Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KGS, sold-out or hyped-up?

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    I'm confused, is King Grayskull a Comicon exclusive period, or is King Grayskull in the electronic packaging the exclusive with a regular packaged figure to come out later?
    Personally, I really doubt that Mattel will re-release King Grayskull without the electronics. I think that is just a rumor that started when someone misread a quote from Toyguru last month.

I May well be wrong but seeing as to how they are only releasing 1 figure per month through the Mattycollector site, and considering all the excitement and anticipation for new never before made figures (and the ones that didn't get re-made for the 200x line), it just doesn't seem likely.

If they're going to re-release a Con exclusive I'd much rather see a Spirit of Grayskull, myself.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RavageX-9 View Post
    I'm kind of annoyed that "don't worry, despite not putting a limit on sales for scalpers, there will be enough for everybody." ...
    They do plan to make enough to fill orders, but KG was not originally planned to be on the site at all. He was intended to be a limited con exclusive. They kept some aside to sell on the site, but it might have been for a trial run prior to the official launch of the line, as well a bit of fan service.

But, that being said, they may well have over spoke about the production run of these figures, perhaps not predicting the success. So limiting them might now be the norm. But yes they did say there were to be no limits on ordering, and "why buy from the secondary market when you can buy from the source" was a non-verbatim tag line (so to speak) from them.

This does beg the question of wether or not late comers to the collection will be able to purchase older figures. If they are worried about scalpers being able to wipe them out, then they should be more worried about the long term availability of them. As if this is to be an ongoing and growing line, new collectors are inevitable, and it's safe to assume that many will also be completist. The limit may be an attempt to secure that option, though I would lean toward sales being a higher interest over any other concern, so the limit is actually a pretty viable debate.

That being said, what a way to start out the line. Either they had no idea it was to be a success, or they went the hype route with KG. I think they should reintroduce this figure to the line, as his limited availability does put a big stank on things.

that's me cents worth,
    cheers

If they aren't sold out, Mattel's doing the same on all their other figures.... So yeah... They're sold out.

Right now with the He-Man figures you either get them or you don't. Mattel wants to sell through them all. They are limiting scalpers but if you come in late to the line, you hope for a re-release down the road.

I'm sure we'll see some re-releases but it won't be for some time.

I would be happy if Mattel produce so much figures, that each fan of us gets his "2 oder 3 pack" of one figure and the bad scalpers gets 10 or 20 or more figures. And at last they will sit on their own figs for a long time.

I didn't mean to spark off any sarcastic remarks or crazy conspiracy stuff here. Was just wondering since the KGS's were aparently sold out at SDCC, yet there were leftovers to sell on Matty's.

Anyway I'm not saying it's new either. I know other companies in many fields do the same, that's not what in question.

The only recent release of MOTU stuff that was really sold out in m opinion was the staction line with Jitsu, especially if you wanted him with pony tail still in tact.

Quote Originally Posted by x2x3x2 View Post
    Was just wondering since the KGS's were aparently sold out at SDCC, yet there were leftovers to sell on Matty's.
    That's not how it worked. They told us they'd be putting some aside to sell on the website.

Thanks BCI Guy, got it now

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    This does beg the question of wether or not late comers to the collection will be able to purchase older figures. If they are worried about scalpers being able to wipe them out, then they should be more worried about the long term availability of them. As if this is to be an ongoing and growing line, new collectors are inevitable, and it's safe to assume that many will also be completist. The limit may be an attempt to secure that option, though I would lean toward sales being a higher interest over any other concern, so the limit is actually a pretty viable debate.

That being said, what a way to start out the line. Either they had no idea it was to be a success, or they went the hype route with KG. I think they should reintroduce this figure to the line, as his limited availability does put a big stank on things.
    Very well articulated, and exactly how I've been feeling about it.

Movie mayhem!
    Well this thing is definitively sold out and not just hyped up. I know because my order didn't fully complete and when I called to fix it they said they were sorry but at this point they were completely out of stock on the figure and even though i ordered in time since it didn't complete (because of the site problems) i am out of luck.

Also.. AFX has a bronze KGS on ebay... which is weird to me somehow lol
    Last edited by Patreek; August 7, 2008 at 12:13am.
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

Quote Originally Posted by x2x3x2 View Post
    I didn't mean to spark off any sarcastic remarks or crazy conspiracy stuff here.
    I'm only sarcastic to the ones I love.

Heroic Warrior

KG Not Sold Out (IMO)

Hi Guys,

The whole issue of KG being sold out is being resolved on these boards, due to credit cards

being rejected and false multiple orders. More KG's that will be available to the public, I

believe that Matty will process all the valid orders, whatever is left will be made available

for a second chance. We have to be patient and hopefully the issues with the website will

be resolved before October 31st.

Heroic Warrior
    I am sure KG is sold out. I see no reason why they would do this. Also as for keeping him up on the site after he was sold out...this line has no advertising except for the site. So why not leave him up there as free pub, and to show different examples of the figures.

And I do not think they will re-release this figure as it is currently put together. There are no more to release. Even if they get the double orders fixed and there are some left, it would go to the people that ordered and there were no in stock for.