Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Video Game Speculation Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Video Game Speculation Thread

Imagine if Mattel tried video games. Imagine if He-Man were to transcend toys and become a legitimate video game character?

1) I think He-Man should be a Zelda type game. It could really put him over if done well. Imagine going through Eternia fighting King Hiss, Hordak, Skeletor and others? Link has Epona? He-Man would have BattleCat! And imagine all the mystical weapons and MAA made equipment he could use during his quest. The Sorceress could give him power-ups.

2) A God of War/Heavenly Sword type action game could work too.

3) We could also have a MOTU MMO. I was thinking of WOW's He-Man references. Imagine creating characters like Mattel does, but with character creation parts that come from all of the figures.

4) MOTU weapons based fighting game. (Maybe if MOTUC really takes off then He-Man might make Soul Calibur 5--maybe!)

5) A Man-At-Arms FPS.

I'd go with an Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess style adventure game or a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest (Warrior) style RPG.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Planescape: Torment - styled story-driven isometric rpg would be a dream come true.

heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I'd go with a Zelda/Prince of Persia style game, or with something like Diablo3 and Baldurs Gate, rpg.

What I really don't think fits, is an FPS or RTS style game.

Orko running around eating dots...and when he reaches the edges of Eternia...he turns into Super Orko and can eat Trap Jaw, Beast Man, and Mer-Man.

Do you remember the "old" games for PC Might and Magic/Ultima/Dungeon Master or Lands of lore ??

Like those games must look a Masters of the Universe game.

You are He-man and must pick up a lot of friends-Manatrams/Teela/Stratos.....
    You have to do a mission applied by Randor, During this mission always come monster fighters of the bad one and want killing He-man and his friends......

D@D type of game.

Those are the best type of games.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Co-Creator of the NV
    God of War or Zelda (the more recent games) style

Prince of Persia or Jedi Knight type of genre. I like to see MMORPG type like WoW, where you can choose the good side or bad side like Horde and Alliance.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

besides a 3rd person action adventure game, i'd have to go with a fighting game. i haven't been a fan of fighting games for a while, but Mortal Kombat vs. DC is shaping up pretty nicely, so I'd like to see a MOTU fighting game with that look and gameplay. i think the characters of MOTU would work really well with a fighting game since they each have their own unique powers, weapons, etc.

Generic Hack n Slash I think. The Conan game with less blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    I'd go with an Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess style adventure game or a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest (Warrior) style RPG.
    I'd like to see a Twilight Princess style of adventure.
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

It would be fun with the Wii.

Having a swordfight...and to transform you have to hold it above your head...while the Wiimote shakes...and the "I HAVE THE POWER" could come from the Wiimote speaker. It could come with a "Power Sword" attachment.

Either a RPG or a 2D fighting game. What other types of games are there?
    My Vintage MOTU Want List:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=160111
    My Others Want List:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169076
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Vintage MOC and MISB For Sale:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...FA-and-non-AFA

Double Dragon style beat'em up game
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Heroic Warrior
    I think that MOTU would lend itself to a RTS game. You could have structures that generated some form of generic soldier with different attacks, you could have structures that generated vehicles/beasts. Different maps could have different heroes and villians with special abilities. Basically you could start on one side of Eternia and try to conquer or liberate the whole planet. If you played the heroic side you could defend Grayskull or the palace. If you played the evil side you could defend Snake Mountain, etc.

Have a thread that got swept into the MYP forums for some reasons that asked for people's thoughts on an RPG game done similarly to Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Justice League Heroes. If you wish to take a look, I put it in my signature and I'm positive none of you will have trouble figuring out which one it is.

I'm doing research on how it could work by comparing the way Marvel's games and JLH were executed and looking at some key Filmation episodes for script ideas. I've already taken a look at Double-Edged Sword and I think the elements I've talked about in my thread could translate well to utilizing Pig Boy a lot better than as Skeletor's Havoc Staff Keeper.

Whatever direction a video game version of MOTU goes... Nathan Bitner armed with his Fearless Photog prototype Polaroid needs to be an unlockable character!

Sorry, I got introduced to the megatread about him at x-entertainment.com just yesterday afternoon.

Peace.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Bethseda the makes of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion should make the MOTU game. It would be a masterpiece! No other type would work for me but an RPG version!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Something along the lines of The Elder Scrolls would be awesome. But MOTU would have to become hugely popular to warrant such a venture.

I think a game either in the spirit of God Of War or the recent iterations of Zelda would have more mass appeal, and for gamers who just want a great pick up and play game, a better choice. I don’t have much time for games anymore, but I can imagine finishing something like this.

A fighter could be really fun, but it wouldn’t have anywhere near the depth as the other genres. It would also lose appeal quickly, if one were not to play it against like minded opponents.

Regardless, if the movie gets the go ahead a game will most probably be made . . . we can only hope it will live up to expectations.

Heroic Power power_of_grayskull's Avatar
    I would have to say God of War style but he would be able to use battle cat. Kind of like the new Golden Axe Beast Rider Game but with He-Man in it.
    We have the POWER!!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Double Dragon style beat'em up game
    Exactly what I had in mind!
    Remember the arcade X-Men game? MOTU should be like that game.
    Beat'em ups are awesome.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Exactly what I had in mind!
    Remember the arcade X-Men game? MOTU should be like that game.
    Beat'em ups are awesome.
    Hmm . . . like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game?

Now that would be cool! I would vastly prefer something like this over a traditional fighter. Lots of story, decent depth and a ton o fun to be had by all. I would have to have it!

Good call, guys.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow View Post
    Hmm . . . like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game?

Now that would be cool! I would vastly prefer something like this over a traditional fighter. Lots of story, decent depth and a ton o fun to be had by all. I would have to have it!

Good call, guys.
    Exactly man, exactly!!
    MOTU needs a beat'em up game cause MOTU has many characters not only He-Man. This type of gameplay will allow players to select their favorite master.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I'd definitely want a fighting game! I just love fighting games and since MOTU is composed of different warriors with unique talents. A fighting game that incorporate each charcater's fighting style would be most welcome!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Court Magician
    I think a game in the style of "X-Men Legends" or "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance" (not identical, but the basic idea) would be an ideal video game format for Masters of the Universe.