View Poll Results: Should He-Man have super strength in the new canon?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! He should punch out mountains and move planets.

60 37.97%
  • In the Middle! Strong as hell, but not impossibly strong.

94 59.49%
  • No! He should have normal strength for a man of his size.

4 2.53%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should He-Man have super strength in the new canon?

Edit: GAH! I missread the poll.
    I wanna vote for number 2.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

I have to agree that He-Man can chuck a mountain into space but can't get out of a couple of vines that he had to turn back to wimpy skinny Adam.

I like the DC version he's strong but not Superman status.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    He-man should always be super strong, or how would he be "The most powerful man in the universe"?

It doesn't matter though because this iteration of MotU is mostly canonless as it has no media support.

MOTUC isn't canon-less, just because it doesn't have a show. They will be using a combination of mini-comic and MYP canon for the bios on the back of the packages. We might even be getting mini-comics too...hopefully.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

That's why I said mostly canonless. It's close enough to canonless that it doesn't matter.

The mini-comics are still a big if right now. If they became reality I would change my opinion.

I voted for in the middle - yes he should be super strong, that's like his thing, his "gimmick" if you will, but he shouldn't be juggling moons as if they were golf balls. How do you challenge someone THAT strong?
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    I agree. He-man has pretty much always had Superman type strength. I see no need to mess with that.
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tsubasamaxi View Post
    come on!!!
    "Cringer became the mighty Battle Cat,
    and I became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe!"
    so, that is what He-man is for me. So many people wants realistics powers , but we are talking about He-man, there is not realism on the show, and that's good! He must be as powerfull as Superman is, or more!

It's only my opinion
    Who is to say that Superman and He-Man exist in the same universe?

Ok, ok... there was that comic from DC, but still...
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    What new canon? bios on the back of the packages hardly qualifies as canon in my view. Unless they come with mini-comics or have a tv series, there is no canon. to me the 'canon' that was established in the 80's will aways be the canon to me. Anyone can rewrite something, it doesn't make it official to me.

And yes, He-man should be super strong, as he always was in the media that counted (the Filmation toon, myp series). The old 'caveman' mini-comic was never considered official canon to me.

A He-man that can't pull off the impossible is hardly any He-man in my view. He-man is a fantasy character.... why should he be realistic in any way???
    Why is it that a character that's been around for so many years needs to be changed just to 'conform' to the times, just to please a few so-called fans who think everything has to be 'realistic'? to me that's pure and utter BS!

If you don't like He-man being super strong, than you can hardly call yourselves He-fans! He has the title of 'most powerful man in the UNIVERSE' for a reason. Nobody is more powerful than him, in any aspect, in the MOTU/POP/NA/200x myp universe. yes, he should be able to move moons, mountains or whatever he has to move to get the job done.

His power comes from the magic of grayskull, but he doesn't use magic like Granymir, but I'm sure he could kick Granymir's dragon ass in a fight though. sure the other villans are very strong & powerful, which is why they need He-man to stand against them. the other 'heroes' don't have the power to stand up to skeletor and his wariors, so yes, they were strong, but compared to He-man are push-overs for the most part.

skeletor has very powerful magic, but He-man's physical strength counters it.

And Hordak can never be considered more powerful than He-man, especially since he got his ass handed to him on a silver platter by She-ra, on a world that HE supposedly rules; and beaten time and again by a bunch of 'rebels' who don't really have any powers at all!!!

Yes, He-man should be all powerful, almost a GOD status in terms of physical strength. Untill he lets 'the power return'.

and Superman should be the same way, virtually a GOD. whoever decided to tone down Supes' power should be smacked upside the head, real hard!!! And never be allowed to write anything on any established character EVER! I'm glad I don't read comic books, or I'd really be angry.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it; cause it doesn't need fixing. Accept it as it is/was, or move on to something else!! Don't call yourself a fan and then try to rewrite the whole mythos because the established one isn't good enough.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Maybe not 'move planets,' but punching through mountains? Oh yeah, for sure!
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    What new canon? bios on the back of the packages hardly qualifies as canon in my view. Unless they come with mini-comics or have a tv series, there is no canon. to me the 'canon' that was established in the 80's will aways be the canon to me. Anyone can rewrite something, it doesn't make it official to me.
    Sure there is a canon. If there is no tv series or comic, then the bios on the backs will be the only thing establishing any official facts or history.

