Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Video Game Speculation Thread

An Oblivion or Neverwinter Nights stlye game would be great.

Mattel should try and get He-Man into the next Soul Cailbur, it's been good publicity for Vader's apprentice, and who wouldn't want to see He-Man duking it out with the Sword of Power?

Court Magician
    So, if He-man was in the X-Box version of Soul Calibur and Skeletor was in the PS3 version, which one would you buy?

There was a basic looking 2D fighter in production by Org members a while back. It looked really cool and old school which i feel would suit the Classics line well. A wide range of characters with plenty of moves and different finishers (no gore). Heaps of hidden/bonus characters like Green Goddess, Faker etc. Different costumes for each character. hidden stages like the library in Grayskull or Etheria.

Don't try and make the new Halo, just make a fun little game that's reasonably priced and more likely to be picked up by a non He-Fan

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthantula View Post
    So, if He-man was in the X-Box version of Soul Calibur and Skeletor was in the PS3 version, which one would you buy?
    Better idea:

He-Man in all the Soul Calibur 5 console games

Skeletor for PS3
    Hordak for XBox 360
    King Hsss for Wii

Heroic Warrior
    A Baldurs Gate game would be my pick but a Marvel Ultimate alliance style game would be awesome also. I would still like the next Mortal Kombat game to be vs MOTU like they are doin vs DC. Cause that would be some awesome shizna!
    N8

If they used the game engine from soul calibur then all they would have to do was re-design the moves to suit motu and create the characters.

Cut scenes between the fights could play out individual story lines

There could be an option in the settings to make the whole game vintage style or 200x style. How could you ever get board?

RPG would be the best idea though, imagine playing through 3 discs in motu universe covering Eternia and Etheria!

Movie mayhem!
    I have ALWAYS wanted a Shining force type He-man game. I turn based strategy RPG. I WOULD DIE HAPPY if that ever happened!

Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post
    If they used the game engine from soul calibur then all they would have to do was re-design the moves to suit motu and create the characters.

Cut scenes between the fights could play out individual story lines

There could be an option in the settings to make the whole game vintage style or 200x style. How could you ever get board?
    That's actually a pretty good idea.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

an MMO like World of Warcraft.

Start of as either Heroic Masters or Evil Warriors, then the first expansion brings in the Snakemen and second brings in the new world of Etheria and the Horde. Heroic Masters starting races; Human, Cyborg, Buzz-off's race, Trollan, Stratos' race. Flying races would get a Fatigue bar so flying mounts for winged races wouldn't sound silly and non fly races dont feel cheated. Professions like in WOW is where Windriders would come from, like in Guild Wars any armor made can be customized color wise and ability wise instead of WOW's system. I would spend all my time collecting Vanity pets like mini-shadowbeasts. Areas of myth like Shokotis' temple and The Nameless One in the MOTU lore become raid dungeons. It would be crazy and fantastic...

Warhammer kind of Motu game

I was just wondering. If Mattel would make a Warhammer kind of Motu game it might possible get a big group of followers thart would also get the toys. The MOTU universe has enough characters. And Warhammer etc. fans are loyal too.

What do you think? Would this perhaps help the MOTUC line or would it get in the way? Maybe after the movie?

I don't play Warhammer by the way. But I have some friends that do and thought it would be interesting. Especially when there would be a good starters set and the figures would be cheaper than the current game figures. The say the canon is great for it.

Well, I used to be into Warhammer when I was younger, I really cannot afford to play it now and haven't played for years, but I always used to wish this kind of game would be available for MOTU. Can you imagine army box sets of Horde Troopers, Snakemen, Bone Monsters etc
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I would support a line like that, or a line of MOTU - Herocilx or something similiar.

heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Hmm, I actually don't think MOTU has enough characters to surport a gameplay like Warhammer.
    Well, there is enough groups, but they all have to get figures added.
    And completly new characters could meet a hard time before acceptence amoungst fans, IMO anyways ...

We have the Horde Troopers, but need army figures from the other 3 groups - Skelly's soldiers, Snake Soldiers, and Heroic soldiers (the ones wearing MMA-looking armor would be cool).

I've never played Warhammer, but I have collected and painted hundreds of figures.
    I was mostly into Chaos and The Living Dead!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

OMG! Great SDCC Voltron "Game" From Mattel, Why No MOTUC "Game"?

I just saw this on ActionFigureInsider and thought it sounded like a LOT of fun! It's a great idea, interacts with fans/customers, gets them excited about the brand and there are prizes!

VOLTRON SCAVENGER HUNT:

In addition to the panel, Voltron fans can participate in the interactive adventure, “The Hunt to Form Voltron.” The scavenger hunt will take place July 21 to July 23 in the area surrounding the convention center. Participants will play using their smartphones on a mission to find the five Voltron lion standees and their corresponding QR codes. At each standee, players will receive an exclusive button and a chance to win a variety of collectible prizes from THQ, Mattel, WEP, Viz Media and Classic Media including: a 92-inch flat screen Mitsubishi television, an Xbox 360 console, classic Voltron action figures, Voltron retro t-shirts, DVDs and more.
    Now, I'm not 100% positive if this is solely a Mattel idea or if it was from someone else and Mattel hopped on board...but it's pretty darn exciting. I know nothing about Voltron and I would love to play! ...and look at those PRIZES!

This would have been AWESOME for MOTU's 30th! Just saying...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    A 92 inch TV sounds good to me... Now I need a fitting living room

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Maybe we'll get a Plundor Easter Egg hunt after they announce....FILMATION RIGHTS!!@#!@ AHHHHH!!!11!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    It sounded like a lot of fun, that is a cool idea.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    This would have been AWESOME for MOTU's 30th! Just saying...
    The 30th anniversary isn't until next year, though. They are just going to be making announcements at this year's Comic-Con regarding plans for the 30th anniversary. Maybe they'll do something like this next year for MOTU.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The Voltron thing is being done to launch 2 new toylines (revealed at the Voltron panel), a video game, and promote the new animated series

Mattel does not own Voltron they are just a cog in that machine along with THQ

I assume we don't see anything like this for MOTUC since we already by the toys and as of yet there is nothing else to promote

I am more surprised they don't do something like this for Monster High since that s their cash cow at retail

Maybe next year we will see something!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

That sounds awesome! It would be fun to do something like that for the 30th Anniversary.

Yay! One more thing to add to my list of "Must-Do's!"

And I finally caved and bought the Voltron exclusive, too. I only collect MOTUC, but he just looked sooooo cool.

Heroic Warrior

What about a MOTUC, exclusive video game?

'Batman: Arkham City' got me to thinking - why not a MOTUC game in this style? 'B:AC' takes in influences in design and plot from all versions of Batman to create a fan-sating, thrilling game.
    Imagine if Rocksteady did this for MOTU, it could be extraordinary, exclusively sold via 'Matty'.

i would definitely buy a MOTU-themed game! ... ...

my feelings on it are, if we ever see a new MOTU movie, then we should probably expect to see a video-game tie-in release also ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

they would probably short-change us and make a crappy game. They could rejuvenate/gain more interest in the line with a kick-ass game.

when I was playing infamous 2 I thought it would be awesome to play he-man similarly where the choices you make during quests would affect your good/evil standing leading towards two different he-man (good) and faker (evil) endings. And like Arkham City, throw in some side missions as She-ra, Teela, or even the sorceress, and give us some challenge maps with DLC. get on this, mattel. you're sitting on a gold mine, a gold mine!

Do you know how many units you would have to sell through of a game to break even? I am all for a game but selling it on Matty exclusively would be financial suicide. I think Digital River would explode attempting that lol
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback