View Poll Results: How do you want them sold?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Randomly ship them

9 8.33%
  • option to buy either figure A or B

80 74.07%
  • Buy them as a set

19 17.59%

Thread: Rumored Chase/variant once a month figure.

Rumored Chase/variant once a month figure.

With the big rumor going around that every figure will have a variant each month how do you want them to be sold through the site.
    Last edited by MOTUfan; July 25, 2008 at 07:06pm. Reason: Changed 'Store' to 'site'.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I chose option to buy either figure. If it's random like the con exclusives, some fans might be so upset as to not buy into the line at all, or only get their figures from Ebay which = less profit for Mattel. If they do the buy A version or buy B version...a lot of people will buy both...and the MOC/loose colectors will buy 2 of each (4 a month). Allowing us to choose would be more profitable, I think. Not to mention pleasing the fans who are pretty jaded because of the 200X fiasco.

I love how no one is going to vote for the first choice!!

A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I say the option to buy them seperately. I know Hasbro does this with some of their Star Wars figures.

Court Magician
    I don't see the point in a chase figure that is so easy to obtain. Then again I don't see the point in variants that are done on purpose.

Yea, I don't need to spend $40 a month on two figures....I'm just happy getting one.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

I would buy the 2 different figs which equals 2 sales, which is better for the line. I would not buy 5 figures trying to strike it lucky!

If I want a lucky dip, I'll go down to the local market.

When i buy a figure on Ebay and I then recieve a different figurethan I bought, I give them negative feedback. I don't say "wow, lucky me, what a surprise" It's not quite the same but you get the drift

I want the option to buy whichever version of the figure strikes my fancy the most.
    I do NOT want them taking up more than their alloted month though- for instance, if we're getting 2 versions of Man-At-Arms... one with moustache, one without, or Teela... Green Goddess version, blonde, redhead, brunette, etc... I don't want Blonde Teela for March 2009, Green Goddess Teela for April 2009, Brunette Teela for May 2009... you get my point.
    IF there's more than one version of a character being made, Mattel better make them available in the same month!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I star to understand what Mattel tries to do with re-paint and chase figures. In the first place they announce one figure per month, soon all shout by asking more figures per month. Now they announce chase and re-paint to cause that fans again buys a pile of figures of the same personage. At the end of the year all we will have around 24 to 36 figures just by 12 personages available. In my oponion Mattel must forget variants and chase figures this time and just release more and different personages. Anyway variants or chase do not appear or are tied to the animated series and either to comics. It gives me the impression that with this MOTUC we will end up paying more money for less personages like never before.

I vote option to buy. I hate Variants. Especially if it's one you don't want. Like with Grayskull. I want the figure, but I don;t want to buy one and then see that it's that Statue version. Then be disappointed. Scrap variants and chase all together! Didn't they learn nothing from the 200X line?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

option to buy either figure A or B - but no 2-figure limit!!!

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    I want the option to buy them, or not at all.

I don’t want them randomly supplemented into my order. If I order a figure, I want the figure I ordered. I don’t want something else, however desirable it may or may not be, randomly substituted. For the price we’re being asked to pay this is not an unreasonable stance to take.

Now, if they offer a variant separately, to buy along with the primary figure, I may very well go ahead and buy some of them.

These are going to be limited in production. They’re expensive and shipping costs are going up all the time. I don’t want to end up with savage He-Man when I wanted regular He-Man. I don’t want to be forced to order again (if even allowed) to roll the dice a second time. Or worse yet, being forced to buy from the secondary market because Mattel sold out.

Obviously these are extreme examples. But truthfully, after the wonderful and joyous experience collecting the 200x line was, I have no tolerance left for annoying toy lines.

Please Mattel, do not make this line annoying to collect.

Seriously, who thought randomly inserting a figure that looks totally different than the product you are ordering is a good idea? Mattel needs to think and realize some collectors like variants but hate having a random chance of finding them (in the stores or online for 20 bucks a try). Just make a very limited production run of them available for order. Problem solved. Bad, bad idea. I have a feeling this issue is going to be all fubar.

I just hope they don't actually think of letting chase/variants take up a monthly slot that should be going towards a new figure. The Mattel people seemed confused at the panel. For example, I don't want 2 out of the 12 figures in a year being Trap-Jaws. I would much rather have a Spikor, Scare Glow, or some other new figure taking up one of those spots. The chase/variants should just be offered seperately in the same month as the regular version.

Acceptable variants:

Battle Armour H & S
    Thunder Punch H
    Dragon Blaster S
    Hurricane Hordak
    Buzzsaw Hordak
    Terror Claws S
    Flying Fists H
    Laser Power H & S

Prince Adam
    Zoda"K"

Id rather no varients. Let's just get the real characters out. One figure a month this line will not get done for years. Make every figure available.

Get crazy at the Cons. Do the exclusives there not every month. It will get me mad after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    Id rather no varients. Let's just get the real characters out. One figure a month this line will not get done for years. Make every figure available.

Get crazy at the Cons. Do the exclusives there not every month. It will get me mad after a while.
    Agree 100% Get the original characters out first, leave the variants once steam is running out.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    Id rather no varients. Let's just get the real characters out...

...Get crazy at the Cons.
    Yes, cons are a great place to put alternate He-Man/Skeletor/Hordak figures out, not in the one per month releases, but even then, I'd rather see a new figure as a con exclusive too. I've never considered them variants though, just different releases of the same character.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If there are variants, it's a great idea to have people choose which versions they wish to buy.

If you like blonde Teela, there you are.
    If you like MAA with no moustache, there you go.
    A Filmation colored He-Man? Filmation Trap Jaw?
    Evil-Lyn with a cape?

Variety is beautiful. It just gets ugly if you've GOT to buy ALL of them...

For me just sell them as a set. Im going to buy pretty much anything this line puts out.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Option, without a doubt. If I want the regular, I should be able to buy the regular. If I want the variant, I should be able to get the variant. Should, on the off chance I want both, I should be able able to buy both.

Not try to get lucky or unlucky, or spend extra $$ trying to either trade or buy another from another customer.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    I understand creating hype & whatnot but I'd really like to have the option of which one I'm buying chosen by myself & not at random by mattels disclosure. If these were in retail my stance would be the oposite but since they're online only it seems like the varient is only skyrocketing in price.

That also seems to be a hassle already, aquiring the version that you want at a fair price/trade....I'd love to trade for one without having to sweeten any deals

Since mattel insists on random varients then maybe/hopefully I'll aquire an extra varient later on & I'll only remember the fair traders whilst those other folks will simply get ignored.
    Bad times don't last forever but bad guys do ~ Razor Ramone

Yea I want both but id like the choice to but each. not randomly packaged