Thread: Can We Get An Official .Org Character Release Order Poll?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Can We Get An Official .Org Character Release Order Poll?

I know a few fans have requested that Mattel set up a poll so we can vote on which characters get released first, but can we get an official He-Man.org poll to do this and present the results to Mattel?

I mean, they don't have to follow it, but it would give them a good indication of the most popular characters and they may be able to release them sooner if they are heavy part-sharing figures.

The poll could be similar to what AFI is doing with Mattel's DCUC figure poll here: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/f...=11836&start=0

I think we should be able to vote in 8 categories and the character with the highest votes in each category would be put on the list of who we want (8 figures total). The categories would be:

- Heroic Warriors
    - Evil Masters (Skeletor's followers)
    - The Evil Horde
    - Snake Men
    - Princess of Power
    - New Adventures of He-Man
    - 200X/MYP He-Man
    - Never Before Made Characters (mini-comics, all the toy lines, MYP and MVC)

Can this be done? Who wants to see it happen? I know I do.

Trust me, if we thought it would help, we would have already done it.

But

A. This lines is based heavily (at least initially) on the reuse of parts.
    It won't do any good to do a poll at this point if people all pick a figure that is out of the question at this time because of the amount of new sculpting involved.

B. We want to respect what Mattel has told us, in that they will post polls or request polls when the time comes.
    We already know what the next 5 are in terms of release, and we already know Zodac is in there somewhere afterwards, and that MAA and Teela are possibilities based on answers we've seen in interviews/Q&As.
    With the line already planned that far out in advance, it's best to reserve such a poll for months down the road so it's useful to Mattel when it's time for more figure planning.

We'll be doing some polls soon, but if we do one like this, it will be when it will actually help make a difference in the line.
    And that's important.
    We want the polls with your input to count!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I know a few fans have requested that Mattel set up a poll so we can vote on which characters get released first, but can we get an official He-Man.org poll to do this and present the results to Mattel?

I mean, they don't have to follow it, but it would give them a good indication of the most popular characters and they may be able to release them sooner if they are heavy part-sharing figures.

The poll could be similar to what AFI is doing with Mattel's DCUC figure poll here: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/f...=11836&start=0

I think we should be able to vote in 8 categories and the character with the highest votes in each category would be put on the list of who we want (8 figures total). The categories would be:

- Heroic Warriors
    - Evil Masters (Skeletor's followers)
    - The Evil Horde
    - Snake Men
    - Princess of Power
    - New Adventures of He-Man
    - 200X/MYP He-Man
    - Never Before Made Characters (mini-comics, all the toy lines, MYP and MVC)

Can this be done? Who wants to see it happen? I know I do.
    You'd have to make those poll choices balanced.

Everyone might choose all the mega popular characters first, meaning that the line would start out mega strong at first, but it could slowly dwindle away because of all the star characters were already done.

Imagine a whole year of of what I consider D-List MOTUC characters? Gwildor, Loo-Kee, Rio-Blast, Twistoid, etc.?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You'd have to make those poll choices balanced.

Everyone might choose all the mega popular characters first, meaning that the line would start out mega strong at first, but it could slowly dwindle away because of all the star characters were already done.

Imagine a whole year of of what I consider D-List MOTUC characters? Gwildor, Loo-Kee, Rio-Blast, Twistoid, etc.?
    D Lister's done well will prolly make atleast the B list. But then again I am die hard and I will buy everything so that the line stays alive.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.