View Poll Results: If Mattel does BAF... who do you want "most"?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Granamyr (a green dragon like in the "Dragon's Gift" mini-comic.)

59 30.73%
  • Battle Cat

56 29.17%
  • Panthor

3 1.56%
  • Tytus

31 16.15%
  • Megator

7 3.65%
  • Serpos

8 4.17%
  • Monstroid

3 1.56%
  • Haramesh (the Demon)

3 1.56%
  • Procrustus (the God that holds Eternia's "Inner World" together with his many arms.)

8 4.17%
  • Mantisaur

14 7.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Mattel does BAF... who do you want "most"?

A big fan of Slush Head
    This poll right here shows the popularity of Granamyr. You see Mattel, this Dragon rules!! We want one

Who else can run a poll toe to toe against Battle Cat?
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

and BAF means...

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    and BAF means...

Build a Figure
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

About Granamyr. Couldn't they just make him red? The dragons in the MYP cartoon were red after all so that seems like a pretty good excuse.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I voted Battle Cat, but I think Battle Cat or Panthor deserve their own release. All those other characters are too obscure IMO too.
    I would like to see KG Battle Lion then

Mantisaur - once we have Hordak...

Battle Cat and Panthor will get there own releases for sure. So...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I chose Battle Cat because Battle Cat and Panthor are absolute musts for the line in my opinion, but to be honest I don't think either one would be particularly well suited to the BAF idea. I'd much rather see them done as a whole unit/individual release. I just think they'd be better quality and look better overall.

As far as BAF ideas go, personally I'd much rather see something like Battle Bones done as a BAF. That's just me though...

Granamyr for me, and he has to be Foom sized.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    No BAF's please. Unless they start releasing MOTUC in waves rather than one per month, i see no point in BAF.
    I'd much rather just have the creature as a regular release than have to wait nearly a year to assemble one figure!
    There's no reason why any of the listed creatures can't just be packaged in some type of larger box & made as a regular release like so many other toylines have done for years.
    No BAF in motuc please. it's not necessary.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I really don't think Battlecat and Panthor should be BAF's, they should just come out with a normal release or as a conEx. Titus and Megator were a good idea but they'd have to be completely redesigned. The originals were downright ugly figures. Granamyr would be my vote out of the ones you mention but I think I'd rather have him in a scale that wouldn't be possible with a BAF.

Chose Tytus because there wasn't an option for both Tytus and Megator.
    Who has the Power?

I'm going with Battle Cat, who would be followed up with Panthor.
    I would want the cats to be put together quickly. Meaning, place the two front arms/legs with one figure, then the two hind legs, then the head & upper body, then the armor & lower body. Not one leg with one figure & so on. It would take forever to put the cats together. I don't have that kind of patience.

What are the names of the three giants from the MYP 'toon? I'd want those guys too.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post
    Mantisaur - once we have Hordak...

Battle Cat and Panthor will get there own releases for sure. So...

edDy
    100% agree, plus Mantisaur is the only figure whose style, parts and articulations suit perfectly for a BAF
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Modulok was left off the list?

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I hope they DON'T do any BAF, unless they start releasing these figures in waves rather than one at a time. i don't want to have to wait 6 - 8 months to assemble a figure and have parts that don't fit together or colors that don't match up. Not to mention that if the line should happen to get cancelled mid year, we'd be stuck with an incomplete figure. That bugs me more than anything. i don't want to feel obligated to have to buy a specific figure just get a part of another figure i really want.

No BAF in MOTUC, no no no!

Why do people want BAF for anyway, when they can just release the larger figures/creatures the same as any other figure? I see no logic in it. It's a ridiculous idea imo, given the line is one figure per month. Plus i'm not sure how moc collectors would like it if there was a huge body part packed in with their figures. I'd much rather have accessories specific to the figure packed in than parts of another figure.

If they were to start releasing these in waves where i could buy the whole set in one shot; then i'd be fine with BAF's. Otherwise, a big NO!!
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Properly scaled King Grayskull or Beastman

I want a Granamyr rather badly but I'm not sure if BAF is the best option, I think Granamyr should get his own monthly release.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for Battle Cat.

But i want Panthor as well.

Darth Bong

no modulok?

I`m just wondering why you guys want to keep watering down this line? It`s this type of stuff that kills lines and with MOTU`s shadowed past, I figured we`d want to stay as far away as possible from anything that could potentially kill the line, Mattel`s doing a good enough job of that already, why add to it?
    I vote action figures, beasts and playsets/vehicles, no carrying cases, warrior rings BAF`s etc, that`s a waste of tooling dollars that could go into making either more beats or individually sculpted figs. When Mattel`s saying we won`t get a Ramman, I`d rather see the money going to "try" to get it for us as opposed to spending that money on things that are for kids. Do we want the new characters or do we want a bunch of miscelanious junk? I`ll leave that up to you guys.
    Plus the fact that this poll is rigged by not giving us the option to not want any BAF`s!!

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Since when are BAFs for kids? It's a way for us to get larger characters that might not cost out as figures on their own. By spreading the tooling costs over the course of several figures, it becomes more cost effective, and also boosts sales of some of the figures that include BAF parts, since many people will buy a figure or two they might not otherwise to complete the BAF. I'm fine with not having a BAF, and I don't see it happening, but there's nothing wrong with discussing the possiblity.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Since when are BAFs for kids? It's a way for us to get larger characters that might not cost out as figures on their own. By spreading the tooling costs over the course of several figures, it becomes more cost effective, and also boosts sales of some of the figures that include BAF parts, since many people will buy a figure or two they might not otherwise to complete the BAF. I'm fine with not having a BAF, and I don't see it happening, but there's nothing wrong with discussing the possiblity.
    2 problems with BAf, to build it i`ll have to buy figures I wouln`t otherwise buy and for US MOC collectors, it just looks horrid to have a giant leg in the package

I'd rather the characters came with a part of greyskull or one of the old playsets to display the figures on.
    That said, I'd probably prefer to see extra heads and armour for the characters over anything else

Heroic Warrior
    Modulok/Multi-Bot, you could have a couple of parts with each figure spanning months.

I want a Build-A-Figure He-Man.

That would be cool to have one that's 13" tall with in scale Power Sword, axe, shield, removable harness armor & snap on clam shell Battle Armor.

I know most everybody wants the giants & cats & other figures, (I want Battle Cat NOW!) I want a big ol' He-Man too.