the 80's toys only with modern articulation.

POP and NA characters will be shots of fresh air because they are done in this style. POP characters will seem like NEW MOTU characters PERIOD, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing those characters (that is IF they start looking more MOTU-ish with the furry boots and Teela/Evil-Lyn bracelets), especially if they had different sculpts, but since they weren't MOTU characters, they might as well be new. And NA characters do have unique sculpts but were scrawny looking, so any added muscle mass would work wonders.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I went with, "I really couldn't care less. All the same to me."

If they gave Man-At-Arms an armored body it wouldn't matter to me.
    Repaint Merman into Stinkor & give him Meckaneck's armor, I'm cool.
    Paint Beastman green & flock him, works for me.
    I'm a simple man. There were things that bugged me about the 2002 figures but I bought 'em all & cherished 'em all the same. I did it back in the '80s & I'll do it again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    I went with, "I really couldn't care less. All the same to me."

If they gave Man-At-Arms an armored body it wouldn't matter to me.
    Repaint Merman into Stinkor & give him Meckaneck's armor, I'm cool.
    Paint Beastman green & flock him, works for me.
    I'm a simple man. There were things that bugged me about the 2002 figures but I bought 'em all & cherished 'em all the same. I did it back in the '80s & I'll do it again now.
    Amen, because when you get down to it, reusing parts keeps costs down, the line lives longer, and we have new He-Man toys!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Amen, because when you get down to it, reusing parts keeps costs down, the line lives longer, and we have new He-Man toys!!!
    Well, while I love MotUC, I can't really go along with that sort of logic. The New Adventures stuff kept the line alive longer too back in the late '80's and early '90's, but the compromises and changes to the line made it an unfair trade. I couldn't care less about NA, and mostly wish it didn't exist. That is not the case with the reuse of parts. I'm just pointing out that those should not be the reasons why you go along with anything in MotU.

Here's an example...

I would not except it if they made Skeletor a girl and gave him pony-tails and pink bows in his hair. I would not support it, and I would not like it. Even if it was proven that such a Skeletor would sell better than a regular Skeletor, it wouldn't be worth it to me. This is an extreme example, of course, but it illustrates the point.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

I cant imagine characters like Clawful or Webstor looking very good compared to the 200X designs if they are just repaints with different heads and armour. Monstor type characters really need different sculpts to do them justice.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't mind the reuse, but when we get to 200X (not if, when) I want to see reuses that make sense for the aesthetic of the characters (such as He-Man's torso on Hordak), but I don't want the furry pants, I want the 200X style belt.

I don't mind one way or another with regard to everything else.

When I was a kid part reuse bothered me. It didn't make sense to me that MAA was just as buff as He-Man.

Now I'm fine with it.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    'I couldn't care less' was my vote, even though the first 'positive' choice applies as well.

They've reused parts since the vintage line. New tooling is expensive and frequently unnecessary. I, for one, am happy that there's a Classics line at all, so this is what I call a non-issue.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

great idea nostalgia glasses and makes this line possible