View Poll Results: Mature MOTUC DVD or Webisodes?

Voters
267. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea! Eternians carry weapons for a reason...

171 64.04%
  • Nay! MOTU must remian a bloodless fantasy!

77 28.84%
  • Other!

19 7.12%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Resolute?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Resolute?

G.I. Joe is doing it...

So, is anyone up for a PG-13 direct to DVD or webisodes of MOTUC?

Anyone wish to see Evil Warriors, Snake Men and Horde members mangling Eternian guards? Wanna see He-Man finally use his axe or put an enemy to the sword? Are you up for characters actually being wounded--by stab wounds or tooth and claw? Howzabout characters having more lethal powers or using them in more lethal ways? We grew up, should MOTU?

Does MOTU need sex, blood and gore? (It worked for Conan...) Or should MOTU stay a bloodless fantasy?

Here's an example of He-Man using that axe...and it isn't to deflect lasers!

Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 22, 2010 at 02:11pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

The Mike Young show proves that you can have great impactful violence without having the need for blood. MOTU even in the darker mini comics never needed to.

Having said that, I would love to see a more realistic MOTU that would equal Conan's violence but I dare say I would be in the minority.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I'd prefer MOTU to stay family friendly. The grittier approach works for GI Joe since it's set in our world and involves the military and terrorism. Even the old Marvel Gi Joe comics had characters dying on both sides, but that's something that's never really happened much on Eternia.

I like the escapism that MOTU offers, it can still be action-packed but it don't want it to be graphically violent. I don't have a problem with injuries or generic characters off-screen deaths (like Zeelar getting eaten by King Hiss).

I would love to see direct-to-dvd movies or 'webisodes' happen though, since any new MOTU entertainment is a good thing!
    Last edited by RocketPunch; June 26, 2009 at 11:40am.

Keep it 80's friendly, thats part of its charm We don't want 300 the MOTU story

Anyone remember the Sunbird Legacy where He-Man decapitated a Sand Snake and we saw blood?

Or the MVC comics where the Evil Warriors and Snake Men were slaying guards left and right? Tri-Klops even stabbed He-Man through the leg.

You have characters carrying swords and axes, expect someone to get hurt.

LOL, you can envision Duncan wiping brain matter from his mace, can't you?

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I chose other, because I don't think it should be gone after whole hog. There are characters who would still remain 'bloodless' even with violence going on around them. The sex thing should also be approached with caution-- nothing too explicit (like I'd love to see recognition of the relationship between Man-E and Mek we kinda get a feel for in the minicomic "Skeletor's Dragon", but not if it's going to hurt the show). Overall though, moderation is the key word.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Yeah, I think it'd be kinda cool, a more violent Eternia story.

But in return I also want an over the top, wacky story following the misadventures of Mekaneck and Snout Spout
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    The Mike Young show proves that you can have great impactful violence without having the need for blood. MOTU even in the darker mini comics never needed to.

Having said that, I would love to see a more realistic MOTU that would equal Conan's violence but I dare say I would be in the minority.
    I actually agree with you 100% I couldn't have said it any better myself.

I would love to see one "comic-book" history written by Mark Millar (the authority, the ultimates) or even better by Garth Ennis (the preacher, the punisher, thor-vikings) and of course drawing by the pencil of Brian Hitch or even better by Steve Dillon.

Only one short comic-book history in a single number, with lots of black humor and blood in the vein of "Thor-vikings".

What do you think?
    My collection: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/leo_skeletor/

EL HEAVY NO ES VIOLENCIA

Other: Some blood is ok. Even implied death or death for a good reason, like Sorceress passing the mantle to Teela. No mindless or excessive violence. Besides, if a fan favorite gets killed that would just suck and killing dozens of royal guards or generic snakeman every episode would lose any impact very quickly.

Another idea is for 2 or even 3 different canons to be produced, aimed at different age/sensitivity groups.

a little blood could be a good thing
    My Collection:

Items available for sale or trade.

I have had Good Trades/Deals with: Siroko, Klocket, JVS3, oICEMANo, River, roboticplanet, rougewelder, joeybones, dutch, miscus555, tsilevon, charliecore, cderby79, manson1978, CrazyMotuFan, TombstonePiledrive, rcpax & dark knight.

