Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 87

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.3!

  1. #51
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,710
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    You know, just reading that "in print" (even though I already knew it), has gotten me all excited about the possibility of folks like Callix (sp?), the Kulatucks (sp? again), Prahvus, etc making it into the MOTUC line with sculpts that'll blend right in with King Grayskull, Beast Man, etc.
    This line is going to look AMAZING
    I know I'd be really excited to see figures like this coming out soon.

    Yes, MYP was limited to Eternia, which lacked a little of that "Universe" feel.
    HOWEVER. MYP did an AMAZING job fleshing out Eternia, giving it so many cultures and people, it begins to feel like a genuine planet out there somewhere.

    I so hope MotU Classics can go on and on for years, so we can get all these great characters.

    I'd want MotU Classics to continue right along side a line of MotU Movie figures for when the movie comes out... Mattel does multiple lines with Barbie, I don't see why they couldn't do that with MotU for when MotU has the movie popularity behind it.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  2. #52
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    When did I say that Titus and Megator would be 6"? I was talking about them being sold like vehicles. Because of their sizes, they weren't normal figures.
    Scott has said that Titus and Megator are possibilities as BAFs (if they do them). Nothing in this new Q&A contradicts this.

  3. #53
    The Line of Eld Lioncourt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Better here than Privet Drive
    Posts
    9,230
    Mostly good, but not much new. Most of these questions have been answered already elsewhere.

    Long live MotU.

    " … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

    { @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }
    19

  4. #54
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I know I'd be really excited to see figures like this coming out soon.

    Yes, MYP was limited to Eternia, which lacked a little of that "Universe" feel.
    HOWEVER. MYP did an AMAZING job fleshing out Eternia, giving it so many cultures and people, it begins to feel like a genuine planet out there somewhere.
    In the Filmation days, He-Man even had offworld adventures, but since NA established the whole "He-Man in Space" gimmick, it pretty much grounds He-Man on the fantasy world of Eternia. MYP realized that Eternia can be wondrous enough without going to NA territory. In a way, it's great IMO. It keeps MOTU's feel (fantasy) from NA (sci-fi).

    I so hope MotU Classics can go on and on for years, so we can get all these great characters.

    I'd want MotU Classics to continue right along side a line of MotU Movie figures for when the movie comes out... Mattel does multiple lines with Barbie, I don't see why they couldn't do that with MotU for when MotU has the movie popularity behind it.
    I think they can. The average person wouldn't even know about the Classics line, while the movie line will probably be mass market.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  5. #55
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I'd want MotU Classics to continue right along side a line of MotU Movie figures for when the movie comes out... Mattel does multiple lines with Barbie, I don't see why they couldn't do that with MotU for when MotU has the movie popularity behind it.
    I don't see why it wouldn't. In fact I'd say that if the movie and (especially) the movie toys are a hit, that is exactly the point that we'd see Classics start to show up at retail stores.

    Personally I'd love it if the movie figures are made to blend with the MOTUC line. Let it all become 1 HUGE line of MOTU.

  6. #56
    Hero of Eternia zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    12,029
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So an Evilseed wouldn't be a repainted green flocked MOTUC Webstor? Or Queen Marlena wouldn't be a repainted Teela/She-Ra body?

    I'll take a stab at that physical example then.

    So you're saying that we can get a figure that looks like this...extra arms, different legs, different belt and all?

    But have the muscularity and articulation of this?

    But without the focus group/anime/angularity of this?

    I think that pretty much hit the nail on the head dude, good example!
    Though I, however, DO think that Marlena might share common parts with the other gals- torso, legs, hands... or whatnot. But I'm sure she'll have unique costuming and an accessory of some sort... and I'm also willing to bet they do a better job on Marlena than they did with the 2004 exclusive She-Ra, which I thought looked awful and too obvious with the glued-on parts over the basic Teela/Evil-Lyn body.
    I have no idea which way they'll do Webstor- will it be with the extra limbs or just like the old figure? Time will tell... but I think certain things like the belt/loincloth piece will be the same as some of the other characters because that was a shared part amongst most figures back in the classic line.
    You know what though- whether they give him extra limbs or not, I'm just excited to have a Webstor that can stand on both feet without the aid of a base, and that can properly hold and aim his laser rifle! It's the "little things" that gets me all giddy about this new line!

  7. #57
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't. In fact I'd say that if the movie and (especially) the movie toys are a hit, that is exactly the point that we'd see Classics start to show up at retail stores.

    Personally I'd love it if the movie figures are made to blend with the MOTUC line. Let it all become 1 HUGE line of MOTU.
    I like that idea but I dunno if it would happen though. I'm sure movie figures, even those based on Mattel's own product, would need to be it's own beast?!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  8. #58
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,710
    I suppose it all depends on the visual style of the movie.

    We're yelling for '87 movie versions of He-Man and Skeletor in this line, I don't see why "Classics" versions of the new movie characters wouldn't be any different.

    But I do agree when a movie is made, that I'd want both lines to run together.
    (I guess I'm agreein' with my own post! D'oh!)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  9. #59
    Hero of Eternia zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    12,029
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't. In fact I'd say that if the movie and (especially) the movie toys are a hit, that is exactly the point that we'd see Classics start to show up at retail stores.

    Personally I'd love it if the movie figures are made to blend with the MOTUC line. Let it all become 1 HUGE line of MOTU.
    I believe Mattel would handle it much in the way they have their Movie Masters line. Heck, Movie Masters already has the word "Masters" in it... LOL.
    So right now on my desk, I have a handful of DCU and DCUC figures from Mattel going up against the Heath Ledger Movie Masters figure, two of his henchmen, Harley Quinn, and Clayface. All from "different" lines you could say, and mostly variations on the same sort of style- and they do not look out of place with each other at all.
    So, my point is, Mattel- when and IF the time comes for movie figures, might end up doing He-Man movie figs as part of their Movie Masters line (probably sporting different packaging from MOTUC like Movie Masters is different from DCUC) and they'll look just as good next to King Grayskull and Heath Ledger Joker looks next to my Penguin or Mr. Freeze figures.

