View Poll Results: Are you happy with the amount of points of articulation?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, there's too much!

19 11.95%
  • I'm happy, all good.

133 83.65%
  • No, there's not enough, need more turning parts.

7 4.40%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with the amount of points-of-articulation?

Are you happy with the amount of points-of-articulation?

What say you?

heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I like the amount that they have. Retains a great looking sculpt but not looking like a bunch of ball joints like Marvel Legends do.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

P-E-R-F-E-C-T as is

I seriously hope they don't introduce the upper thy articulation with MOTUC figs, like they have done with DCU Classics. Its just a step to far for my tastes. I loved the DCUC Wonder Woman and variant at the prototype stage.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...er_woman_1.jpg

But at SDCC when they showed pictures of them, it appears Mattel have added upper thy articulation.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/DSC04368.jpg

On bare skin I think the joins looks really noticable, and it has ruined these figures for me. (I am seriously considering not buying them because of this.)
    On figures where the legs are painted, like Star Fire or Nightwing the join can be hidden a little better.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=600&start=0

http://www.dcuc.info/wave_3/nightwin...sales-photo-2/

I just think the line is so much more noticable on bare skin, and I seriously hope they don't include it in MOTUC, especially if the figure has exposed legs.
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 13, 2008 at 12:30pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I'm happy BUT I would have been just as happy with a tad less. The mid torso and ankle and even the bicep articlulation has always been a bit too much for me.

Regardless, I really can't be happier than I am with what we have on the MOTUC plate as is! I really do like what we have seen.

I must say though... definitely NOT more articulation!

Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    I'm happy BUT I would have been just as happy with a tad less. The mid torso and ankle and even the bicep articlulation has always been a bit too much for me.

Regardless, I really can't be happier than I am with what we have on the MOTUC plate as is! I really do like what we have seen.

I must say though... definitely NOT more articulation!
    Yea I like it but t the time I got a really loose KG. Im not so happy with that but it is what it is. I definitly dont want any more articulation added. Its really good the way it is.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

The figures are perfect!!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I like them the way they are! And I've never really been a fan of the super articulation, but the 4H are doing a good job with the sculpts so the articulation isn't as noticeable.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I seriously hope they don't introduce the upper thy articulation with MOTUC figs, like they have done with DCU Classics. Its just a step to far for my tastes. I loved the DCUC Wonder Woman and variant at the prototype stage.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...er_woman_1.jpg

But at SDCC when they showed pictures of them, it appears Mattel have added upper thy articulation.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/DSC04368.jpg

On bare skin I think the joins looks really noticable, and it has ruined these figures for me. (I am seriously considering not buying them because of this.)
    On figures where the legs are painted, like Star Fire or Nightwing the join can be hidden a little better.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=600&start=0

http://www.dcuc.info/wave_3/nightwin...sales-photo-2/

I just think the line is so much more noticable on bare skin, and I seriously hope they don't include it in MOTUC, especially if the figure has exposed legs.
    I totally agree with what you said about the thigh articulation. In that pic with the two WW, it also looks like they might have given the second one hip articulation.
    These MOTUC have just enough for me, no complaints.

Heroic Warrior
    actually, yes.

that's one thing I never had a gripe about at all.

just the right amount of articulation.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Yes, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I like the amount that they have. Retains a great looking sculpt but not looking like a bunch of ball joints like Marvel Legends do.
    AMEN! That's it.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I think it's perfect right where it's at. No more needed!
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I'm exstatic about the new MOTUC line, however I wish they had gone for double jointed articulation. For those who don't like the look of an articulation, if the figures are articulated at the elbow or knee in the first place, a double joint doesn't really look any worse than a single one...

The 4 horsemen's females from their own line have double joints and they look really fabulous...

The joint I wish they REALLY would ad would be a proper wrist articulation, not a swivel but a proper one that would have allowed He-man to really hold his sword the right way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I love the amount of joints... but I hate loose joints and risk is going up..

I'm cool with the current articulation. I think it works well for the Masters Of The Universe. I just don't see them looking as good if they used the Marvel Legends level of articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    The joint I wish they REALLY would ad would be a proper wrist articulation, not a swivel but a proper one that would have allowed He-man to really hold his sword the right way!
    I agree with you!

Heroic Warrior
    Very happy.

Double-jointed knees and elbows would have been cool, but the range of movement offered by the single-joint is decent and accommodates the larger arm and leg muscle size/sculpt.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    I love the amount of joints... but I hate loose joints and risk is going up..
    I agree, the loose joints, arms and legs are a huge risk for this ADULT COLLECTOR'S line.

I originally voted "No, there's too much!", but now that I have the first figures they've grown on me. I actually started to like the articulation. Anyway, I still prefer mini-statues over action-figures, but that's just me...
    Well, and articulation tends to loosen with time passing by - I'm not sure I'll still be happy about it in some years...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I am very happy with the articulation of these. For me, it is just enough before going overboard.

Happy...and that's saying a lot as I'm really all for SA on everything.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, love 'em!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I dig it ... i wouldn't have minded a swivel above the thigh for sitting..but all in all GREAT... any less and i dont think i would have gotten into these figures.. articulation is HUGE for me..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I wouldn't miss the ab crunch if it went away.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread