Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about an extra figure every 3 months?

How about an extra figure every 3 months?

First off, I'm not on here much, so if this has been discussed, please forgive me.

I love the fact that we're getting new figures, but of course, I want more. So I think Mattel should consider adding an extra figure every 3-4 months. Starting in either March or April we would get two figures once every 3-4 months. That would only bump the yearly total to about 15-16 figures. I think that would be a good number of regular figures per year. Agree or disagree?
    I'm disabled because I chose to drink & drive. I broke my neck, when I totaled my car. I was in the exact same condition as Christopher Reeves was, but I regained my ability to walk. Please don't drink & drive. To read my story, checkout my website & share it with your family & friends.

http://www.dontdrinkandride.com/

Yes i am for more,too.
    I donīt want to spend 5 or more years to get all.

I'm all for it!!! Or maybe we can get an extra Fig for Christmas or something Like a "Christmas Spectatcular". I really would love to get a bonus fig after every 3 months. That would be really cool and help give the line an extra boost.

I'd really like at least 2 or 3 figures a month. combine the shipping and it wouldn't be that bad.

But to answer the question yes!
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I'd go for it!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by LionO View Post
    I'm all for it!!! Or maybe we can get an extra Fig for Christmas or something Like a "Christmas Spectatcular". I really would love to get a bonus fig after every 3 months. That would be really cool and help give the line an extra boost.
    YES! A Christmas variant of He-Man dressed as Santa!!!! That would be awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    We kinda already are. We get a NYCC exclusive in February and an SDCC exclusive in July.

So thats two extras already.

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    We kinda already are. We get a NYCC exclusive in February and an SDCC exclusive in July.

So thats two extras already.
    Yeah I know about those, but they are exclusives. I was just mainly talking about adding more of the regular figs we'll be getting.
    I'm disabled because I chose to drink & drive. I broke my neck, when I totaled my car. I was in the exact same condition as Christopher Reeves was, but I regained my ability to walk. Please don't drink & drive. To read my story, checkout my website & share it with your family & friends.

http://www.dontdrinkandride.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Beasty72 View Post
    Yeah I know about those, but they are exclusives. I was just mainly talking about adding more of the regular figs we'll be getting.
    I know it sounds good...but with the exclusives we will already be getting like 18 figures a year. Thats more then NA, the original 80's line, or 200x had in a year. Its more then NA had in the whole line. More then the stactions had. Heck its close to the total 200x had as well.

It would be nice to get them faster. Like 6 at a time every 3 months. But if we actually get one a month and the exclusives I can see no reason for us to complain. Thats a lot of figures. More then almost every toy line gets. Except maybe starwars. Thats also a lot of work for one studio (4H) and 4 guys to sculpt.

And you never know, we could get more. SOme repaints or something. But lets not get to greedy here. I will be uber happy if we get what is already planned for the first year.

For me, the perfect release dates would be:

1 figure per month.
    1 exclusive figure at NYCC.
    1 exclusive figure at SDCC.
    December extra 2-pack "He-Man and Skeletor classic variant" figures (BA He-Man & BA Skeletor, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, etc. - regular release.)

Guys, I fully expect down the line we may get more figures. In fact, Mattel even said something to this effect, but first the line must be a success in it's current formula and I can assure you they won't deem it successful until after several months of this.

We have to see how it goes first. Baby steps. MOTUC has potential to be a big line for a long time.

I know it sounds good...but with the exclusives we will already be getting like 18 figures a year. Thats more then NA, the original 80's line, or 200x had in a year. Its more then NA had in the whole line. More then the stactions had. Heck its close to the total 200x had as well.

It would be nice to get them faster. Like 6 at a time every 3 months. But if we actually get one a month and the exclusives I can see no reason for us to complain. Thats a lot of figures. More then almost every toy line gets. Except maybe starwars. Thats also a lot of work for one studio (4H) and 4 guys to sculpt.

And you never know, we could get more. SOme repaints or something. But lets not get to greedy here. I will be uber happy if we get what is already planned for the first year.
    I must agree with motuxmen, I am very grateful for what were are going to get.

