August 18, 2008, 03:18pm
WTFWTK 2.5 - Ask your questions here!
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for questions only; not discussion.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
Please avoid questions about:
- Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).
Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
Filmation characters are off limits!
Who will be produced will remain to be seen.
We will pick the 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
It's nothing personal.
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
The 10 questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. Will we see advertisements for mattycollector.com & MOTUC in magazines, on TV, etc? Or does this line depend heavily on word-of-mouth?
2. Will there be a regular King Grayskull on a blister card (or whatever the regular packaging is) that can be shipped internationally?
3. It has never been stated if Mattel can produce movie characters that were never toys such as Karg, Lubic, Skeletor's grards, etc. Does Mattel have rights to those figures or do they belong to the studio that made the movie?
4. A full-sized power sword was on display of one of the walls inside the Mattel SDCC booth. Do you have any plans to produce a full-sized metal sword like that for sale?
5. Many people received King Grayskull figures that appeared to have been opened then retaped shut. What was the reason for this?
6. Will there be an option for international collectors to get next year's NYCC and SDCC exclusive figures?
7. Many fans received King Grayskull figures that were damaged, or that became damaged when they tried to pose the figures. Mattel has no replacements for these figures. Will Mattel eventually offer replacements for King Grayskull, and will Mattel produce enough of upcoming MOTUC figures to insure replacements if this happens again?
8. King Grayskull's cape, hair, and loincloth are sculpted in a hard plastic which eliminates a lot of the figure's mobility. Will Mattel start using softer plastic for similar accessories to correct this?
9. Is the MOTUC Skeletor shown in ToyFare the final sculpt & paint application? Many fans would love to see a longer Roman belt & apron as well as some tweaks to his head sculpt & paint.
10. What ratio of POP and NA figures to MOTU figures can fans expect in the MOTUC line each year?
So ask those questions!