Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

Thread: MotUC Power Swords

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Novelty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Erehwon
    Posts
    635

    MotUC Power Swords

    OK, so He-Man and Grayskull got their grey ones, and apparently skeletor and faker are getting their purple and orange swords. King Grayskull also got the bronze and crystal/spirit swords.

    Do you think...
    1. Prince Adam will have a pink sword?
    2. that we will get a weapons pack with a blue sword?

    Do we care?
    Got Fur

    I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

  2. #2
    wants Dragstor!!! Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Plains of Perpetua
    Posts
    13,871
    1) Toyguru already has said that he'd have a pink sword.
    2) I don't think so.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

  3. #3
    Wise Old Trollan Uncle Montork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    South Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,753
    It was stated many moons ago in one of the question/answer rounds about the weapon colors. I know, cause I asked it. Everybody will get their weapons colored in the same colors they had in the 80s, so yes, Prince Adam (if/when they do him) will have a magenta sword, Whiplash would have an orange spear, etc.

    As for the return of the blue sword and the classic weapons pak, I would like to see this as well. They have most of the molds for the weapons done already (He-Man, Beast Man, Zodac). The only update I would like to see, should they do it, is that the blue power sword come both as a full sword and the "He-Man" half, as it did in the old pak.

    And yes, I do care, actually.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

  4. #4
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,980
    oyguru said that if they had power swords in the 80s toyline they have them with the matching colour scheme in this line, so Adam should be getting a purple one, but you know I'd love them to have adam wearing his original blue colours.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  5. #5
    A big fan of Slush Head
    Mike Bock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Quagmi swamp
    Posts
    9,162
    I hope they give us a weapons pack like in the 80s. I really want one.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

  6. #6
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    4,274
    I for 1 love the new half swords!! I perfer my collection to evolve just like MOTU did in the 80`s so after Prince Adam is released that`s when I plan on using the full sword

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior Aramis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    2,385
    I think they can make it cool, if they would use some metallic paint on Adam's magenta sword.

    At that point, I have to tell you I would like to see, the re-made King Grayskull with the 200x sword.
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

    Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

    Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Wise Old Trollan Uncle Montork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    South Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,753
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I just hope they get around to making Adam.
    I see no reason why they shouldn't. Everything already exists except his vest and its belt. They already pressed Faker out, I would see no reason not to do Adam.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

  10. #10
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,904
    Hooray for the Magenta Power Sword! LOL! I'm unexplainably happy about that!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  11. #11
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,385
    I really want the weapons pack too. id buy at least 2 of them!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    I really want the weapons pack too. id buy at least 2 of them!
    Same here (really want, would buy at least 2).

  13. #13
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,422
    I'm not really a big fan of the pink/magenta sword for Adam, but I can understand why some people may want it.

    Personally, I think a good trade-off would be to skip giving Adam any kind of 'half' power sword to connect up with Skeletor's (because this really isn't necessary for Adam, IMO, since it's really He-Man's sword that needs to connect with Skeletor's), and instead maybe give him 2 'full' power swords, one that is identical to the 'full' gray sword that came with He-Man and regular King Grayskull, and another that is the pink/magenta color.

    I would be happy with this, because to some extent I do have some nostalgic memories of the magenta sword for Adam. I just don't think it would work best as the only sword that he comes with this time around. Having both colors would be the best comprimise.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  14. #14
    Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Modesto CA
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I'm not really a big fan of the pink/magenta sword for Adam, but I can understand why some people may want it.

    Personally, I think a good trade-off would be to skip giving Adam any kind of 'half' power sword to connect up with Skeletor's (because this really isn't necessary for Adam, IMO, since it's really He-Man's sword that needs to connect with Skeletor's), and instead maybe give him 2 'full' power swords, one that is identical to the 'full' gray sword that came with He-Man and regular King Grayskull, and another that is the pink/magenta color.

