Thread: WTFWTK 2.5 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.5 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for questions only; not discussion.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

Please avoid questions about:
    • Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).

Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
    The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick the 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    It's nothing personal.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

The 10 questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Will we see advertisements for mattycollector.com & MOTUC in magazines, on TV, etc? Or does this line depend heavily on word-of-mouth?

2. Will there be a regular King Grayskull on a blister card (or whatever the regular packaging is) that can be shipped internationally?

3. It has never been stated if Mattel can produce movie characters that were never toys such as Karg, Lubic, Skeletor's grards, etc. Does Mattel have rights to those figures or do they belong to the studio that made the movie?

4. A full-sized power sword was on display of one of the walls inside the Mattel SDCC booth. Do you have any plans to produce a full-sized metal sword like that for sale?

5. Many people received King Grayskull figures that appeared to have been opened then retaped shut. What was the reason for this?

6. Will there be an option for international collectors to get next year's NYCC and SDCC exclusive figures?

7. Many fans received King Grayskull figures that were damaged, or that became damaged when they tried to pose the figures. Mattel has no replacements for these figures. Will Mattel eventually offer replacements for King Grayskull, and will Mattel produce enough of upcoming MOTUC figures to insure replacements if this happens again?

8. King Grayskull's cape, hair, and loincloth are sculpted in a hard plastic which eliminates a lot of the figure's mobility. Will Mattel start using softer plastic for similar accessories to correct this?

9. Is the MOTUC Skeletor shown in ToyFare the final sculpt & paint application? Many fans would love to see a longer Roman belt & apron as well as some tweaks to his head sculpt & paint.

10. What ratio of POP and NA figures to MOTU figures can fans expect in the MOTUC line each year?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Now that all 3 sets have been released, has Mattel been able to tally up the total sales of the MYP dvd sets to see if perhaps the production of a direct-to-dvd animated movie is possible? Especially intriguing to me is the idea of an animated story showing the characters in their classic form, perhaps a stand-alone self-contained adventure?

It was stated that only NA and POP characters that were toys are available for MOTUC.
    So are unreleased figures that were in production fair game?
    For NA, Mara & Darius made it to the prototype stage but was never released.
    Same for the Sisters figures (Starla, Tallstar and Jewelstar) from the Princess of Power line.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Can He-man.org get an exclusive figure?

We are trully the real fans, not taking anything away from those that dont participate on the boards. But us a community would maybe like some type of nod from Mattel. Like a thank you. Im not saying that MOTUC isn't good enough but just throwing it out there.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    What will you consider a success for each character. If it sells out in a specific period of time, if a percentage sells out? What will you consider a success for the first year of the production run? If a percent of all figures sells out, if they sell out in a period of time? Something like that pehaps. I would just like to know so I can gauge the success of the line and each character as the line goes along.
    Last edited by motuxmen; August 18, 2008 at 05:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can we also hope for original reproductions exclusive collector series concentrating to the 80's lines: MASTERS & POP?

- more Commemoratives!
    - unproduced Toys (HE-RO, GYRATTACKER, STAR SISTERS, BUBBLE CARRIAGE)
    - or Prototype samples, in example: PRINCESS OF POWER Series II (1986) complete all 8 figures as LIMITED 8-PACK SET in origin prototype style
    - 80's artworks and comics reprints!

Movie mayhem!
    We know that the female characters will come with sculpted hair for sure... but we also know that many characters will come with alternate heads. Is there any chance the POP figures would come with an alternate rooted hair head in homage to the original line. I know fans would LOVE it.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Is there any chance of MOTUC utilizing resealable packaging similar to what was done in DCUC Lobo? A lot of people would really appreciate this (consider the results of this thread -- http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=162430)

Will figures like Moss Man and Grizzlor have flocking/hair or will these details just be sculpted on?

