Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Video Game Speculation Thread

Heroic Warrior
    If a MOTU videgogame is released, I'd like it to be a "hack and slash" game in the vein of "Champions of Norrath" or "Baldur's Gate" (but with planet Eternia and Etheria as background).

It would be real cool if we could choose our hero among MANY characters (good OR evil) and factions.

PLEASE no more platform game, and no more crappy game like the 200x videogame that was released several years ago !

The playability must be great, and the "maneuverability" of the characters must be top notch.

Great graphics would be cool too, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Imagine if Mattel tried video games. Imagine if He-Man were to transcend toys and become a legitimate video game character?

2) A God of War/Heavenly Sword type action game could work too.

4) MOTU weapons based fighting game. (Maybe if MOTUC really takes off then He-Man might make Soul Calibur 5--maybe!)
    These are the two different types of formats I'd like to see. I made several custom MOTU characters in Soul Calibur 4 and Mortal Kombat Armageddon.
    Who has the Power?

Movie mayhem!
    One of MOTU main features that i love is the number of rich characters. because of this I'd really like a stategy RPG like Valkeria Chronicles.

My only requests for a MOTU video game would that it be an RPG, like X-Men Legends, Zelda, or Ultimate Alliance. The other request would go with the RPG style, that it would have the option to play as characters other the He-Man from the begging of the game not just one level. I would be very sad if I could not play as Teela or She-Ra. I hate it when I can't play as a female in a video game. Being able to play from the point of view from both the Masters and the Evil Warriors would be awesome!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

MMORPG......
    World of MotU.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

I've thought long and hard about a Motu video game, and despite the enormous potential to actually make a great game, the conclusion for me is that if we see one, it'll be tied in with a movie, or in other words a licensed game based on the movie. And it will be a rubbish cash-in just as are 99% of other licensed games.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    i would definitely buy a MOTU-themed game! ... ...

my feelings on it are, if we ever see a new MOTU movie, then we should probably expect to see a video-game tie-in release also ...
    I don't want a movie first...if they want a legitimate video game series...it must come prior to the movie.

The hardcore gamers look at video games that have a movie tie-in with them and turn the other way because they assume that the game was just thrown together to coincide with the movie release.

Either that...or release a game that has NOTHING to do with the movie. The looks can't be the same, the story can't be the same, and the name of the video game can't match the name of the movie.

Here are 3 examples:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (haven't played City yet) is an incredible game...but the characters don't look like the characters in the Christopher Nolan world.

Ghostbusters, while looked like the movie and had the characters from the movie...came out so far from the movie release that people don't associate that the game was in direct relation to the movie.

Transformers: War For Cybertron (great game but too short in campaign mode) came out around the time of the movie, but with the different subtitle...people knew that it was different from the movie-release video games.

I would absolutely love a MOTU videogame, in fact I'm waiting and drooling over the idea by a long time!

It would probably be my preferred 30th Anniversary celebration experience!! Want it so bad!

An RPG or action adventure would be my first choice, but I would enjoy any genre really, apart maybe from a pure one-on-one fighting game, which I think wouldn't use the MOTU stories and environments enough.

It just really really would need not to suck like the previous ones.

That's my one requirement, really: DON'T SUCK.

It should be assigned to some team with a good history of respecting and making franchise IP shine: Telltale for a downloadable game (Sam & Max, Tales of Monkey Island, the coming Jurassic Park, etc.), or Rocksteady (Batman: Arkham City) for an AAA retailer, or someone like that... not someone famed for cheap cash-in games.

We'll see what THQ will manage to do with Voltron! They have so many studios and divisions that it's hard to foretell...

EDIT: Oh, and please, pretty please, do not base it on 200x! OK for taking some elements, but it should something more on the line of MOTU Classics...
    Last edited by GozzoMan; November 9, 2011 at 08:54am.
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

I'd love to see BioWare cook up a MassEffect / KotoR - styled MOTUC-rpg. I think the world of MOTU/POP would be ideal for an action-RPG styled game with a rich plot with lots of character-interaction.

But I'm still sceptical and feeling that if we get a MOTUC-game, it'll most likely be an average (at the most) licenced game tied to the possible movie.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    One of MOTU main features that i love is the number of rich characters. because of this I'd really like a stategy RPG like Valkeria Chronicles.
    Personally, I'd love this (I'd also love it if they released some of the Valkyria Chronicles sequels on the PS3 and not just the handhelds, but that's beside the point here).

However, if we're sticking with a more hack-and-slash style game, how about something like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, where you also have a wide variety of characters/team members with very different powers and can swap them in and out (or play cooperatively, too)?

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    if a he-man game were to be made id like an open world with the scale of red dead redemption the life of arkham city withe the temples from legend of zelda. you should be able to play as different characters playing their own story he-man teela man-at-arms with skeletor bonus missions.

id like grayskull to act as an motu museum where in diffferent rooms you can find different aspects of motu watch transformation clips from various media.

id like he-mans armour and weapons to be set up like the legend of zelda orcarina of time where he collects items and power ups have the movie new adventures and myp costumes as alternate costumes with battle armour, thunderpunch, laser power as items he can equip to get past certain puzzles/obstacles.

id like the ability to go around as adam as well for times when he-man would be too big or noticable using the smaller 200x adam would allow for sections where the focus is on taking enemies down using your brain without the additional power of he-man
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I know the first game they make won't have a budget good enough for a Oblivion or Skyrim size game, where you can travel through Eternia helping people, and fighting alongside other Masters.

But maybe they can do a game like Arkham Asylum, where He-man must travel to Snake Mountain or some newly constructed place, to free the captured Masters. Snake Mountain or whatever place can be like Arkham, where you go through corridors and tunnels solving minor traps and what not, and fight hordes of baddies, with SKeletor's elite being boss level characters. Getting through a tech level section to defeat Tri-klops, or a water section for Merman, kind of like Killer Croc was done. Fighting bone warriors, hover bots and thugs/mercenaries that joined with Skeletor.

Maybe He-man can get tech from Duncan to help him through the game. Words of wisdom from Sorceress, like from Oracle.

But this is just wishing too much, it's THQ; they don't make epic games.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    The hardcore gamers look at video games that have a movie tie-in with them and turn the other way because they assume that the game was just thrown together to coincide with the movie release.
    Generally that's the truth. Gamers may bang on about it all the time, but it happens to be true for the vast majority. If it's a movie tie-in then it's a safe bet that it won't be any good.

The best bet is to have a game that doesn't have a production scheduled around any sort of media tie-in whether it's a movie, series or whatever. Have it be it's own thing (like your example of Arkham Asylum which wasn't a tie-in game).

Quote Originally Posted by The Hultquist View Post
    Personally, I'd love this (I'd also love it if they released some of the Valkyria Chronicles sequels on the PS3 and not just the handhelds, but that's beside the point here).

However, if we're sticking with a more hack-and-slash style game, how about something like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, where you also have a wide variety of characters/team members with very different powers and can swap them in and out (or play cooperatively, too)?
    Personally I think the Valkyria Chronicles route would be a big turn off for quite a lot of people. I think the only thing that would be more off puting is a Disgaea style Strategy RPG. I think the best way forward for an ideal MOTU game that will play well for most people is an open world action RPG along the lines of Zelda. Something a bit more hack and slash.

Can't way I'm fond of the Ultimate Alliance route either since I think the first MOTU game in a while should focus on He-man/Prince Adam as the playable character (that and Ultimate Alliance 2 ruined the series for me).

I wouldn't mind if we had an open world game with the type of quality of Red Dead Redemption or Grand Theft Auto. Basically something that plays and looks amazing where you can travel and explore and experience the lore of MOTU and take up side quests. It wouldn't hurt being able to ride Battle Cat in a similar manner to horses in RDR.

And also in terms of tone I'd like it to be a bit more mature. I don't mean violent or coming off as a Conan-esque, just that it shouldn't be a kid's cartoon camp-fest. I think the 200X series was a step in the right direction, but I'd like to lose some of the childishness. I'm not saying it can't cater to wide range of ages, but it's possible to have something in more in line with tone of the later Harry Potter films and the Lord of the Rings and still be accessible to everyone. I think that most of the fans who grew up with MOTU and play games will probably appreciate something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    id like he-mans armour and weapons to be set up like the legend of zelda orcarina of time where he collects items and power ups have the movie new adventures and myp costumes as alternate costumes with battle armour, thunderpunch, laser power as items he can equip to get past certain puzzles/obstacles.

id like the ability to go around as adam as well for times when he-man would be too big or noticable using the smaller 200x adam would allow for sections where the focus is on taking enemies down using your brain without the additional power of he-man
    I agree. I would like customisable or upgradable armour. Especially if I could get my hands on the rare 'caped He-man' (I think he's only been in comics though).

