Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Post here when you have recieved your first order from Matty Collector

  1. #1
    Movie mayhem!
    Patreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,843

    Post here when you have recieved your first order from Matty Collector

    So has anyone got their package yet? If so what mail service did you select?
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

  2. #2
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    4,357
    International post and i wish mine would hurry up and get here!

  3. #3
    Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Morris, IL
    Posts
    636
    Wednesday.
    Always remember the dark days of 2004 with no new MOTU in sight...

  4. #4
    Wise Old Trollan Uncle Montork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    South Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamutstreet View Post
    Wednesday.
    Same here!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

  5. #5
    The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,206
    Just got mine within the last half hour. I went with UPS 2nd day air.

    To quote a famous wizard, “They are coming!”

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,368
    Got my Lobo figure yesterday, mint condition and only took 7 days for the order to go through and be sent.

    Good service!

  7. #7
    AZ Mazter Shokoti's Slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The House of Darkness
    Posts
    1,595
    I just NOW received my two King Grayskulls! I got two regulars, am a bit disappointed I didn't get a variant but hey, that's why we have a trading post in the Marketplace.

    I used UPS 2nd Day.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

    __________

    Arizona Mazter of the Universe

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Slayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,812
    For those of you that received your figures: What condition were the boxes in? Someone at another board I go to reported getting his Grayskulls with beat up boxes. He also said the tape on them had been cut and then taped over.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

  9. #9
    Red 5 Standing By red51931's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    283
    UPS just dropped mine off and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I only ordered one and I was hoping for a regular and that's what I got. What was disappointing was the condition of the box. It was really beat up. The box they shipped it in is pretty thin and flimsy and it looked like mine was on the bottom of a big stack of packages. The top was caved in and the Grayskull's box is creased in multiple spots.

    It's really unacceptable. Mattel knows that this is a collector line don't they? It stands to reason that collectors are going to want mint(or near mint) packages. $38.00 for a beat up package King Grayskull? Leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

    Dan
    "I'm like King Midas in reverse...everything i touch turns to crap!"

  10. #10
    The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,206
    Mine were in excellent condition. The shipping box was undamaged and uncreased and had those air-bladder things inside to protect the figures.

    One of the outer Grayskull boxes had some curving at the flap and one piece of tape was rolled up a bit, but really nothing to mention. The other was flawless.

    Did not get a statue version, but that’s cool. The figure is so awesome I’m more than satisfied with the regular edition.

    You know what’s odd, though?

    A few hours after my Grayskulls arrived, Mattel called me to ask if I was satisfied with my order. I said yeah, they’re great.

    They thanked me for my order and I thanked them for the MOTUC figures.

  11. #11
    AZ Mazter Shokoti's Slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The House of Darkness
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    For those of you that received your figures: What condition were the boxes in? Someone at another board I go to reported getting his Grayskulls with beat up boxes. He also said the tape on them had been cut and then taped over.
    My boxes are just fine as far as I can tell.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

    __________

    Arizona Mazter of the Universe

  12. #12
    Fake Casting Agent CocoaSmooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    The (619)
    Posts
    5,208
    Quote Originally Posted by red51931 View Post
    UPS just dropped mine off and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I only ordered one and I was hoping for a regular and that's what I got. What was disappointing was the condition of the box. It was really beat up. The box they shipped it in is pretty thin and flimsy and it looked like mine was on the bottom of a big stack of packages. The top was caved in and the Grayskull's box is creased in multiple spots.

    It's really unacceptable. Mattel knows that this is a collector line don't they? It stands to reason that collectors are going to want mint(or near mint) packages. $38.00 for a beat up package King Grayskull? Leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

    Dan

    don't be mad because even the ones at the con were it crappy shape...
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

  13. #13
    The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Placentia, CA
    Posts
    3,332
    Boxes are meant to be opened
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

  14. #14
    Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Berkeley, Ca
    Posts
    1,792
    Finally just got mines and everything looks neat.

    BTW, should I just open these along the taped top or is there a special way of knowing whether ones a regular version versus being a variant statue version? I dont want to open it the wrong way and then not be able to trade someone on the marketplace

    Thanks

  15. #15
    The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    5,245
    Nothing yet. Hope tomorrow.

  16. #16
    The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Finally just got mines and everything looks neat.

    BTW, should I just open these along the taped top or is there a special way of knowing whether ones a regular version versus being a variant statue version? I dont want to open it the wrong way and then not be able to trade someone on the marketplace

    Thanks
    No way other than opening.

    I just took a knife and cut the tape. But I don’t care about preserving condition, so *shrugs*.

    It’s just standard crystal clear tape anyway. Go ahead and peel it off if you want and buy some Scotch Magic Tape to reseal it. If you’re worried about condition, carefully peel the tape off toward the edge, otherwise you’ll rip the art away from the cardboard.

  17. #17
    Movie mayhem!
    Patreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,843
    So no one that used the cheapest shipping has got their yet right?
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Slayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,812
    I picked the USPS shipping, and I haven't received mine yet. I'm interested to see how many chase figures go out from the website orders.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •