View Poll Results: Mature MOTUC DVD or Webisodes?

Voters
267. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea! Eternians carry weapons for a reason...

171 64.04%
  • Nay! MOTU must remian a bloodless fantasy!

77 28.84%
  • Other!

19 7.12%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MOTUC Resolute?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow...almost half of you wanna see BLOOD!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i wounldnt want it to be sensless violence or to explicite. I like it handled like the MVC comics. some soldiers, snakemen ect get killed or injured. or even rarely main characters get badly hurt or killed. and some hint or flirtation.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i wounldnt want it to be sensless violence or to explicite. I like it handled like the MVC comics. some soldiers, snakemen ect get killed or injured. or even rarely main characters get badly hurt or killed. and some hint or flirtation.
    Yes...that's pretty much what everyone wants...

Basically like 200X/MYP/MVC with a little more blood and injuries, even some death, but no senseless gore. As far as sex goes, some flirtation and maybe a love scene here and there, but no gratuitous love scenes or nudity.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't want 'SAW' style gratuitous blood or violence or sex, but there's obviously an overwhelming desire (based on the poll) for a more adult-oriented, realistically portrayed MOTU universe or media representation. For sure it's not going to appeal to everyone and obviously wouldn't be created for children or mass release, but there'd definitely be a market for it among those of us who had MOTU as kids & are now in our 30s.

I thought G.I. Joe: Resolute was great & would love something like that for MOTU. When you remove the basic human emotions and desires (anger, fear, hate, sex, etc.) from a story, you remove the primary vehicle for real drama and stories that have real consequences and emotional impacts.

Some of us would love a real MOTU story where the characters, both good and bad, faced real consequences, real dilemmas, real dangers, and real interpersonal relationships. Where the villains were not just bumbling idiots. Where the heroes were really fighting for something. Where there was humor without comic relief characters. And where a sword of power was not just for deflecting lasers.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm kinda with both "Yes" and "Other".

(Being into the pre-Filmation era), I like characters to carry swords, axes, and other "ye olde" weapons.
    Don't feel too many lasers have a place in that version of the MOTU world. At most, traditional gun-powder guns, but very limited lasers.
    Heck, in my Universe, even Trap Jaw's gun arm is more "traditionally" powered.
    I don't mind the rifle on top of Castle Grayskull being a laser - because Grayskull houses both great secrets & power, but also powerful and forbidden weapons (see recent thread).

For sake of argument, I went with "yes" on the poll.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I'd be all for a Resolute-esque MOTU. Bring it on!

all i wanna know is when we get a glorm figure

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Bring it on, I say!

Why not have an ultra violent, mature themed MOTU direct to DVD flick with a bit of animated sex thrown in? My only concern is that it would need to be marketed to the right audience. I think it would also be very wise to drop He-Man from the title altogether.

Perhaps even drop the MOTU logo brand and call it something like Dark Days On Eternia or/ Masters of Eternia or/ Wrath of the Snake-Man...I dunno something like that....

I would love a semi serious MOTU, not too serious where Orko and Cringer are not allowed but are accepted as minor comic relief. But I want dead serious villains, they kill and do every evil thing in the book. Skeletor killed Saurod, Hsss ate Zodak's brother, Darth Vader killed his officers, Joker kills on an hourly basis for fun, and it does not make these shows unwatchable for kids. It just makes the villain more hated and the hero more respected, as it should be, if people are cheering for the villain and booing the hero, then something is wrong. Adults might like a good villain, but kids should not.

Like Batman and Superman, He-man is that standard, that beacon that stands for something, and will never take a life, even if Duncan and the others will. He-man has to have a good reason for that morale code, one that the audience can accept and not ask why he can't kill, but know why he should never kill, and have it tested, like The Dark Knight. The whole "it makes me no better than my enemy" is outdated, I'm sure there are good writers that can come up with something meaningful.

