Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LAVA-SHARK: 2007 FBCC Kids Champion WIP and Discussion Thread

Eternian Sculpter Wannabe Royalt1us's Avatar

LAVA-SHARK: 2007 FBCC Kids Champion WIP and Discussion Thread

OK, this is were I will post updates and wip pics of progress made on LAVA-SHARK.
    Please feel free to post ideas, comments, and your own pics of LAVA-SHARK himself.
    I will keep his original drawing and my version up in this first post, as well as the most current pic(s) of his progress.

So here are the sketches and current color comps:

INFO: Name: LAVA-SHARK
    Powers: He can squirt lava out of his mouth and he can control lava. He can also swim in lava.
    Story: He is on Hordak's team. Hordak found him in the lava by the skeletores fortress. He took him to join his army.

LAVA-SHARK will have two versions, the Hammer-head version and the Shark-head version.
    OK, so first item of discussion: Scale. How big should LAVA-SHARK be?

I personally see him middle sized, not the biggest, but not the smallest either.
    But if you were going to compare him to an exsisting action figure or Staction figure, who would it be?

Update:WIP pic:

Last edited by Royalt1us; November 19, 2008 at 12:47am.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I'd go with about the same size as beastman.

I have to agree with Darth Latveria-- Beastman size seems appropriate. Just an aside-- I am LOVING the Hammerhead version.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Beast mans size seems appropriate. But I am torn between the regular head and the hammer head

Two heads? Great - that's in a way two characters at once, like Lava-Shark and Magma-Shark

Because of the possible hunch I can see him even smaller than Beast-Man. More comact so to speak!

I am loving the two-head idea. Nice to have options. I would agree Beastman sized is the way to go. No bigger than that.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I'm anticipating this guy. I'm thinking about the size of Beastman would work. He doesn't have to be mammoth in size. Might-Bite looks like he'd be the bigger of our fan shark creations.

I'd like to even see him slenderized a little.

Hm... guess I'm the only one that wants to see him the same size as Clawful!

As far as heads - I personally prefer the great white version. If there is a way to do both that would be cool.

Heroic Warrior
    So glad to see another Shark -based character. He would should at least be Beastmans size. Cant wait to see him.

I would like Beastman size and the Hammerhead.

But anything Tom does will turn out spectacular.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

i am think more roboto size...i am looking foward to this figure...he looks to be very cool...or should i say hot
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Movie mayhem!
    Yay! More Royal1tus amazingness will soon be in my hands! I might just have to buy two of these...i really want to have a lava shark and make the other one into might bite in fact I think it would be cool if on your site you had a two pack version that came with two bodies and just two heads and was slightly cheaper than actually buying 2 separately. Might encourage people to buy more. :-)

Hey all, this is very exciting! My son is stoked to see his character getting stactionized. As far as scale goes, I asked him what he thought and he said he should be around the same size as Snake Face. He thinks he works best as a mid sized character, ripped and lean. Anyway, we can hardly wait to see how it all turns out.
    The names Two-Bug, but you can call me Web-Off... ehh... or Buzz-Stor... err... whatever.

I dont see this guy being a huge character like Clawful or Beat-Man. Perhaps medium size is the best for him... I see him as a sleek, skillful warrior not a hulking beast.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I would love to see him as big as clawful so I can customize a Might-Bite out of him

As far as the actual character goes Snake-Face size sounds okay as long as he is lean with narrow hips and broad shoulders, like a swimmer, I guess

Didn't Royalt1us say he was coming with BOTH heads?

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    I would love to see him as big as clawful so I can customize a Might-Bite out of him

As far as the actual character goes Snake-Face size sounds okay as long as he is lean with narrow hips and broad shoulders, like a swimmer, I guess

Didn't Royalt1us say he was coming with BOTH heads?
    He won't come with both heads, but I'm going to sculpt both heads so that people can pick one or the other.

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    I say about Beast Man's size as well. A little smaller than Oozor

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Crap, now I gotta buy Po-Lar, and 2 Lava Sharks with the different heads!!!! LOL!!!

Such a cool thing though, can't wait to see the sculpts.

Green stuff would work if I want to turn an arm into a harpoon attachment, right?
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Quote Originally Posted by Royalt1us View Post
    He won't come with both heads, but I'm going to sculpt both heads so that people can pick one or the other.
    My mistake. In that case, my vote would be Beast-Man size but leaner through the middle

Everybody keeps agreeing that Beastman is the size they want... That's cool.
    But for me, I wouldn't mind seeing him a little smaller, similar I guess to what Two Bug's kid said.

I'll take him any way I can get him, because he's just such a cool character!

So was it finally decided NOT to cast him in translucent orange?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Movie mayhem!
    oh it was? :-( i'd love it if he was cast in orange so we could create the lava effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    oh it was? :-( i'd love it if he was cast in orange so we could create the lava effect.
    I can't remember if the idea was nixed or not... I know RoyalT wasn't a fan of the idea at the time...
    And I'm not saying that to paint him the bad guy... There were technical reasons for the naysayin'.
    Such that having his body MOSTLY covered in paint, might not give the same effect you might hope for if he were cast in a transparent orange... You'd need lights in him for sure to really pull off the effect.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Everybody keeps agreeing that Beastman is the size they want... That's cool.
    To clarify. What I meant in my post was Beastman size at the largest. Actually a bit smaller would be nice. Not a lot smaller though.

Perhaps a poll is in order?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I can't remember if the idea was nixed or not... I know RoyalT wasn't a fan of the idea at the time...
    And I'm not saying that to paint him the bad guy... There were technical reasons for the naysayin'.
    Such that having his body MOSTLY covered in paint, might not give the same effect you might hope for if he were cast in a transparent orange... You'd need lights in him for sure to really pull off the effect.
    I'm willing to give it a try once the sculpt is finished and the molds made. But like Baena said, once it's painted, the parts you want to be glowing, won't glow much unless you have some pretty strong leds inside.

He needs to be huge. Like Clawfull. And he don't listen to Mermanand Merman is intimidated by his size.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone