View Poll Results: Should there be a Sorceress/Teela, mother/daugter thing in the upcoming movies?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure. Wouldn't want it any other way!

33 89.19%
  • No, not really.

3 8.11%
  • "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

1 2.70%

Thread: Should there be a Sorceress/Teela, mother/daugter thing in the upcoming movies?

Should there be a Sorceress/Teela, mother/daugter thing in the upcoming movies?

I know for a fact that many people loved the Sorceress/Teela subplot in both the Filmation and the MYP series. How would you feel about it being left out?
    He-Man ima duge kose plave, He-Man ima začarani mač,
    He-Man ima tigra pa ga jaše, He-Man dobro čarobnicu znaaa...

- Ancient Croatian folk song

sfcentar.geek.hr

It's one of the best things Filmation decided to do, and its one of the "cool" Filmaton elements that (IMO) has the potential to cross over well, perticularly if there is a series of films. This story line coule be really built up, with maybe Teela finding out she in Teelana's daughter, as the sorceress needed a blood transfusion after being injured or something. Maybe the sorceress will die or something in the last film, forcing Teela to beome the new sorceress. (I would rather the real sorceress not die though!)
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 19, 2008 at 10:19am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I don't think it was just a Filmation thing, but I certainly do agree that it needs to be in there. From what we've seen so far of reviews of Justin Marks' script, it looks like it's either completely been ignored or there might be some sort of hint at the link between the two characters the readers aren't catching.

Still, it's something we didn't see in the '87 movie and I feel this one should redeem that aspect and keep it as a running subplot.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    YES. And I do believe all 5 of us that have voted ( last I checked) have spoken.

It needs to be in there.

Yep.

*typing more to reach minimum number of characters required for post*

I think its one of the important things. It will shape the rest of Eternia and Adam/Teela's future.

Now, will I see it..eh dunno...
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I voted yes, although if they didn't use it I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Personally, I would prefer it not be mentioned in the first movie. There's enough that would be going on, introducing all the characters and Eternia to the audience, so I feel that shoe-horning it in there might be a little too much. But I'd definitely want it stated in the second movie (maybe even alluded to in the first, but really briefly), with teela finally learning the truth in the third movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I voted yes, although if they didn't use it I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Personally, I would prefer it not be mentioned in the first movie. There's enough that would be going on, introducing all the characters and Eternia to the audience, so I feel that shoe-horning it in there might be a little too much. But I'd definitely want it stated in the second movie (maybe even alluded to in the first, but really briefly), with teela finally learning the truth in the third movie.
    I agree with that. Maybe just hints first and then more explination in the second.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

had to go with a big YES here
    Eternian Beastmaster

I voted yes. As someone else said in another thread, the Sorceress/Teela subplot is one of the emotional backbones of the series. It's got to be in there. Leaving it out would be like making a Batman film without Alfred the loyal butler/man-servant.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

[DISBELIEF] Someone actually voted "no" [/DISBELIEF]
    He-Man ima duge kose plave, He-Man ima začarani mač,
    He-Man ima tigra pa ga jaše, He-Man dobro čarobnicu znaaa...

- Ancient Croatian folk song

sfcentar.geek.hr

Hmm after carefully considering it maybe not. This could be a chance for Teela to become an even stronger character for herself and her story without having to carry what she should be. Being the daughter of the Sorceress half her path is already pre-determined to a point, and by not it can help alleviate some of the complications in her relationship to Adam if they go that route. As we see in the bio versions she has to remain on Eternia to defend it while Adam goes off into space during NA.

I mean it's not that I do not like what already is but to give this some meat, we need to alleviate a lot of these parental connections and trim it down a bit in order to bring not only some diversity but some stronger stories of a character coming into their own after coming from diverse obstacles and situations.
    Last edited by Nemisythe; January 19, 2014 at 02:13pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I think it's a crucial cornerstone of the MOTU plot. Yes, it's in.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!