View Poll Results: Should He-Man have super strength in the new canon?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! He should punch out mountains and move planets.

60 37.97%
  • In the Middle! Strong as hell, but not impossibly strong.

94 59.49%
  • No! He should have normal strength for a man of his size.

4 2.53%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should He-Man have super strength in the new canon?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Should He-Man have super strength in the new canon?

Should He-Man be all Filmation and MYP Class 100 strong in this new canon, or should he have just above average strength like he did in the mini-comics before Filmation?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm in the middle...I love Filmation but it gets kind of silly after a while...

It's hard to maintain a realistic approach...if he hurls a mountain one minute...but then struggles to break free of some goon the next...

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

I think thats one of the things that really bothered me about the new cartoon...he just didn't seem super powerful. Sure, he could do amazing things, but honestly I wanted to see him do the impossible. But then that wouldn't make for much conflict, would it....
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

Quote Originally Posted by SKELEPIMP View Post
    I'm in the middle...I love Filmation but it gets kind of silly after a while...
    Tell me about it. He-Man's strength jumped the shark tenfold when he moved a moon.

He's always had super strength (save for the very original mini comics). Why change it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastman_Power View Post
    I think thats one of the things that really bothered me about the new cartoon...he just didn't seem super powerful. Sure, he could do amazing things, but honestly I wanted to see him do the impossible. But then that wouldn't make for much conflict, would it....
    Oh I dunno. His fracturing that huge cliff and heaving it at Serpos seemed pretty super powerful to me!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Stronger than the other characters but not "Stupid" strong. I don't care it 1 time he lifts something ridiculous by calling on the power of the ancients or whatever and seriously has to struggle to do so.

im for middle strength. filmation went way to far might as well put blue tights on him too
    i think he should be "magicaly strong" after all he does have the power of grayskull, but i dont think we should see people throwing things to the moon or throwing mountains
    defiantly more stamina than everyone and be able to take alot more abuse than normal people.
    Eternian Beastmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    He's always had super strength (save for the very original mini comics). Why change it now?
    He's had it then too with the super-suit. I'm talking about the degree of super strength.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    He-man should be able to run as fast as the antelopes; lift a small vehicle, or stop a stampeding elephant (eventually). he should have trouble breaking beastman’s grip. He should be the strongest character physically, but just barely. If 3 or 4 of the strongest characters hold him down he should not be able to break free (unless he uses his brain and other skills).
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

He better be as strong as possible. Otherwise, it's pretty stupid to call him the "most powerful man in the universe" which is what the general public remembers.

Otherwise, let's just make a Spider-Man movie where he doesn't swing on webs or a Super-Man movie where supes can't fly.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Actually the original Superman didnt fly. he leapt tall buildings. He was later revised to be able to fly. And more recently he was revised so he can’t move the moon or throw a mountain anymore. So he-man has no competition in moon moving abilities. (well, maybe swift wind)

You can still have he-man be the most powerful man in the universe, without moon moving.

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

But, the title "most powerful man in the UNIVERSE" kind of implies that he CAN move mountains and moons and what not. Otherwise, why give him that title? Now, granted strength isn't the only factor in that title; however, it plays a major part. So YES he should most certainly have super strength in the new canon.

In the middle. Makes him a tad more 'human', as opposed to someone who is god-like like Superman. One thing I liked in the 87 movie was the scene where he knocked over the huge statue. You see him puting his all into it, and then finding the strength to knock it down on top of his enemies. One of my favorite scenes in that film. If he is too strong, the audience ends up worrying less about the character, and that actually ends up making him weaker!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    But, the title "most powerful man in the UNIVERSE" kind of implies that he CAN move mountains and moons and what not. Otherwise, why give him that title? Now, granted strength isn't the only factor in that title; however, it plays a major part. So YES he should most certainly have super strength in the new canon.
    I'd rather keep on having him prove that he's The Most Powerful Man in the universe, rather than it be the given like Filmation did. If the hero doesn't have to struggle, he becomes boring. Ask Superman.

Now Bruce Timm depowered Superman and increased the power of his enemies. So maybe if they made Beastman, Tri-Klops and everyone else super strong, but He-Man is the strongest?

MYP did it really good. He still had super strength, but it wasn't ridiculous.

