View Poll Results: Mature MOTUC DVD or Webisodes?

Voters
267. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea! Eternians carry weapons for a reason...

171 64.04%
  • Nay! MOTU must remian a bloodless fantasy!

77 28.84%
  • Other!

19 7.12%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Resolute?

Hybrid View

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Resolute?

G.I. Joe is doing it...

So, is anyone up for a PG-13 direct to DVD or webisodes of MOTUC?

Anyone wish to see Evil Warriors, Snake Men and Horde members mangling Eternian guards? Wanna see He-Man finally use his axe or put an enemy to the sword? Are you up for characters actually being wounded--by stab wounds or tooth and claw? Howzabout characters having more lethal powers or using them in more lethal ways? We grew up, should MOTU?

Does MOTU need sex, blood and gore? (It worked for Conan...) Or should MOTU stay a bloodless fantasy?

Here's an example of He-Man using that axe...and it isn't to deflect lasers!

Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 22, 2010 at 03:11pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

The Mike Young show proves that you can have great impactful violence without having the need for blood. MOTU even in the darker mini comics never needed to.

Having said that, I would love to see a more realistic MOTU that would equal Conan's violence but I dare say I would be in the minority.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I'd prefer MOTU to stay family friendly. The grittier approach works for GI Joe since it's set in our world and involves the military and terrorism. Even the old Marvel Gi Joe comics had characters dying on both sides, but that's something that's never really happened much on Eternia.

I like the escapism that MOTU offers, it can still be action-packed but it don't want it to be graphically violent. I don't have a problem with injuries or generic characters off-screen deaths (like Zeelar getting eaten by King Hiss).

I would love to see direct-to-dvd movies or 'webisodes' happen though, since any new MOTU entertainment is a good thing!
    Last edited by RocketPunch; June 26, 2009 at 12:40pm.

Keep it 80's friendly, thats part of its charm We don't want 300 the MOTU story

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Anyone remember the Sunbird Legacy where He-Man decapitated a Sand Snake and we saw blood?

Or the MVC comics where the Evil Warriors and Snake Men were slaying guards left and right? Tri-Klops even stabbed He-Man through the leg.

You have characters carrying swords and axes, expect someone to get hurt.

LOL, you can envision Duncan wiping brain matter from his mace, can't you?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I chose other, because I don't think it should be gone after whole hog. There are characters who would still remain 'bloodless' even with violence going on around them. The sex thing should also be approached with caution-- nothing too explicit (like I'd love to see recognition of the relationship between Man-E and Mek we kinda get a feel for in the minicomic "Skeletor's Dragon", but not if it's going to hurt the show). Overall though, moderation is the key word.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    The Mike Young show proves that you can have great impactful violence without having the need for blood. MOTU even in the darker mini comics never needed to.

Having said that, I would love to see a more realistic MOTU that would equal Conan's violence but I dare say I would be in the minority.
    I actually agree with you 100% I couldn't have said it any better myself.

I feel that if MYP was aimed at a slightly older audience, it would have been more successful. I have always supported MOTU in a completely new incarnation that appeals to 13+. GI Resolute was fantastic animation.

Personally I think alot of us are done with happy comets, dancing sing-a-longs, crying dragons, and fish bowls being pulled from hats.

Its time to let MOTU mature. It doesn't have to look like the animated sequences in Kill Bill, but there is nothing wrong with giving us something different and perhaps a little more serious. Have you seen what crabs to do their prey? Clawful has that giant claw for a reason.

Yeah, I think it'd be kinda cool, a more violent Eternia story.

But in return I also want an over the top, wacky story following the misadventures of Mekaneck and Snout Spout
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

I would love to see one "comic-book" history written by Mark Millar (the authority, the ultimates) or even better by Garth Ennis (the preacher, the punisher, thor-vikings) and of course drawing by the pencil of Brian Hitch or even better by Steve Dillon.

Only one short comic-book history in a single number, with lots of black humor and blood in the vein of "Thor-vikings".

What do you think?
    My collection: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/leo_skeletor/

EL HEAVY NO ES VIOLENCIA

Other: Some blood is ok. Even implied death or death for a good reason, like Sorceress passing the mantle to Teela. No mindless or excessive violence. Besides, if a fan favorite gets killed that would just suck and killing dozens of royal guards or generic snakeman every episode would lose any impact very quickly.

Another idea is for 2 or even 3 different canons to be produced, aimed at different age/sensitivity groups.

a little blood could be a good thing
    My Collection:

Items available for sale or trade.

I have had Good Trades/Deals with: Siroko, Klocket, JVS3, oICEMANo, River, roboticplanet, rougewelder, joeybones, dutch, miscus555, tsilevon, charliecore, cderby79, manson1978, CrazyMotuFan, TombstonePiledrive, rcpax & dark knight.

The violence level of the Texeira comics is enough for me. Kill those royal guards!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    KING GS box says ages 14 and up so I say make a badass cartoon that is pg-13.
    N8

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I'd say about the level of violence you see in the MYP show or JLU.
    I would love it if Mattel made some new Web content like Hasbro is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    The violence level of the Texeira comics is enough for me. Kill those royal guards!!
    Agreed. Violence and gore are two different things. I like Conan but MOTU isn't Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    I'd like to see a He-Man cartoon done with savage barbarian action. BUT, I wouldn't want to see the main characters dying off. Are you familiar with Marvel's Punisher? He doesn't have a rogues gallery on account of his way of dealing with the bad guys. I'd like to see slashes, blood, stitches, & stab wounds on main characters & the "red shirts" can get dismembered, crushed, shot, & all other manner of taking out ones enemy.

Wouldn't that be sweet to see Skeletor take out Kronis in animation? That was a violent battle.
    with villains that level of abuse is acceptable. If the heroes have to use the weapons they wield, let them cut loose on Horde Troopers and Skeleton warriors.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

look at samurai films and westerns... back then you carry a weapon for survial and protection...

you practice to become better and you have different feuding nations...
    yeah you are gonna have some injuries and deaths if you have fights...but alot of times there are duels and jousts also where skill is important...wars were not the guerilla affairs we know them today...

i think it be interesting to see a castle seige of grayskull....not just these minor fights but the major characters as generals not just lowly minions
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    I love the stories of Robert E. Howard.

I love the earlier mini-comics from MOTU, back when it reminded me of a more primitive, barbarian world of adventure, peril, and danger. He-Man then, at least to me, had a certain 'Conan' vibe to him. I'd love MOTU to be taken in a Howard-esque direction. And just because some of Skeletor's minions would die, wouldn't make necessarily make me sad or value their figures any less. I'd even let Skeletor bite the dust in an ultimate, final story. Kinda like a Xaltotun, or Numedides.

Sex, though, is sort of unneeded but could be used sparingly and with taste.

The new comics were already a bit more violent. I would like a bit more realism
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; January 1, 2009 at 05:51am. Reason: Anger controll

"Yea! Eternians carry weapons for a reason..." - no moment of doubt.

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    if its done in good taste . i dont want to see gallons and gallons of blood
    Last edited by AnnnaMot; June 22, 2009 at 07:58pm.

Yes! I love this poll! Yeah, there should totally be more "content" in the saga. But, it's never fun to have your own favorite secondary character get murdered or slayed in battle. It's a slippery slope.

Perhaps a new storyline where only MY least favorite characters get killed? THAT would be the way to go (I'm lookin' at you, Elephant Head!)...!

Seriously, good idea. A MOTU Resolute style mini-series would definitely be on par with this toyline. I actually imagine it as more of an Origins story, since we've got King Grayskull, He-Ro, and Hordak in a very cool storyline, and since both heroes die, THAT would be cool to see...

***BROTOOKMYFIGS: Good ideas, I agree w/ everything you said.

I don't mind seeing a little more blood on screen. Heck even the original He-man cartoon showed more violence then 200x. I'm all for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaViper View Post
    I don't mind seeing a little more blood on screen. Heck even the original He-man cartoon showed more violence then 200x. I'm all for it!!
    How did you come that conclusion?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    G.I. Joe is doing it...

So, is anyone up for a PG-13 direct to DVD or webisodes of MOTUC?

Anyone wish to see Evil Warriors, Snake Men and Horde members mangling Eternian guards? Wanna see He-Man finally use his axe or put an enemy to the sword? Are you up for characters actually being wounded--by stab wounds or tooth and claw? Howzabout characters having more lethal powers or using them in more lethal ways? We grew up, should MOTU?

Does MOTU need sex, blood and gore? (It worked for Conan...) Or should MOTU stay a bloodless fantasy?
    I'd be up for a more mature / PG-13 MotU, but I can't say I think it needs it.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    The idea is VERY intriguing to be sure. I would buy any incarnation that came about but I do agree with many posts that blood and guts really is not needed for MOTU. I loved the action and mild violence of the 200X MOTU!! This is coming from a guy who owns literally hundreds of "R" rated movies. There is a place for this stuff, but not in MOTU