I would love to be able to go around as both He-man and Adam. I'd love if it was mandatory in some quests or opened up other quest opportunities depending on who you were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

MOTU Classics version of Skylanders: Spyro's adventure?

Have any of yous played Skylanders: Spyros adventure recently? Great game IMO, bit pricey and toys are no more than nice little statues however ill admit, im addicted to this game!!

And then it occured to me.....Could a MOTU Classics version of this game be possible?

Why not have articulated 3 3/4 " figures a la Marvel Universe done in the style of MOTU Classics, but the stand that comes with the figure has that computer chip technology which can be entered into a free roaming environment like Eternia? Each would be 10 - 15, be able to work as a figure on its own. Adventure packs could consist of different planets like Etheria or Despondos or different timelines like Preternia and the power ups could consist of the different power ups for He-man and Skeletor like Battle armor or flying fists or dragon blaster? Plus when youre not playing the game, you still have a great little toy figure to play with. I would prefer the main game to be quest based like Dragon quest and for it to be less cartoony than Skylanders

Whilst i know this idea is pie in the sky however i do feel someone will refine what has happened in this game and make more of a success of it than Activision and Toys for BoB?

What do you guys think? Could this route in general provide more knowledge of the brand than waiting on a movie to be released?
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

A different idea for a MOTU game

Dynasty Warriors. For those who haven't played it, it has 3 different factions fighting against each other trying to unify China.
    MOTU Warriors would have He-Man and the heroic warriors, Skeletors crew, The Horde, The Snakemen. Each would have named characters for generals and all would have basic soldiers, like the heroic warriors - royal soldiers, skeletor - there could be the floating robots, skeletons, the horde - horde trooper, the snakemen - well thats easy. so what do you guys think

I'm not familiar with the game, but that sounds pretty cool.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

It's a hack and slash type game .you could have vehicles , animals to ride on. Dynasty warriors is made by Koei and has branched other games like warriors of troy, dynasty warriors gundam. There's different costumes the characters can wear and different versions of their weapons and a lot of history

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun442 View Post
    Dynasty Warriors. For those who haven't played it, it has 3 different factions fighting against each other trying to unify China.
    MOTU Warriors would have He-Man and the heroic warriors, Skeletors crew, The Horde, The Snakemen. Each would have named characters for generals and all would have basic soldiers, like the heroic warriors - royal soldiers, skeletor - there could be the floating robots, skeletons, the horde - horde trooper, the snakemen - well thats easy. so what do you guys think
    Loved Dynasty warriors. Just an all out kick *** game. I could see MOTU warriors & villains playing a role in a game like this.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    how about a skyrim type game where you create a character and do quests for either the good or bad or both.....New characters can be introduced along the way so its not to be so small of a game and 20 hours in you have all the quests done for each person. a questline could have you going to get man at arms some equipment for something he is working on...or you get sent to despondos and have to fight your way back....

the final battle of the game could be you fighting along side either faction....I think it could be deep and fun.

I wouldn't mind seeing a social MOTUC game of some kind on Facebook if it meant it got the word out about the line and drove more people to purchase the product.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

As for voiceovers, the lead characters having familiar voice actors worked really well in Transformers: War for Cybertron and the Batman Arkham games. Hard to say if John Erwin and Alan Oppenheimer would reprise their roles but Cam Clarke and Brian Dobson ought to be fine.

I'm okay with foes with names being beaten in a rather brutal manner but not be killed.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Speaking of a MOTU video game...I hope THQ isnt in any trouble! They have the rights to several of Mattel's properties, as well as Voltron and stuff.

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1216677p1.html
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

how would you like a MOTU fighting game la MK9?

Since MOTU is still one of my favorite animated shows and the Mortal Kombat games are my favorite video game series.
    I would love to see how NetherRealm Studios bring the Masters and co to life and let them fighting in a game with the modified version of the Unreal Engine 3 engine they used for MK9.

I think the design of the 200x characters would be perfect for a modern fighting game.
    The 200x TV series showed that the characters have a lot of potential for special moves that are common in fighting games such as MK.

Those two - MK9 + MOTU 200x - mashed up would be a fun to see and a blast to play!

Any other MK fans here? What would you think about a MOTU beat 'em up?

I would prefer an action RPG type game.

But while I wouldn't care much for a fighter if it was good it would bring more exposure to the brand. I think it was DC Injustice I have heard some negative reactions to as an example.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Injustice: Gods Among Us isn't out until tomorrow. So we will see some real reactions after tomorrow. MK9 for example is one of the best rated all time fighting games.