But I would love it if Mattel would offer an exclusive POP 2 Pack extra to what we are getting this year. I just so desperately want to see some POP characters. Maybe She-Ra and Catra, Bow and Glimmer, Frosta and Castaspella. or Angella and Entrapta. I would be so happy if we got one or two POP character in the first year, or just outside of it. When watching the video's put up of the MOTUC panel it was so good to hear the audience cheer when POP characters were mentioned.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    For me, the perfect release dates would be:

1 figure per month.
    1 exclusive figure at NYCC.
    1 exclusive figure at SDCC.
    December extra 2-pack "He-Man and Skeletor classic variant" figures (BA He-Man & BA Skeletor, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, etc. - regular release.)

It would be good...but thats like 20 figures in the first year. LOL thats a ton of figures. We are talking like 500 bucks a year to keep up...and thats just figure price. Dosent count the tickets to get to the cons, or the added cost of picking them up after, nor does it count the shipping costs. That is a lot of money to expect someone to pay out for a years worth of figures. Thats more then almost the whole 200x line cost retail. IT IS more then the stactions cost retail, all 6 waves including exlusives.

I just cant see Mattel making a lot more figures, or how we can expect them too. Its just not realistic, IMO.

EDIT----Even if this line were retail we would not get any more figures. We might get more at once, but not more overall. Like I said, there are entire lines that get less over several years, then we are scheduled to get in one year. That includes two prior motu incarnations.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I know it sounds good...but with the exclusives we will already be getting like 18 figures a year.
    Where'd we get 18? 12 and 2 exclusives gives us 14. What am I missing?

More then almost every toy line gets. Except maybe starwars. Thats also a lot of work for one studio (4H) and 4 guys to sculpt.
    I think we need to say "comparable toy line." A lot of retail lines easily hit that mark per year (yes, often it is because of technicolor variants and such, but things like ML beat that in three waves). Comparing it to other specialty lines seems more appropriate anyway, in which case it does come out at the top of the heap. A lot of specialty lines from Neca and such maybe have two to three waves a year if they're lucky. Compared to that, we're doing well.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

It would be good...but thats like 20 figures in the first year. LOL thats a ton of figures. We are talking like 500 bucks a year to keep up...and thats just figure price. Dosent count the tickets to get to the cons, or the added cost of picking them up after, nor does it count the shipping costs. That is a lot of money to expect someone to pay out for a years worth of figures. Thats more then almost the whole 200x line cost retail. IT IS more then the stactions cost retail, all 6 waves including exlusives.

I just cant see Mattel making a lot more figures, or how we can expect them too. Its just not realistic, IMO.

EDIT----Even if this line were retail we would not get any more figures. We might get more at once, but not more overall. Like I said, there are entire lines that get less over several years, then we are scheduled to get in one year. That includes two prior motu incarnations.
    That's 16... not 20... and I'm just dreaming and saying what would be great for me personally. Not everybody wants the classic variants and I personally would love them.

It's only 2 more figures than what we're getting anyway. Mattel has already confirmed 14. Two more as a Christmas exclusive 2-pack is a neat idea to me

Heroic Warrior
    That's 16... not 20... and I'm just dreaming and saying what would be great for me personally. Not everybody wants the classic variants and I personally would love them.

It's only 2 more figures than what we're getting anyway. Mattel has already confirmed 14. Two more as a Christmas exclusive 2-pack is a neat idea to me
    Your right, 14. Add in KG and thats 16. Youd think being an accounting major i would be able to add better. Oh well.

Still 16, and thats with out any variants of any kind and I am sure we will get at least some on the exclusives. Thats still more then we have gotten on any other motu line in a year. I would love to have more. Id love for us to get 40 a year, and I am not kidding.

But to realistically expect it is a lot. And to ask for it with any expectation of getting it is a lot to ask for. We are already getting a line. A line that by all rights we probably shouldnt get, seeing as how the last two motu incarnations did not end well. And they were not that long ago. And this line has no retail support. No movie, cartoon, or comics. Getting anything is a blessing. To ask for more is a bit much to me. Im not trying to be rude to you or anyone else. But lets be greatful for what we are getting and see how it goes before we ask for anything more.