The violence level of the Texeira comics is enough for me. Kill those royal guards!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    KING GS box says ages 14 and up so I say make a badass cartoon that is pg-13.
    N8

Heroic Warrior
    Actually I think that MYP got the balance right. people got hurt, they "could" have died, but didn't. We saw Skeletor take Acid to the face. Heck, King Hiss was EATING PEOPLE! Man I'm in my 30's and that messed me UP. I did NOT expect that when I picked up Vol 3 a few weeks ago!

We don't need massive blood or high body counts. Just give us the feel that if the bad guys win they will kill the good guys. IF they ever win. The Good guys don't kill period.

Its kind of funny, back in the 80's I always wanted He-man to use his sword more as a.... Sword! In the first volume of the classic series they had interviews that explained that was not an accident. He-man wasn't that kind of violent. Then in the MYP he DID use it more as a weapon and I loved it in the beginning. Then, I'm not sure why, I started to feel like He-man had "lost" something by doing this.

Sex is completly unnecessary in shows like this.

A more mainstream feel yes but not violence.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    We don't need any blood in He-Man. He-Man is perfect the way it is.

Very, very interesting topic.

I don't know... I guess I pretty much like it as is. I like swordfights and such, but I don't really want to see any characters die.

It might be kind of cool to see short term demons or monsters bite the dust, though. But yeah... for the most part, I think it's cool the way it is.

As far as sex, I think that is best reserved for fan fics. I mean, EVIL LYN and TEELA are hot, and many of the guys are musclebound studs, but I think introducing sex would really cheapen the whole thing.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 5, 2008 at 10:35pm.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    "The Dark Knight" movie didn't need to show a drop of blood at all to make an impact. It was one of the most intense movies I have ever seen. No reason He-Man should be any different. I don't want to see blood in any of the cartoons.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; October 5, 2008 at 11:39pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    "The Dark Knight" movie didn't need to show a drop of blood at all to make an impact. It was one of the most intense movies I have ever seen. No reason He-Man should be any different. I don't want to see blood in any of the cartoons.
    It didn't have any blood, but people did get killed. Are we ready for a MOTU continuity where we actually see people using weapons? I mean all those swords and axes aren't just for show.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It didn't have any blood, but people did get killed. Are we ready for a MOTU continuity where we actually see people using weapons? I mean all those swords and axes aren't just for show.
    People got killed in TDK, but it was mostly just implied. There where alot of quick cuts and fast editing in the film so that you never really saw people get shot much. When the Joker stabs people, or cuts them, you never see the blade actually penetrate their skin.

Same thing happened in the MYP cartoon. When Hsss goes to kill someone, they cut before he actually kills and eats him. When Greyskull dies on screen, we see no blood.

I dont want to see He-Man cutting villians in half with his sword. That just isn't what the character is about, in my opinion. The power sword is more of a tool than it is a weapon for him.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I voted for "Eternians carry weapons for a reason".. They are not fassion accesories and do serve a purpose..

I love MotU to be more mature, that's why I loved the TrapJaw Icons of Evil comic.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

No blood and gore or sex with my MOTU, thanks...
    I think MYP got the balance right and don't want to see the violence pushed much further than that.

I sort of always imagined the Masters world as pretty violent to begin with, even as a kid. You don't carry around a battle ax if your not doing some killing and its crazy to think otherwise. I know He-Man and the Masters weren't that hardcore in any of the toons or comics, but to me that was just sugar-coated violence. Much like how the GI Joes always had machine guns that somehow shot lasers that always missed, and every time a vehicle exploded you saw the driver escape safe and sound. The ninjas never cut anyone with their swords, and cobra commander never executed a Joe prisoner (for the record, the joe comics did do all those things and is pretty well regarded by that particular fan-base for it).

I don't need to see Orko bathed in blood, or Teela with her breasts exposed (this isn't quite to Conan's level of gratuity). But To see He-Man get serious and genuinely go for blood against Skeletor (or vice versa) would be a lot more honest, and a lot less goofy way of portraying the characters.
    Last edited by chaosMonkeyPoo; October 6, 2008 at 11:56pm.

I see too much of that crap at work everyday. Keep MOTU family friendly, its worked so far. There is enough stuff out there with violence/gore already.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    I see too much of that crap at work everyday. Keep MOTU family friendly, its worked so far. There is enough stuff out there with violence/gore already.
    Where do you work at?