If they did it like in the original mini-comics, he could also not be able to lift mountains and move planets and STILL be the strongest man in the universe.
    He-Man was punching out rocks. Compare that to your average Olympic level body builder.

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    come on!!!
    "Cringer became the mighty Battle Cat,
    and I became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe!"
    so, that is what He-man is for me. So many people wants realistics powers , but we are talking about He-man, there is not realism on the show, and that's good! He must be as powerfull as Superman is, or more!

It's only my opinion
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

I voted for the most powerful option. I wanna see him earn the title Most Powerful Man in the Universe! But,I think his ultemate power level should be reserved. Maybe he should only ever use's it in extream circumstances. Otherwise it wouldn't be as special when we see him use this ultemate power. We saw him use it a bit to much in the Filmation series. (I loved it at the time though!) Like we know the Sorceress at times can access incredable power, easily making her the most powerful MOTU player. But she can't maintain that level. It just makes it even more special when we see them reach that peek.

He-Man is up there with Superman, if not even more so, considering he can not fly or shoot fire beams and x-ray vision from his eyes. He is still at the same level as supes with out any of the advances supes has. In my mind He-Man has always been the better more believeable hero and in my mind had the strength of a god!
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 21, 2008 at 12:09pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Keep him in the middle. He can go super powered every once in a while but not to the point where he can move moons.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I was just re-watching “the taking of grayskull” from the original toon and there's a scene towards the end where he-man has to lift castle grayskull and toss it back through a dimensional portal; he immediately calls upon the sorceress to unlock all the powers of grayskull and make them available for this extreme feat. He eventually succeeds in lifting the castle and it’s a very powerful scene because you see him doing something extraordinary that he shouldn’t be able to do on a daily basis. It was special and it called for a lot of reserve strength. There’s a lot of room between being the most powerful man in the universe and tossing a mountain or moving the moon. When i say my he-man can lift a castle at best, i'm not asking for realism.

Evil & Armed For Combat TrapJaw's Avatar
    I voted to keep him in the middle.

To me, a super-strong He-Man that picks up mountains, creates cyclones by spinning his arms, and throws objects into orbit may as well trade in his fuzzy shorts for blue tights and a red cape and dye his hair black. He's essentially Superman, not only in power levels, but in personality as well. And to watching a guy that strong fight people with slightly above average strength is like watching Hulk Hogan beat up a series of old ladies...boring and hardly heroic.

Give me a hero that actually has to struggle. There's more drama if the hero of a story actually has to give it his all to win in the battle against evil. I'd like to see some of the bad guys like Beastman as strong or stronger than He-Man.

"Most Powerful Man in the Universe" doesn't necessarily equate directly to "The Strongest Man in the Universe". Power can come from courage, will, wits, and compassion as well.
    "HA! If such as you are the best that this world can muster, then it is already won!" Trap-Jaw, from the Menace of Trap-Jaw!

I always envisioned him as way above average strength. Like say Beast man was a 5 in strength from 1-10, 3 being male average. He-man would be a solid 8 but no more.

1 - Children / Prince Adam lol!
    2 - Average Woman eternian
    3 - Average Male eternain
    4 - Mer-man
    5 - Beastman
    6.5 - Skeletor
    7 -----------I feel there needs to ba gap here and i don't know why lol!
    8 - He-man
    9 - Sorceress/Hordak
    10 - Granamir!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for the middle but I'm not sure that's really where my vote belongs. Basically I think he should be superhumanly strong, but not Superman/Hulk strong. Also, the villains should be close to his level of strength, so that there is real danger is 3 or 4 of them gang up on him. But that's just me.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I vote for the middle as well.

MYP certainly did a smashing job with this, the way they portrayed him with inhuman strength, but not making him invincible or capable of moving moons.

I will admit that throwing the tower with the Serpent Medallion into the sun, that was a bit too much... At the time I thought it was kind of cool, but now that I've had time to think about it, it was a bit too over-the-top.

Just about everything else MYP did was solid tho, and fairly consistent.

One of my problems with MYP was that He-Man didn't stand out enough above the other heroes. I was glad he chucked the tower into the sun. It was a gasp of relief---FINALLY!

If he doesn't stand out among the others, he doesn't seem all that special.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

He-man should always be super strong, or how would he be "The most powerful man in the universe"?

It doesn't matter though because this iteration of MotU is mostly canonless as it has no media support.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4