And yes, He-man should be super strong, as he always was in the media that counted (the Filmation toon, myp series). The old 'caveman' mini-comic was never considered official canon to me.
    It WAS official canon, until something more current came along.
    MOTUC canon (MYP +Mini-comics)>MYP>DIC>Filmation>1982-1983

A He-man that can't pull off the impossible is hardly any He-man in my view. He-man is a fantasy character.... why should he be realistic in any way???
    Why is it that a character that's been around for so many years needs to be changed just to 'conform' to the times, just to please a few so-called fans who think everything has to be 'realistic'? to me that's pure and utter BS!

If you don't like He-man being super strong, than you can hardly call yourselves He-fans! He has the title of 'most powerful man in the UNIVERSE' for a reason. Nobody is more powerful than him, in any aspect, in the MOTU/POP/NA/200x myp universe. yes, he should be able to move moons, mountains or whatever he has to move to get the job done.

His power comes from the magic of grayskull, but he doesn't use magic like Granymir, but I'm sure he could kick Granymir's dragon ass in a fight though. sure the other villans are very strong & powerful, which is why they need He-man to stand against them. the other 'heroes' don't have the power to stand up to skeletor and his wariors, so yes, they were strong, but compared to He-man are push-overs for the most part.
    He-Man couldn't beat Granamyr in Filmation or any Dragon in MYP. Larry DiTillio forbid it. Even He-Man was written to have limits. Dragons, Serpos, The Ram Stone and Zodak were some of the few obstacles even He-Man couldn't simply mop the floor with.

skeletor has very powerful magic, but He-man's physical strength counters it.

And Hordak can never be considered more powerful than He-man, especially since he got his ass handed to him on a silver platter by She-ra, on a world that HE supposedly rules; and beaten time and again by a bunch of 'rebels' who don't really have any powers at all!!!

Yes, He-man should be all powerful, almost a GOD status in terms of physical strength. Untill he lets 'the power return'.

and Superman should be the same way, virtually a GOD. whoever decided to tone down Supes' power should be smacked upside the head, real hard!!! And never be allowed to write anything on any established character EVER! I'm glad I don't read comic books, or I'd really be angry.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it; cause it doesn't need fixing. Accept it as it is/was, or move on to something else!! Don't call yourself a fan and then try to rewrite the whole mythos because the established one isn't good enough.
    I wouldn't go that far and pull that "true fan" stuff. I could say "true fans" who have been down with MOTU since 1982 think that He-Man was a barbarian from the jungle, Teela has blonde hair, MAA has no moustache and Randor is a white haired old man.

And it was broken. In Filmation, He-Man was so powerful that he didn't need any help or allies. So much for having any other good guy characters. He-Man was so powerful that he joked his way through fights...no one could possibly take him! So much for any new villians. It got so bad, that Skeletor became more of a comedic villian in Season Two because he's such a non-factor. Don't get me started on She-Ra and Hordak. I mean Hordak is retreating on a planet that he owns. That's how much of a non-factor that Hordak is. The only reason why She-Ra hasn't liberated Etheria by now is probably the sheer number of Horde bases and robots they have springing up like wild fire.

In MYP, He-Man was still very powerful, but there were things that could give even him pause. Sure he beat all of Skeletor's Evil Warriors by himself and beat both Evil Warriors AND The Council of Evil together (except for Marzo, Skeletor and Evil Lyn teaming up to stop him), but for all of his power, he did have limits. Limits make watching He-Man more exciting. Limits even justified other heroic MOTU characters even showing up.

I mean, seriously...would you be interested in a He-Man who phones in every encounter because he can defeat enemies so easily? That was one of the biggest problems with Superman. Writing stories for him was a chore. That's why every enemy he had had Kryptonite weapons to give him a challenge, until the modern version of Superman had enemies on his power level to battle him.

Ask yourself this...and correct me if I'm wrong, but has Filmation He-Man ever had any epic battle against any person or group that actually gave him a problem?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 27, 2008 at 10:49am.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I voted for middle. That wouldn't stop him from doing impossible things for an ordinary person, but it would mean there are some limitations. Limitations make the character more interesting. If there is something too big for him to remove by lifting or punching it, he has to find a more clever solution.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Yeah, he's gotta be crazy insane strong.

Heroic Warrior orionpaximusprime's Avatar
    sorry for dredging up older threads, but I was searching for some older topics before I posted my n00b ones....

He-Man should be god like in strength. It's what he is. He doesn't cast spells, he doesn't invent things or have a mechanical neck. He can't fly nor does he have any other gimmick. He's strong. JMO
    By the powet of thundara, Transform and kill cobra... or something.

I'm shocked at the lack of respect for He-Man.

No one would suggest taking Superman's ability to fly, or Batman's detective skills, or Wolverine's ferocity. No one would even suggest taking away Beast Man's ability to control animals, which is no more vital to that character than super strength is to He-Man.

I don't see how you even ask this question, let alone see how so many people think he should be changed. He's not a savage or a barbarian. Eternia isn't Cimmeria. He-Man's the most powerful man in the universe.

I think giving Evil Lyn limitless power with her spells and magic, basically making her more powerful than Skeletor, is a problem.

He-man's not a god. He shouldnt have God-like power and moving planets and etc is that.

Can he smash through a mountain? Sure. Should he be moving worlds? No.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm shocked at the lack of respect for He-Man.

No one would suggest taking Superman's ability to fly, or Batman's detective skills, or Wolverine's ferocity. No one would even suggest taking away Beast Man's ability to control animals, which is no more vital to that character than super strength is to He-Man.

I don't see how you even ask this question, let alone see how so many people think he should be changed. He's not a savage or a barbarian. Eternia isn't Cimmeria. He-Man's the most powerful man in the universe.

I think giving Evil Lyn limitless power with her spells and magic, basically making her more powerful than Skeletor, is a problem.
    It's not a lack of respect. If He-Man is too powerful, then he doesn't need any allies and all of his enemies are jokes. If anything, toning down He-Man's powers from ridiculous levels (moving moons) respects the character even more.

This happened with Superman before they revamped him in 1986. Before the revamp, all of Superman's foes were guys in business suits and anyone encountering Superman HAD to have Kryptonite on them to even give him a challenge. Superman was so powerful, he could collide with the planet at full speed and destroy it.

Nowadays, Superman is a helluva lot more interesting. Despite being vastly powerful, he has limits to what he can do, he has enemies on his level (Metallo, Darkseid, Doomsday, Parasite, Bizarro) and Kryptonite is rare.

I'm not saying He-Man shouldn't be super strong, all I'm saying is if he's too strong, then Skeletor, Hordak, King Hiss and everyone else is a joke and he absolutely has nothing to worry about.

He-Man should be able to beat The Hulk up (working up a sweat in the process) and even Superman, although that may take the "ulocking of Grayskull's secrets. I always thought of the powers of Grayskull as being essentially God-like strength, but only a tiny portion of it would be unleashed into Adam as He-Man at a time, unless called for. He can't have absolute power all the time, but in order to do good...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

It is silly but he is the most powerful man, so he must move and break whatever he wants

I like him as "The most powerful man in the universe."
    It doesn't mean he should move moons, but he should be more powerful than any man in the universe. Being more powerful doesn't always mean being the baddest dude around. Bruce Lee was half my size & he'd most likely mop the floor with me.

As for He-Man fighting Skeletor's minions, he shouldn't have too much trouble with them. They're a better foil for the other Masters. Skeletor is a match for He-Man due to his fighting prowess & his ability to use black magic.

Just my thoughts.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Hulk/Superman level.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

"In the Middle! Strong as hell, but not impossibly strong." - he always was for me.

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I love what myp & mvcomics did in 200x.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Snappy Threader
    I voted in the middle. Sometimes the planet moving stuff was a bit hokey, but for sure more than a normal fellow.

I voted no, just to be contrary.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

He-Man=The most powerful man in the Universe. So in my eyes He-Man IS Stupid Strong.....always will be. So he punches through mts & moves a planet. Why stop there. I want him stopping asteroids from hitting Eternia. I want him re-positioning Eternia's entire galaxy b/c the the fate of their planets climate depends on it. I don't know, He-Mans gotta have goals right?