Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question...Besides He-Man and Skeletor, who's sure to sell the most?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Question...Besides He-Man and Skeletor, who's sure to sell the most?

Alright, we know MOTUC is going to reach it's highest numbers with the non-variant He-Man and Skeletor. But who would be the third highest seller?

I'd say Hordak. Teela would be my second guess.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I think Beast Man.

I agree, probably Beast Man since he's going to be out so early in the line.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the first never before produced figure could possibly sell better then even the big two.

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    I think the first never before produced figure could possibly sell better then even the big two.
    I agree, I think He-Ro will be the "first" never before produced figure sold in the line. Also I think Hordak, Teela, and Evil Lynn will be the other big sellers.
    Last edited by motu77; September 4, 2008 at 04:44pm.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I agree with Hordak and Beast Man being good sellers...as well as He-Ro. But what about She-Ra? I think she'll sell like gang busters!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Hordak will definitely be another hot seller. He is extremely popular.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I think She-Ra and some of the other PoP characters could sell a lot, so long as they don't toss them at the very end of the line when general interest is waning. That's that thing too. -- Would a character like Beast Man do nearly as good if he was sold much later?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    She-Ra, Hordak, Evil-Lyn, Teela, Sorceress and King Hiss.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I agree with Hordak and Beast Man being good sellers...as well as He-Ro. But what about She-Ra? I think she'll sell like gang busters!
    I thought about She-Ra too. But then even She-Ra and the POP line have detractors to this day that could hold her back from achieving near perfect numbers. (Until they see the sculpts) To hit He-Man and Skeletor numbers, that character would have to be pretty much universally liked and thought as a "must have" character.

Hordak, I thought was pretty big. He-Ro has that "Finally!" factor. It's like finally getting Unicron for Transformers. Beast Man has a good chance, fighting with that Mer-Man sculpt. And Teela? First lady of MOTU will turn heads if done right, especially if she has variants.

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    I think its gonna be any unproduced characters.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Horde Tropper and
    Skeletor

Heroic Warrior
    My vote is for Hordak.

that's not to say my MONEY is.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    Horde Tropper and
    Skeletor
    LOL! I hope Mattel has a plan for army builders with Horde Trooper. That's one instance where the three per household should be lifted--non-unique characters like guards or troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    i disagree, simply because outside of the die-hard fans (namely us) most people would think "who's that?"

sure, some of those people may buy the never before produced figure but without the same nostalgia factor backing the figure up, they wouldn't feel as attached to the character. but who knows, maybe mattel will really market this thing. blast ads and articles all over toy magazines and websites, feature it all over mattycollector, etc. i'd really love to be proven wrong, it would just show me how strong the line is.

anyway, my picks are
    beast man
    man-at-arms
    hordak (if he comes out quickly. i think how early a figure is released is a major factor in this one)

Teela, without a doubt.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    She-Ra may have detractors among He-Man collectors, but she's got an entirely other cult following of little girls who weren't into He-Man at all. It's entirely possible that (even tho she's an action figure), she could tap into a girl geek market that He-Man and Skeletor won't even touch.

Otherwise, I agree with the concensus. He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Man-at-Arms, any cool-looking villians and any previously unreleased figures will sell like hotcakes.

It's really the boners that'll languish. The human Masters, the later day characters, any She-Ra minor characters or NA heroes... the biggest names and the coolest designs. Everything else will be a hard sell, IMO.

I'd say Trap Jaw and Triklops

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Hordak
    Sorceress
    She-Ra
    Teela
    Trapjaw
    Evil-Lyn
    Keldor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    She-Ra, Hordak, Evil-Lyn, Teela, Sorceress and King Hiss.
    I agree. The female characters have been very popular in the 200X line. The only way most could get a 200X Evil-Lyn was by ebay scalpers. Same goes for Teela. Never got a posable Sorceress, so she'd be popular too, along with She-Ra to round out the popular characters. If Mattel really does intend to do more She-Ra characters, then Frosta would also be on the list of big sellers.

Hordak has really been fantastic in the 200X cartoon, as has King Hiss. I think they will all be huge sellers. Trap Jaw, Tri Klops and a few others will also be close behind as being big sellers. It's really hard to tell which will be a definitive #3.

He-Ro... And Beastman and Merman I think. Hordak and Hiss will be pretty hot too.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    I agree. The female characters have been very popular in the 200X line. The only way most could get a 200X Evil-Lyn was by ebay scalpers. Same goes for Teela. Never got a posable Sorceress, so she'd be popular too, along with She-Ra to round out the popular characters. If Mattel really does intend to do more She-Ra characters, then Frosta would also be on the list of big sellers.

Hordak has really been fantastic in the 200X cartoon, as has King Hiss. I think they will all be huge sellers. Trap Jaw, Tri Klops and a few others will also be close behind as being big sellers. It's really hard to tell which will be a definitive #3.
    I agree with everything you said. I had to get Teela, Evil-Lyn and Sorceress from Ebay as well. I'm surprised you, Neo and I are the only ones who have mentioned King Hiss though. He's one of the three main evils of Eternia and will probably have a whole other snake torso!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 4, 2008 at 11:05pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I agree with everything you said. I had to get Teela, Evil-Lyn and Sorceress from Ebay as well. I'm surprised we're the only two who have mentioned King Hiss though. He's one of the three main evils of Eternia and will probably have a whole other snake torso!
    Dude... I mentioned him too man.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Dude... I mentioned him too man.
    Sorry about that. My internet was crazy slow when I posted that, so I don't think your post showed up before I made my reply. I'll edit my post.

I agree with everything you said. I had to get Teela, Evil-Lyn and Sorceress from Ebay as well. I'm surprised you, Neo and I are the only ones who have mentioned King Hiss though. He's one of the three main evils of Eternia and will probably have a whole other snake torso!
    I think King Hiss never really took off until recently, due to him never making it to Filmation. His figures usually being bad and the popularity of the Snake Men in general wasn't too big compared to the other 3 sides.