Thread: Potential Reuse of He-Ro's Parts

Potential Reuse of He-Ro's Parts

Hello Fellow Masters,

I would like to start out by saying that I am extremely excited about the fact that the SDCC exclusive figure will be He-Ro! I have always wanted one, but can't afford the prices of the custom vintage ones which pop up on eBay on occasions.

With that said, I was looking at the photographs of He-Ro shown here and on Facebook. The sculpting and design are awesome. I wanted to know, what are your thoughts of the potential reuse of He-Ro's parts? It is obvious that Mattel is already making use of the power sword, which will be seen multiple times within this line. I do not think that the staff or the head sculpt will be reused, but what about the armor, trunks, or boots? I think that Mattel has the potential to reuse these parts in multiple ways.

Potential use for the Boots:
    Laser Power He-man
    NA He-Man

Potential use for the Trunks:
    NA figures
    Bow?
    Dragstor
    Flying Fist He-Man

Potential use for the Armor:
    Flying Fist He-man
    Hordak (maybe the back portion of the armor)

These are just a few of the ideas that crossed my mind. Anyone agree, disagree, or have any ideas to add?

(P.S. I know I am redundant in the use of POTENTIAL)

Classic & 200X fan
    Those feet and loincloth, maybe 200X Zodak.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope not.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafos View Post
    Those feet and loincloth, maybe 200X Zodak.
    I've been saying that since before we saw this new He-Ro. It would be easy to do that add a new staff, head and helmet and sell ZodaK- Zor, Ju-An-Ker whatever the hell Mattel decide to call him.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I'm going with BOW since he has that Bow-ish potential!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I don't understand how he looks anything like bow other then they both kinda look like Barbie's boy toy and they share each others love of gold.

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    I don't understand how he looks anything like bow other then they both kinda look like Barbie's boy toy and they share each others love of gold.
    A slight retooling of the armor could get you closer to the classic Bow figure (since he came with a gold chestplate that covered that heart-adorned chainmail half-shirt). The hips could be painted all blue, and some have said the head could be reused for Bow as well (since the classic figure came with a little gold elastic headband).

I don't really see it either, though. I think it's the color scheme, honestly, that brings up similarities. (gold armor, red cape, blue "pants)

Somebody in another thread mentioned the lower-legs being used for Trap-Jaw / Man-E-Faces / Roboto, and I hope that doesn't happen ... they're too "Roman Legionnaire" for those characters (in my ever-so-humble opinion).

I'm pretty sure that we're gonna see his sword being reused as She-Ra's sword, just like they used the same sword for King Grayskull and He-Man.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

He-ro's proto-type looks as though he has roboto's pelvis.If it is indeed his then they can use the pelvis for Roboto,SSSqueeze,Sy-clone and Man-E-Faces since I think they all shared the pelvis,I could be wrong though.

His cape could be used for Marzo or Bow.

In my opinion, NA He-Man = Not Acceptable He-Man

check two one two

Staff of Avion
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nutnog View Post
    In my opinion, NA He-Man = Not Acceptable He-Man

check two one two
    Well, in my opinion, NA He-Man = Need A He-Man (from the New Adventures)!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I'm pretty sure that we're gonna see his sword being reused as She-Ra's sword, just like they used the same sword for King Grayskull and He-Man.
    I honestly hope that does NOT end up being the case. Given the coloring on the sword and the complete lack of a jewel on it, it looks nothing like any previous existing incarnation of She-Ra's sword at all, aside from having the basic power sword shape/mold.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I posted that after I was shown a pic which indicated the sword to have a jewel. Thus, I assumed we'd see the weapon being repainted for She-Ra. If there ain't a jewel, it definitely ain't supposed to become She-Ra's sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    He-ro's proto-type looks as though he has roboto's pelvis.If it is indeed his then they can use the pelvis for Roboto,SSSqueeze,Sy-clone and Man-E-Faces since I think they all shared the pelvis,I could be wrong though.

His cape could be used for Marzo or Bow.
    I like the idea of Roboto and Sy-clone!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Well, I think it depends which Bow figure you compare it too. If you look at the picture below and imagine He-ro's legs blue instead of skin I think a lot of parts could be used.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Zodak (200X)
    Man-E-Faces
    Trap-Jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Well, I think it depends which Bow figure you compare it too. If you look at the picture below and imagine He-ro's legs blue instead of skin I think a lot of parts could be used.
    Boots: only similarity is the shape, the detailing is way to different from each other.

Pelvis. He-Ro has techno looking shorts, Bow has tights on and a would need a new belt and probably a different styled articulation so it looks like tights)

Arm bands: different, shape size and design. He-Ro's are symmetrical (presumably, the 1987 figure was at least) Bow has an arm band and a a glove.

armor: different shape, size and design. Additionally, Bow's armor is removable and has a shirt/cape thing going on He-Ro is either painted on gold tank top or is bare chested under the armor.

Superficially they look the same if you look at small photos of them for a second. Inspect them and the only similarities are color scheme, cape, hair cut & color, blue eyes and they both kind of look like a Ken doll.

BOW - Son of He-Ro

Ha, now THAT would be a new show!

Yeah, I agree that there are no parts that can be reused for He-Ro. It's only the color scheme hinting "Bow" in our minds.
    Well if anything, depending on how th 4H sculpted it, maybe the cape can be reused

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Yeah, I agree that there are no parts that can be reused for He-Ro. It's only the color scheme hinting "Bow" in our minds.
    Well if anything, depending on how th 4H sculpted it, maybe the cape can be reused
    Then lets just saw that I wouldn't mind if they would reuse the golden armour with a new front, boots, cloth and forearms. This would look like Bow is part of a elite guard started by or based on He-ro in the past

That would make a very cool continuity in my canon