I know you've said that some sort of subscription service may happen in 2009, but what about pre-orders from the start? Many fans (see this thread if you haven't already: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=162472) want this and it seems to us that it would be a great way to truly gauge interest so that your vendor doesn't get surprised like they did with King Grayskull.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; August 20, 2008 at 03:50pm. Reason: link added
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Q: If vehicles and playsets are introduced into the MOTUC line, will it be possible for Mattel to have all new boxart similar to that of the vintage line?

I know you said mini comics are a possibility, but do you think a "magazine" subscription is possible in the future? I think it would be cool to get a magazine delivered every month that could have previews of upcoming figures, posters, fan art, and mail-away offers.

This depends on what sort of answer we get to the upcoming question nine, as it might answer this already. Just in case however.

Is it is possible that Skeletor comes with alternative heads? Alcala style Skeletor and 200x style seem both to be popular among the people here.
    Last edited by Invicta; August 21, 2008 at 07:42pm.

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    Given the last MOTU line, and what I've experienced/heard about with King Grayskull, I'm somewhat concerned about the durability of these figures, especially with the furry pants being made of hard plastic. In particular, the hip joints seem to be a little prone to breaking. Is this something that you are aware of, and are taking steps to rectify? It seems a slightly more durable hip joint is called for.

Thanks for a great line, regardless!!

Will Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops come with an updated Glow-In-The-Dark Warrior Ring? (like the classic versions had)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I would be interested in a question along these lines (Does not ask for a specific figure directly!!!!):

Has there been any thought to pushing development of characters that have not yet been re-designed in either the 2002 / Staction line ahead of the main charaters? For example, Scare Glow, Spikor, Rokkon, Modulok and so on are characters that have been at the bottom of the queue. If the pattern keeps repeating, by the time you get past the 10-12 most common figures, it will be over a year from now! Is there any chance that making some of these characters a higher priority?

I know I am not alone in saying that there are fans who definitly would like to have some sort of updated figure to put in with their collections. I am dying for a scare glow update!!!
    He has travelled a million miles across the void...

I know mini-comics are a possibility down the line, but would it be possible to have re-makes of the collector posters that were released every few waves in the classic line?

these were double sided, folded posters that had picture of all the figures, a checklist of sorts, as well as pics of vehicles and playsets.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

i know in the new toy fare they are talking about making a battle cat but has anyone said anything about a possible King Greyskull version of battle cat? X-tremly huge with a lions mane?

Court Magician
    Would it be possible to re-use molds/parts from the 6" DC Universe line in MOTUC. Both are sculped by the 4 Horsemen right? And the DC Universe line characters don't seem to have quite the huge muscle build as my King Grayskull figure... so just wondering if this woulld be a way to cut costs and produce figures with different builds, so we could, for example, have an Adam figure who didn't look just like He-Man in a pink vest.

Question: What happened to the sculpt on all the King Grayskull swords? (I'm referencing the dimple at the bottom of the blade, just before the hilt.)

Some King Grayskull figures have a dimple on both sides of the Power Sword.

The Power Sword is pretty darn important to get right I would think, and looking at the pictures of the prototypes, you can see that the 4HM's produced power swords have a nice shape there with no dimple at the base of the blade.

This looks like a mold issue and affected the whole production run of the King Grayskull figures.

I hope this is getting looked into and will be fixed by the time He-Man and Skeletor are released as they will also be getting this very important sword.

Thanks for all you guys do!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    It is said that the original package and card-art from the 80's will be reused for the MotUC -line, but what will you do when you come to characters that were never released in the 80's, where no such old art exists? Queen Marlena for instance.

Is it possible that we'll see accessory packs to transform existing figures into variants? For example: a thunder punch accessory pack to turn He-Man into that variant (new harnest, new accessories) thanks!

Will Trap Jaw's mechanical arm move at the 'elbow' like his original card back illustration?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Will there be 3 or more different Trap Jaws - each with a different arm attachment? I ask because this was his play feature and maybe they won't provide re-attachable items... maybe it'll be some of those glorious chase figures everyone wants so much.

Same question for Tri-Klops... one for each 'eye'? Man-E-Faces has one for each face?
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Are there currently any plans for a new cartoon?