    I would be happy with this, because to some extent I do have some nostalgic memories of the magenta sword for Adam. I just don't think it would work best as the only sword that he comes with this time around. Having both colors would be the best comprimise.
    That's a really good idea, actually. I mean, I'd be cool if he just has the magenta sword (Nostalgia and all) but if they did this, it's kind of a best of both worlds gimmick. that would be really cool.

  15. #15
    A big fan of Slush Head
    Mike Bock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Quagmi swamp
    Posts
    9,162
    Now I wonder if She-Ra is going to come with a gray sword or a gold one.
    I never liked the gold sword and I hope they give her a gray one.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior Mern-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Now I wonder if She-Ra is going to come with a gray sword or a gold one.
    I never liked the gold sword and I hope they give her a gray one.
    AMEN to that.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

    Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

    The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Now I wonder if She-Ra is going to come with a gray sword or a gold one.
    I never liked the gold sword and I hope they give her a gray one.
    mixed feelings. I don't think I'd mind a gold one IF it was the REAL SHAPE!

    However I honestly would prefer a gray jeweled sword and a half that would connect with He-man's


    AHHHH what if they gave She-ra the gray sword, and then Gave ADORA a gold one? Keeps the theme of Hero/secret Id having different colors, and gives everyone the color they want?
    Last edited by phantom1592; January 7, 2009 at 05:10pm.

  18. #18
    A big fan of Slush Head
    Mike Bock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Quagmi swamp
    Posts
    9,162
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    AHHHH what if they gave She-ra the gray sword, and then Gave ADORA a gold one? Keeps the theme of Hero/secret Id having different colors, and gives everyone the color they want?

    I wouldn't mind that and it would be similar to Adam's. I like it.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

  19. #19
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,154
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    AHHHH what if they gave She-ra the gray sword, and then Gave ADORA a gold one? Keeps the theme of Hero/secret Id having different colors, and gives everyone the color they want?
    That's actually a very, very brilliant idea! I would love it if they did that.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  20. #20
    The Line of Eld Lioncourt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Better here than Privet Drive
    Posts
    9,230
    Yeah, I'd like the weapons pack as well. I'm not even sure why, exactly, except that it was extremely cool.

    " … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

    { @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }
    19

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior Mern-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,361
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    mixed feelings. I don't think I'd mind a gold one IF it was the REAL SHAPE!

    However I honestly would prefer a gray jeweled sword and a half that would connect with He-man's


    AHHHH what if they gave She-ra the gray sword, and then Gave ADORA a gold one? Keeps the theme of Hero/secret Id having different colors, and gives everyone the color they want?
    That TOTALLY works! Like Mike said, it'd be similar to how they do Adam, so I dig it.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

    Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

    The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

  22. #22
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,705
    The real question is, will they ever fix the dang dimple problem?

    As to the thread questions?

    1. Of course Adam's sword will be magenta. I think with all the others that have been released already, this really shouldn't be a mystery.
    2. I would love to see a weapon's pack, I'd love to see a blue sword. The way all the armor is removable on everyone, I think a weapon's pack would just be a no-brainer. I would dare say there's plenty of fan support for it.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    1. Of course Adam's sword will be magenta. I think with all the others that have been released already, this really shouldn't be a mystery.
    2. I would love to see a weapon's pack, I'd love to see a blue sword. The way all the armor is removable on everyone, I think a weapon's pack would just be a no-brainer. I would dare say there's plenty of fan support for it.
    I agree on both counts.

    Toyguru has said they'll be the same color as their originals, and I don't see that changing for Adam if we get him.

    As for your points on the weapons pack, it does seem like a no-brainer, but when it comes to Mattel and MOTU, I'm almost afraid to hope.

  24. #24
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,745
    Yes, the idea that they will all mirror their vintage ounterparts has me jazzed for odd reasons as well, Mandalorian! As for She-Ra and Adora...the differing colors for each of them is a good idea.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior kenobi96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    659
    I still think I want She-Ra's sword to be gold (with jewel, of course).
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •