View Poll Results: Should He-Man have super strength in the new canon?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! He should punch out mountains and move planets.

60 37.97%
  • In the Middle! Strong as hell, but not impossibly strong.

94 59.49%
  • No! He should have normal strength for a man of his size.

4 2.53%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: Should He-Man have super strength in the new canon?

Hybrid View

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Should He-Man have super strength in the new canon?

Should He-Man be all Filmation and MYP Class 100 strong in this new canon, or should he have just above average strength like he did in the mini-comics before Filmation?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm in the middle...I love Filmation but it gets kind of silly after a while...

It's hard to maintain a realistic approach...if he hurls a mountain one minute...but then struggles to break free of some goon the next...

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

I think thats one of the things that really bothered me about the new cartoon...he just didn't seem super powerful. Sure, he could do amazing things, but honestly I wanted to see him do the impossible. But then that wouldn't make for much conflict, would it....
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

Quote Originally Posted by SKELEPIMP View Post
    I'm in the middle...I love Filmation but it gets kind of silly after a while...
    Tell me about it. He-Man's strength jumped the shark tenfold when he moved a moon.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Stronger than the other characters but not "Stupid" strong. I don't care it 1 time he lifts something ridiculous by calling on the power of the ancients or whatever and seriously has to struggle to do so.

He's always had super strength (save for the very original mini comics). Why change it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastman_Power View Post
    I think thats one of the things that really bothered me about the new cartoon...he just didn't seem super powerful. Sure, he could do amazing things, but honestly I wanted to see him do the impossible. But then that wouldn't make for much conflict, would it....
    Oh I dunno. His fracturing that huge cliff and heaving it at Serpos seemed pretty super powerful to me!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

im for middle strength. filmation went way to far might as well put blue tights on him too
    i think he should be "magicaly strong" after all he does have the power of grayskull, but i dont think we should see people throwing things to the moon or throwing mountains
    defiantly more stamina than everyone and be able to take alot more abuse than normal people.
    Eternian Beastmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    He's always had super strength (save for the very original mini comics). Why change it now?
    He's had it then too with the super-suit. I'm talking about the degree of super strength.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    He-man should be able to run as fast as the antelopes; lift a small vehicle, or stop a stampeding elephant (eventually). he should have trouble breaking beastman’s grip. He should be the strongest character physically, but just barely. If 3 or 4 of the strongest characters hold him down he should not be able to break free (unless he uses his brain and other skills).
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

He better be as strong as possible. Otherwise, it's pretty stupid to call him the "most powerful man in the universe" which is what the general public remembers.

Otherwise, let's just make a Spider-Man movie where he doesn't swing on webs or a Super-Man movie where supes can't fly.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Actually the original Superman didnt fly. he leapt tall buildings. He was later revised to be able to fly. And more recently he was revised so he can’t move the moon or throw a mountain anymore. So he-man has no competition in moon moving abilities. (well, maybe swift wind)

You can still have he-man be the most powerful man in the universe, without moon moving.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Maybe not 'move planets,' but punching through mountains? Oh yeah, for sure!
    – No comment.

"In the Middle! Strong as hell, but not impossibly strong." - he always was for me.

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

i want to see the power of grayskull. superhuman but still vunerable. like spiderman

spidey is crazystrong but you still can see him as acessible and it never overshadows the character.

actually they could focus on it a bit more but that is the direction.