Thread: SDCC VS MattyCollector?

SDCC VS MattyCollector?

I see how the DCUC Wonder Twins 2-pack is going to be different on MattyCollector from what is offered at the SDCC(No monkey). Was there any differences between the King Grayskull(regular and "statue" variant) and Faker offered at the Cons and what was sold on MattyCollector? Is there supposed to be any difference between the SDCC He-Ro and the MattyCollector one?

I hope this isn't the case. The impossible to find toys due to the awful Mattel retail distribution and the overload of variants is what made me drop the 2002 Masters line pretty quickly. I was hoping MattyCollector was going to put an end to this(although the 1 King Grayskull variant and the too quickly sell out of Faker may prove that it still isn't the perfect venue for collectors either).

***Toyguru hinted that there will be a chase He-Ro with a different colored jewel in his staff. Nothing has been said yet to specifically indicate there will be a He-Ro sold on Matty that differs from the one at SDCC. So far, all we know is leftover He-Ro figures will be sold on Matty Collector after the convention is over***
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I see how the DCUC Wonder Twins 2-pack is going to be different on MattyCollector from what is offered at the SDCC(No monkey). Was there any differences between the King Grayskull(regular and "statue" variant) and Faker offered at the Cons and what was sold on MattyCollector? Is there supposed to be any difference between the SDCC He-Ro and the MattyCollector one?

I hope this isn't the case. The impossible to find toys due to the awful Mattel retail distribution and the overload of variants is what made me drop the 2002 Masters line pretty quickly. I was hoping MattyCollector was going to put an end to this(although the 1 King Grayskull variant and the too quickly sell out of Faker may prove that it still isn't the perfect venue for collectors either).
    I hope this experience makes Mattel reconsider exactly WHAT they make exclusive. That's like having Prince Adam and Cringer as a Con Exclusive, but only selling Adam at Mattycollector. (You think the DCUC fans are outraged now, imagine MOTUC fans if that were to happen?)

If anything, just have things that sweeten the figures as bonus things, the icing on the cake. But never withhold essential characters or accessories.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

This decision could harm MattyCollector sales too. I for one would rather pay extra on ebay to get Gleek, than miss out on him.

It'd be a shame if this happens in the future to MOTUC as well.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; April 3, 2009 at 05:19pm.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I hope this experience makes Mattel reconsider exactly WHAT they make exclusive. That's like having Prince Adam and Cringer as a Con Exclusive, but only selling Adam at Mattycollector. (You think the DCUC fans are outraged now, imagine MOTUC fans if that were to happen?)

If anything, just have things that sweeten the figures as bonus things, the icing on the cake. But never withhold essential characters or accessories.
    Yea... i agree that would suck a lot! i feel bad for them. I really hope the He-ro difference, if there ends up being one, is more of a color variation thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Is there supposed to be any difference between the SDCC He-Ro and the MattyCollector one?
    I believe it's been implied that the only difference between the two will be the color of the crystal in his staff.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I believe it's been implied that the only difference between the two will be the color of the crystal in his staff.
    If that is the case than that is fine. I can deal with having a green crystal over say a blue one. The changing of an accessory color is very insignificant to me.

As long as they don't do to MOTUC what they are doing to DCUC. I like the Adam/Cringer example but just think next year it could be a Sorceress exclusive with a Zoar. I agree with MegaGearMax, they should not make the people who cannot go to these cons miss out on key members of the line.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes