Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisto & Jitsu: How big should their right hands be?

Heroic Warrior

Fisto & Jitsu: How big should their right hands be?

I was wondering if most people here want to see Fisto & Jitsu's right hands to be the closer in size to the 80s figures or the 200X line. In the classic mini-comics, their hands were similar in size to their action figures. However, the Filmation cartoons increased the size of their hands, so what we got from the 200X line was inspired pretty much from the Filmation toon. Now, I can honestly see Mattel/4 Horsemen packaging both figures with 2 hands, and if they weren't thinking about it, you can all thank me for planting the seeds...lol. But, if they were to only come with one hand, which do you prefer? I hope it's the oversized hands. I remember loving Fisto when I first got him back in the day, but when Filmation increased the size of his hand, the figure started looking dismal to me. That's why I was so happy that the 200X line gave him that same oversized Filmation hand (with hydraulics). Jitsu's hand was bigger in the Filmation toon, but not to the degree as Fisto. However, He is sort of the counterpart to Fisto (or was that Clawful?) so, his hand certainly deserves an upgrade. And who here didn't love his hand on his staction? Just awesome. So, what do you all want?

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    Oversized hands for me!!

Larger hands.

There are two things in this world that scare me and one is nuclear war.
    The other...carnies. Small hands and smell like cabbage.

Fisto and Jitsu should not be Carnies.

EDIT: Mossman...on the other hand (Small hands...and give him a hint of odor)

Closer in size to the 80s toys. The huge hand of 200x Fisto already was stretching it for me, and the 200x Jitsu's hand is insanely large even compared to the other big-sized 200x stuff.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Whichever incarnation you look at, the hands were always oversized compared to their left hands.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Whichever incarnation you look at, the hands were always oversized compared to their left hands.
    I know, that's why I asked how big should their right hands be... Lol.

I prefer the smaller hands of the 80s line.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I know, that's why I asked how big should their right hands be... Lol.
    Ah I get ya...
    I like the proportion of the classic toys... just look at that mighty karate chop on Jitsu's card back! He couldn't do that with the small continent his 200x version sports!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Given the fact that these figure are line-for-line reproductions of the '80s character designs, I think it's pretty safe to say their hands will be proportinate in size to the vintage figures.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Yep... About like this is what I'd like to see.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    They are getting smaller hands. It's what came out in the eighties.

The big weapons was something the 4H thought of and did for 200X, because the MOTU were supposed to be so powerful that they could use oversized, more intimidating weapons easily.

I think a better question is would you want the Fisto/Jitsu hands to be articulated or to have different versions of those hands?

I know they aren't doing that since the normal hands weren't articulated.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I want them to be similar in size to the 80's versions, which I'm assuming is what we'll get. I didn't hate the overly large 200x versions, but I prefer the original concepts.

I really want Jitsu's hand to be metallic gold like the original, too. And, I'd actually like it if Fisto's were metallic silver.

-Pixel Dan
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post

Perfect! To me, those hands look very large. That is how they should look. Any larger is just silly to me.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; August 11, 2008 at 05:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think a better question is would you want the Fisto/Jitsu hands to be articulated or to have different versions of those hands?
    That is a good question.

Personally I don't need swappable or articulated hands. But if they came with such... I wouldn't complain.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I think somewhere in between the original size and the 200X size would be cool, although I won't be upset if they're the size the original figs had.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Gotta admit, as pretty as staction Jitsu was (Ya can tell they worked on Mandarin Spawn ), the hand was ma-hu-sive. I don't think Jitsu would have walked very easily without dragging it.

The classic style for both guys I think.

Kinda hope Fisto has his head brace too.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Same here, this looks about right...maybe just slightly bigger? And I hope they are both shiny metallic too!!! That would be awesome! Pretty Sparkle!

Yeah, like the Classic....

so good!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    I'd prefer smaller hands like the 80's toys.

And!!! NO additional hands please! That's a terrible idea, sorry. I don't share everyone's current obsession with additional stuff like heads, weapons, BAF body parts and so on. I just want straight individual figures, based on their 80's versions. Maybe I'm a more easy to please collector than most others in this forum. I'll take what I get. I don't need to tell Mattel or the 4HM how they should do their work. I don't really care about the "correct" colors, head sizes, claw feet, mustaches and so on.

Hey, SURPRISE me!

But!! I definitely don't want each figure coming up with a bunch of "spare parts".

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LionO View Post
    ...And I hope they are both shiny metallic too!!! That would be awesome! Pretty Sparkle!
    Yes, Jitsu's bling is a must! I would like Fist-O's hand to be shiny too, but that might not happen, though it would be dopenessocity!

pwwweeease Mattel, do it for me!?

oh, and the size they had on the original is my choice. And I'm kinduh with Matt79 a little bit, but not as extreme. I don't mind something extra. But we surely don't need every figure coming with an extra weapon, an extra head, AND somebody else's body part! I think we should pick a camp and rest there, if everybody keeps suggesting tons of accessories, they'll all get over looked. Just one bonus, if any, is enough for me. I wouldn't want it to take away from the intention of the figure too much.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Gotta admit, as pretty as staction Jitsu was (Ya can tell they worked on Mandarin Spawn ), the hand was ma-hu-sive. I don't think Jitsu would have walked very easily without dragging it.

Well, in Jitsu's only Filmation appearance, he was dragging his hand on the floor...lol. You know, after seeing the pics of the old school figures, I think I dislike their hands even more. Looking at classic Fisto's hand reminds me of 200X Mega Punch He-Man, and though that was a cool variant, I don't mean that as a compliment. Like I stated, my love for the Fisto's really oversized hand comes from the Filmation toon' so the way I see it, the 200X line just followed fashion and have Fisto the same sized hand as he had in year old toon. I don't feel Jitsu needs to have his hand bigger, per say, because he already has the gimmick of it being "golden", but I would love for Fisto's hand to be Filmation/200X size. And I don't see anything wrong with extra parts coming with thd figures. This line is for the hardcore fans, so nothing wrong if Mattel/4-H allows us to "customise" are figures the way we want. When you think about, based on the Filmation influence that carried over to the 200X line, I think that at least for Fisto, the chances of him having 2 different sized right hands are as great as Man-At-Arms having 2 heads.

This is it EXACTLY!

*** Please be sure to remove images when quoting a post, thank you! ***

Did they make a Jitsu for the 200X line?, i dont see it here on the .org.
    My Collection:

Items available for sale or trade.

I have had Good Trades/Deals with: Siroko, Klocket, JVS3, oICEMANo, River, roboticplanet, rougewelder, joeybones, dutch, miscus555, tsilevon, charliecore, cderby79, manson1978, CrazyMotuFan, TombstonePiledrive, rcpax & dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker17 View Post
    Did they make a Jitsu for the 200X line?, i dont see it here on the .org.
    Negative sir.

Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post

If Jitsu's glove was made out of super light high tech material he could swing it no problem!
    Always remember the dark days of 2004 with no new MOTU in sight...

Only 4 more that need updating:

Saurod, Blast Attak
    Dragstor, Multi-Bot