• Man-At-Arms

55 55.56%
  • Tri-Klops

44 44.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would win: Man-At-Arms vs. Tri-Klops

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Who would win: Man-At-Arms vs. Tri-Klops

Well, it's been a while since I posted a "battle scenario" poll (last one http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=147646 I was waiting for more Heroic Warriors to be released to present a few more combinations... but how about this one?

MAN-AT-ARMS vs. TRI-KLOPS

Lets look at the brief stats:
    MAN-AT-ARMS - the master of weapons, skilled in many forms of combat
    TRI-KLOPS - a cunning bounty hunter, his eyes have many abilities, also a skilled swordsman

We'll use their MOTUC 'versions' (ie. bios, etc,), and for sake of argument they are only armed with any weapons the MOTUC figure comes with - hence no "xxx pulls out a laser gun!"

And please remember, this is a battle scenario, not voting for your favourite character.

Let battle commence...!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

MOTUC showdown: Man-At-Arms vs. Tri-Klops

Well, it's been a while since I posted a "battle scenario" poll (last one here ) - I was waiting for more Heroic Warriors to be released to present a few more combinations... but how about this one?

MAN-AT-ARMS vs. TRI-KLOPS

Lets look at the brief stats:
    MAN-AT-ARMS - the master of weapons, skilled in many forms of combat
    TRI-KLOPS - a cunning bounty hunter, his eyes have many abilities, also a skilled swordsman

We'll use their MOTUC 'versions' (ie. bios, etc,), and for sake of argument they are only armed with any weapons the MOTUC figure comes with - hence no "xxx pulls out a laser gun!"

And please remember, this is a battle scenario, not voting for your favourite character.

Let battle commence...!

...And if you like these "who would win" battle scenarios, I posted a load of them, pre-MOTUC, on the Original forum, such as this one. Check out the vintage polls section and you should find them.
    Last edited by Spacedust; August 22, 2009 at 11:45am. Reason: changed title in keeping with previous such threads
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Man-At-Arms!!

Duncan, hands (arms?) down.

He actually comes with a laser pistol, so he does pull one out and takes out taht fancy green visor! Show's over!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Tri-clops, 3 eyes are better than 2

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Tri-Klops, when you consider all of the variables.

He's based off the mini-comic bounty hunter who had He-Man on the defensive and took out Beastman, Battle Cat, Ram Man and Teela. This is talking about outright battle. He's also crafty too, meaning he can also be sneaky when he has to.

MAA has a gun? Tri-Klops has Distavision, Gammavision (seeing around objects--nice for ambushes) AND Optic Blasts.

MAA is nice, but Trike is a beast!

Man-At-Arms!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Accessories for MOTUC Castle Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Tri-Klops, when you consider all of the variables.

He's based off the mini-comic bounty hunter who had He-Man on the defensive and took out Beastman, Battle Cat, Ram Man and Teela. This is talking about outright battle. He's also crafty too, meaning he can also be sneaky when he has to.

MAA has a gun? Tri-Klops has Distavision, Gammavision (seeing around objects--nice for ambushes) AND Optic Blasts.

MAA is nice, but Trike is a beast!
    Much as I would want to root for MAA, I agree that the crafty side of Tri-Klops AND the previous battles you mention, MegaGearMax, would give Tri-Klops an edge (the only swing factor would be if MAA had sufficient planning time to "invent" his way out of things!) But in the event of a hasty battle, I think it would be close, sometimes a stalemate, but more often a win for Tri-Klops. I see him as ruthless as he is sneaky!

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    MAA, but just barely. It'd be a real good fight.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    I would have to agree with those that think MAA would win this tough battle.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

I did actually overlook the fact that MAA has a laser pistol in his MOTUC incarnation. I wonder if, for sake of future battle scenarios, guns and lasers should be counted out?

Anyway, dispite that, I have a feeling that TK would come out triumphant in this one. It would be a good fight, but I think Klopsy is just a bit too skilled and cunning, even agains the Master of Weapons.
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvik View Post
    Much as I would want to root for MAA, I agree that the crafty side of Tri-Klops AND the previous battles you mention, MegaGearMax, would give Tri-Klops an edge (the only swing factor would be if MAA had sufficient planning time to "invent" his way out of things!) But in the event of a hasty battle, I think it would be close, sometimes a stalemate, but more often a win for Tri-Klops. I see him as ruthless as he is sneaky!
    MAA could be similar to Batman's "prep time".