I want warriors to bleed in battle, it is war, but not excessive like Ninja Scroll. C-list characters could die (don't want to make anyone mad by naming some.) Like the characters that people don't really care about, like the Jar Jar Binks of MOTU, (which is not Orko). I would say the Manchines or Widgets. Make Palace Guards red shirts etc.

But most of all I want MOTU to be epic, like LOTR and 300. I mean, I never cared for Spikor, never had him as a kid, and still don't know much about him, but after I saw this picture the other day, I would love to see this fight in animated or live action.
    He-man vs Spikor.jpg
    It screams epic, and makes Spikor look like the dangerous evil villain that he and all of Skeletor's warriors should be.

I'd like to see it. I think if it were dark enough, traditional old fantasy, and done much like Resolute (totally one shot non cannon) but even darker and more brutal it would be great. Or think like the original clone wars episodes that aired during commercials way back when, the animated ones not the computer animated ones.

Alot of short subjects but with intense action and tightly packed. Great way to reintroduce the characters and show off them at their best.

Gygor ripped Vykron in half! Seems like MOTUC is halfway to Resolute already!

Despite the fact that MotU is the genre it is, i still think that it doesn't need it. The story-line is more pivotal to me than blood/gore.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I would love to see a more grim take on the MOTU story, but MOTUC is not the vehicle for it. In my opinion, MOTUC is too stylized and colourful to include gruesome battles and gritty bloodshed.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I don΄t like the idea of Vykron being cut in a half, I think they can put more violence without the need of blood. MYP achieves that as was mentioned before ant it was fine. Violence should be suggested sometimes and it will work very good. I was impressed also by the beguining of Trap Jaw in the comics Masters of Evil. That was kind of violent IMO.
    In conclusion: some violence is good, characters dying is OK, blood and mass carnage I do not think so!

I feel that if MYP was aimed at a slightly older audience, it would have been more successful. I have always supported MOTU in a completely new incarnation that appeals to 13+. GI Resolute was fantastic animation.

Personally I think alot of us are done with happy comets, dancing sing-a-longs, crying dragons, and fish bowls being pulled from hats.

Its time to let MOTU mature. It doesn't have to look like the animated sequences in Kill Bill, but there is nothing wrong with giving us something different and perhaps a little more serious. Have you seen what crabs to do their prey? Clawful has that giant claw for a reason.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I think it would be down to how it was implimented. Yes I'd like to see it to make the MOTU world more varied and menacing (a la the second wave mini-comics, as pictured example), but that doesn't mean it should be over the top. Use it in a story when required, not just for the sake of it.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Wow. Can't believe it has been that long since G.I. Joe: Resolute came out. I loved Resolute. To me, Resolute more closely mirrored what G.I. Joe has become in my imagination. Sure, I like watching the old PSA's and laughing at how characters always jump out of exploding parachutes for the nostalgia factor, but there was something exciting about seeing a G.I. Joe cartoon where it felt like there was something at stake. While Resolute didn't kill a lot of characters, just knowing that it was possible added some thrills and menace to the situation. I'm a pretty hardcore G.I. Joe fan, but I was surprised by how much friends of mine liked Resolute who probably hadnt ever paid attention to G.I. Joe in years. (I think most of them liked it better than the movie.)

I think that's what I would want in some new MOTU media: something closer in tone to Resolute or the DC Animated Universe. I don't want a grueling world devoid of lovable characters where every character is permanently maimed or killed, but adding a little menace into the equation would definitely be desired. I believe that Hasbro has done a good job of keeping G.I. Joe on the level of fans while still offering media for the kids. The G.I. Joe comics have always attempted to elevate the source material, taking the characters and scenarios seriously and offering something for everyone.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I'd like to see some more blood & consequence. I think MYP had it right, so a little bit "upped" from that would be good... I wouldn't want gore, but death & some bloodshed would be just fine. As for sex, I don't feel that is necessary, but I would not object to a shot of Teela's back side while bathing in a waterfall or the like (akin to Sheena/Beast Master or any of that long lost Tanya Roberts 80's PG flare.)
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

More violence than Filmation, but still family friendly.