I'm hoping that the line does good and down the line we get more than one a month.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

At a $20.00 price point, once a month is fine with me. I'd go for two a month if they drop the price a bit.
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

Still 16, and thats with out any variants of any kind and I am sure we will get at least some on the exclusives. Thats still more then we have gotten on any other motu line in a year. I would love to have more. Id love for us to get 40 a year, and I am not kidding.

But to realistically expect it is a lot. And to ask for it with any expectation of getting it is a lot to ask for. We are already getting a line. A line that by all rights we probably shouldnt get, seeing as how the last two motu incarnations did not end well. And they were not that long ago. And this line has no retail support. No movie, cartoon, or comics. Getting anything is a blessing. To ask for more is a bit much to me. Im not trying to be rude to you or anyone else. But lets be greatful for what we are getting and see how it goes before we ask for anything more.
    I never said that I demand 16! I simply mentioned that I could definitely go for a 2-pack variant more is all. It works "for me".

I'm happy we're getting what we're getting and am just adding in my opinion that I would be even "greedily" happier with just a tad more.

I'm being quite realistic and please keep in mind that we're pipe dreaming here and saying what we would like.

No need for anybody to receive a reality check. We're already confirmed with 14 per year so... ain't it fun to chat on hypotheticals and personal wants/desires? Yes I says. yes it is.

Heroic Warrior
    I never said that I demand 16! I simply mentioned that I could definitely go for a 2-pack variant more is all. It works "for me".

I'm happy we're getting what we're getting and am just adding in my opinion that I would be even "greedily" happier with just a tad more.

I'm being quite realistic and please keep in mind that we're pipe dreaming here and saying what we would like.

No need for anybody to receive a reality check. We're already confirmed with 14 per year so... ain't it fun to chat on hypotheticals and personal wants/desires? Yes I says. yes it is.
    I can understand dreaming. But to me, people on here are more talking about realistic wants, not dreams.(and I mean this thread) Ive seen plenty of complaining about "only" getting one a month and all that...those are the people i am talking to.

I'm a Yes-Man in this aspect. Quarterly would be a great way to start things out in regard to adding more figure releases to the line.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Heroic Warrior
    i would like 18 or 24 per year!

Thats more then... 200x had in a year.
    In 2003 MotUX had more than 50 figures according to he-man.org. That does include a bunch of repaints, but still, it's a little higher than 14. And even though those figures were 65-70% less expensive (counting shipping for MotUC), you're at about 450 dollars for the whole lot, and that doesn't count the creatures, and vehicles, and other stuff they released. Plus for super collectors like me, who bought all of the merchandise like comics, toothbrushes, sunglasses etc. your talking about a ton of money that one person had the option to spend on MotU that year (and I did ).

I would love it if the line were successful enough to release 2 figures a month, but I would hope for a price decrease to be part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    In 2003 MotUX had more than 50 figures according to he-man.org. That does include a bunch of repaints, but still, it's a little higher than 14. And even though those figures were 65-70% less expensive (counting shipping for MotUC), you're at about 450 dollars for the whole lot, and that doesn't count the creatures, and vehicles, and other stuff they released. Plus for super collectors like me, who bought all of the merchandise like comics, toothbrushes, sunglasses etc. your talking about a ton of money that one person had the option to spend on MotU that year (and I did ).

I would love it if the line were successful enough to release 2 figures a month, but I would hope for a price decrease to be part of the deal.
    Tell me about it. collected alot stuff I shouldn't. I think that the new line is pricey. But hey ill deal just as long as I get a toyline.

Nevertheless, it should make no difference for Mattel, actually whether are 50 figures sold in 5 years or in 2 years or?? Central issue of master everything rocks other away and is sold off or nearly.
    Or would get brilliant 4HM then no more vacation?
    Last edited by Merman79; August 5, 2008 at 07:12pm.