You know, I would think that MAA could invent something to beat practically anyone given enough time, but in a battle with default equipment? Given Trike's skill and powers, MAA is outmatched.

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    Taking all in consideration .... I think Tri Klops will walk away victorious from this one!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't someone with open figs build us the battle scene ?

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Man-at-Arms with mustache would lose, but Man-at-Arms without mustache would hurt Tri-Klops with a vengeance.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

He's called Man-At-Arms for a reason. He's not just a crafty inventor, Duncan is a vetran of the Great Unrest, he knows how to beat foes of any sort.

Tri-Clops may be a dangerous bounty hunter with many tools at his disposal, but Man-At-Arms has the brains to back up brawn. He's an inventor, but that intelect comes in handy in other places than his work shop. This is the guy who trained his teenage daughter to become captain of the guard after all.

When you break it down, this fight comes down to the fact that Tri Clops would be able to hunt down Man-At-Arms, but Duncan wouldn't run from a fight. He's use the laser pistol to take out the doom seeker. This wouldn't matter much to Tri Clops as he can still use his vision to locate Man At Arms.

Tri Clops biggest short coming with his three eyes is that he can only use one at a time. He can pin down Duncan with a barrage of optic blasts, but he'd have to switch his vision to see through whatever Duncan was hiding behind.

Meanwhile Duncan can cover himself with the pistol while he checks on Tri Clops position. In longer range weapons these two are a draw.

So the fight draws closer. Both are down to hand weapons. Tri Clops has range with a longer sword, but Duncan's club could be used to defend as well as for attack.

Tri Clops still has a few tricks up his sleeve (or on his back) with his trusty throwing knives, but he'd have to grab them while trying to defend against a two handed attack from MAA. Disappointing for Tri Clops, because all that effort is waisted when the extra armor Duncan wears deflects the knives.

Down to little more than blades and wits, Tri Clops attacks, hacking and slashing away at MAA furiously, but Duncan, catching a blow of his sword creates an opening and before Tri Clops can recover to defend himself is cracked in the head for a knock out blow.

And that's how MOTUC Man At Arms beats Tri Clops.

Tri-Klops would annihilate Man-at-Arms! Duncan better hope that He-man is in the neighbourhood and hears as he cries out for help.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I think Tri-Clops would win but i think Man at Arms would be able to save his own life and get away. But yeah in my world Tri-Clops is one vicious mercenary!

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Man-at-Arms with mustache would lose, but Man-at-Arms without mustache would hurt Tri-Klops with a vengeance.
    Genius! I have to agree with this logic. Moustache-less MAA kicks serious butt!

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Well, Tri-Klops the swordsman would show up with his sword to confront MAA, and this is basically what would happen.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Wellllll...Man-at-Arms does have a laser gun. That's the only reason I voted for Man-At-Arms. I don't care how good you are with a blade, you got no chance against a gun in a battle scenario.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Tri-Klops because I like more that character than Man-at-Arms

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    It depends on the situation as well. Lets say Man-At-Arms had a few too many after a night out drinking with the lads(He-man has blacked out a few blocks back lying in is own vomit, lucky for him Skeletor has also been drinking and is on his 4th bottle of wine) Tri-Klops jumps out of no where ready to attack taking advantage of the situation, Man-At-Arms pulls out his laser gun backwards and shoots himself.

Tri-Klops wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Disguise View Post
    It depends on the situation as well. Lets say Man-At-Arms had a few too many after a night out drinking with the lads(He-man has blacked out a few blocks back lying in is own vomit, lucky for him Skeletor has also been drinking and is on his 4th bottle of wine) Tri-Klops jumps out of no where ready to attack taking advantage of the situation, Man-At-Arms pulls out his laser gun backwards and shoots himself.

Tri-Klops wins.
    Well, it COULD happen.
    ~jay firestorm~

For me the great Duncan!

Man-at-Arms all the way.

A good fight, but Man-at-Arms (without moustache), all the way.

Sure, in his "debut" mini-comic Tri-Klops had He-Man on the ropes, but that's not really definitive.

In "The Tale of Teela," it took Tri-Klops PLUS Trap-Jaw, Beast Man, and Mer-Man to subdue her, and she got her training from Man-at-Arms. That same level of skill added to his experience would give him the edge over the bounty hunter every time, in my opinion.

Tri-Klops would, however, kick the crap out of the moustached Man-at-Arms.