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    713
    All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines form the 1980s. Characters like Marlena who did not have a toy will be designed to look like an update if she did have a toy in the 1980s.
    can't... wait... so... excited!!

  11. #61
    www.thecomixverse.com Flint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    412
    Personally I think they gave all the right answers. Things are certainly looking up for MOTUC!
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,099
    Sounds good again, not totally sold on Marlena's look being based on what seems like the mini comics - royal dress and crown. I would have prefered Battle Armor Marlena

    I'll still get her though.

  13. #63
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Sounds good again, not totally sold on Marlena's look being based on what seems like the mini comics - royal dress and crown. I would have prefered Battle Armor Marlena

    I'll still get her though.
    A Battle Armor Marlena is a possibility as far as available figures to do.

    A two pack of the King and Queen in battle armor would be SWEET!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  14. #64
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    A two pack of the King and Queen in battle armor would be SWEET!
    Agreed! Loved those MYP outfits!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior invaziondrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    SENY
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Side by side repaint sales is the PERFECT solution, Bravo, Mattel!


    Only IF the line takes off
    "All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

    BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0

  16. #66
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,413
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So an Evilseed wouldn't be a repainted green flocked MOTUC Webstor? Or Queen Marlena wouldn't be a repainted Teela/She-Ra body?

    I'll take a stab at that physical example then.

    So you're saying that we can get a figure that looks like this...extra arms, different legs, different belt and all?
    http://grayskullmuseum.com/neca/wave43.jpg

    But have the muscularity and articulation of this?
    http://images.google.com/url?q=http:...f2a7Z90mO95XAQ

    But without the focus group/anime/angularity of this?
    http://fourhorsemen.biz/images/galle...eman/close.jpg
    Not exactly.
    You're hoping for more unique sculpts, when there's going to be far more part-sharing going on.

    From what we've all seen and heard,
    at least for now it's more about different heads and different body attachments that can be added on to existing sculpted parts to turn the figure into a new character...
    kinda like a better version of the classic recycling.

    It's kinda like taking two cars of the exact same make and model, and dressing them with different accessories and paint to give two completely different looks.
    While we all know they are the same car, they can have vastly different appearances depending on what all is done to them.

    The 4H are very clever guys.
    I have no doubt they'll come up with refresh ideas that will look great.

    It's too hard to say now just how much refreshing/resculpting can be done on a character.
    It just depends on how well MOTUC will do.
    The better it does, the more that can be done with the line.

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,870
    Seeing as Webstor has been brought up in this thread, I hope that if he's ever released down the road it's without those extra spider-legs/arms. Just give him to us like he originally was and without the crouch!

  18. #68
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    Seeing as Webstor has been brought up in this thread, I hope that if he's ever released down the road it's without those extra spider-legs/arms. Just give him to us like he originally was and without the crouch!
    I disagree here about Webstor. Like the MYP-inspired Buzz-Off, I like the smaller appendages popping out.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

  19. #69
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,853
    I agree with Dagar. Original Webstor all the way.

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior BlueStreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,905
    Disagree. I love the 200x Webstor and all his legs. I hate the crouched stance. I'd live to have an articulated MOTUC version with the design of the 200x version.

    I have to boil and pop my poor Webstor staticon about every 3 weeks...

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,870
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I disagree here about Webstor. Like the MYP-inspired Buzz-Off, I like the smaller appendages popping out.
    Ah, I liked the newer Buzz-Off too, but could I do without all those spindly things that could fall off and get lost? Yes, I could.

  22. #72
    Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wyoming.
    Posts
    1,662
    If the line is doing well enough, they should be able to do both for webstor. The classic body can be totally recycled for him - he would just need a new head and armor. From there, they could have an MYP-inspired set of smaller appendages that snap on. Then, either fan is happy. I hope this is the way they are able to go. I personally loved the 200x webstor, but I can see where some would not like the change... If they could do both in one package with little new tooling, it could really work for them.

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior Fearless_Photog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    If the line is doing well enough, they should be able to do both for webstor. The classic body can be totally recycled for him - he would just need a new head and armor. From there, they could have an MYP-inspired set of smaller appendages that snap on. Then, either fan is happy. I hope this is the way they are able to go. I personally loved the 200x webstor, but I can see where some would not like the change... If they could do both in one package with little new tooling, it could really work for them.
    I couldn't agree more. My personal dream for this line is that it becomes successful enough for every figure to get a couple of heads and some accessories. That way either an original mini-comic, 80's toyline, or 200X design can be achieved while still having all the figures blend in style. I know that this will only happen if the line takes off, but as it stands it seems to be the only way to make the (apparently divided) fans happy.

  24. #74
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Ok so no girl figures from NA probably no NA teela then either I'm guess... but still there are a lot of cool characters in there for them to do.
    Well, I'm sure there was a blonde Teela with a Pink outfit in the Minicomic The Secret Liquid of Life

    NA Sorceress should be OK, she was in the mini's too!

    Looks like no NA Adam though, the Adam in the minicomic was MOTU Adam
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  25. #75
    Wise Old Trollan Uncle Montork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    South Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,754
    Quote Originally Posted by invaziondrummer View Post
    Only IF the line takes off
    Positive thinker, you are...

    Well, I AM thinking positive about this line and I believe side-by-side variants will be a reality!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •