Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Official" MOTUC Stratos Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The "Official" MOTUC Stratos Discussion Thread

Who's hoping that Stratos will have some upwards neck articulation? Y'know, so we can pose him flying?

I guess posing capeless King Grayskull figures like Stratos will give us an idea of the possible poses.

Will there be a Caucasian variant with Beast Man feet, like the old mini-comics?

Discuss!

*** UPDATED! - September 15th ***

Toyguru just sent over some great JPGs.
    Check 'em out below.

Statos - Front shot
    Stratos - w/ classic Stratos
    Startos - Rear shot
    Stratos - w/ MOTUC Skeletor

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

A big fan of Slush Head
    I am dying to see Stratos. I bet he looks awesome. So far all MOTUC have been amazing and I am sure Stratos will be no different.

I like what you said about the neck articulation, that would be kinda sweet. But I don't think he'll have it though. I hope we get two versions of Stratos the blue wings and the red wings.

I can't wait for mid September!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Yeah I think that Stratos will be just as awesome as the rest so far! It will be interesting though, to see what his feet look like. Will he have more human like feet or will he have the beast feet like on Beast Man? Hurry up mid September!!!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Yeah I think that Stratos will be just as awesome as the rest so far! It will be interesting though, to see what his feet look like. Will he have more human like feet or will he have the beast feet like on Beast Man? Hurry up mid September!!!
    just look at the original cardback picture; his feet are different from beastman's. I'm sure the new stratos will look like that, given that Zodak & merman look quite different from one another even though the original figures shared most of their parts.
    As far as the wings/jetpack, i hope they pack both colors in, or else go with the red wings, blue jetpack, since it was the most common version used.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

A little over a week to go till Stratos is shown. The countdown continues...
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

As some others have mentioned, I hope there is an articulated neck so he can look forward while flying. However, since I only display them I'm not too worried. I know he will be great looking and I cant wait to see him. Love the style and everything about this new line. Can not wait!
    Now Let me return the favor..... By DESTROYING YOU!!!!!

even though i never bothered stringing up any of the toys i had of flying characters (for diaramas), i would like it if his head could look up for flying poses. it always seemed like a no-brainer for flying characters to be able to look up if you ever wanted to put them in a flying pose, but very few toys allow you to do it. what's the deal with that?

Stratos has always been one of my favorite characters. I'm very much looking forward to his MotUC incarnation.

Although I only really care about red winged Stratos, I would probably buy a bluewinged on to use as another Avionian, or as the evil Avionian depicted in the early mini comics.

…I love Classics…
    …but 200X is my Masters of the Universe...
    { My Band | Twitter Me! | MastersCast | Lioncourt's Musings | Ping Me }

I cant wait to see the stratos preview figure, sure will be amazing like all MOTUc shown til today.

@ Mike Bock:
    wow dude, nice slush head aka kalamarr avatar!!!
    My collection: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/leo_skeletor/

EL HEAVY NO ES VIOLENCIA

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by leo_skeletor View Post
    @ Mike Bock:
    wow dude, nice slush head aka kalamarr avatar!!!
    Thank you buddy!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I think they should pack the figure with alternative wings and jetpack. That way we can display color scheme which we prefer. And only have to purchase 1 figure.
    Thought he looked very cool on the card back but head sculpt made him look like an apeman.

Can't wait to see this figure... I love both the classic and 2002 versions, so will definately be looking forward to seeing what this version will look like

Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post
    I think they should pack the figure with alternative wings and jetpack. That way we can display color scheme which we prefer. And only have to purchase 1 figure.
    Yeah, that actually would be a fantastic idea, and would please almost everyone. I would be sorely tempted to buy two anyway for display purposes.

…I love Classics…
    …but 200X is my Masters of the Universe...
    { My Band | Twitter Me! | MastersCast | Lioncourt's Musings | Ping Me }

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I guess posing capeless King Grayskull figures like Stratos will give us an idea of the possible poses.
    Not really. Even with the cape off his head is restricted badly by the hair sculpt. I think between the head and torso Stratos will be fine for flying poses tho. Since the 4H have made all the flying characters in DCUC able to look straitht up I think they will in this line too.

Who's hoping that Stratos will have some upwards neck articulation? Y'know, so we can pose him flying?
    He'll most likely have the ball joint neck. So yes, you will be able to move his head up for flying.

He doesn't have all the hair and such to get in the way of the neck articulation.

Now it would really be slick if they did a dumbell ball and socket joint in the neck/head.
    That's basically to say you have a ball and socket going down into the body, and it can move around, then the top of that piece is a ball, to go into the socket under the head.

Xetheus of the Seventh Kingdom has this and it allows his head to "rock" back and forth on the neck post, so he really can look up and down nicely.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

One of my favorites from the original and the 200x line was Stratos. I can't wait to see how they do his wings--they probably won't be molded to the arms but clips sort of how we see beastman...should be a definate classic.
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

Yea it will be good to finally see him.

The bll jointed neck would be a good idea but it may be too late. production could already be in production.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Stratos was one of my 1st figures as a kid. I actually had both versions, the red & blue wings. I recieved both versions for Xmas from my Grandmother & Aunt (along with the He-Man/BattleCat set .) I used to use the blue winged one as an Avion warrior. I am looking forward to Stratos in MOTUC!!

I remember in the Mastering the Universe book Roger Sweet said he didn't much care for Stratos or Zodac , & thought they could have made better designs for them... but to this day, not 1 air warrior design has looked like Stratos, & I think that winged monkey design has so much charm & originality!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I'm hoping that Mattel will release two versions of Stratos in equal numbers. One with blue wings/red jet pack, and one with red wings/blue jet pack. If they do that, I hope they give a choice in ordering the figure. Red, blue or both! If there is to be just one version, then I'd want the blue winged version. That was the one I had as a child, and it wasn't the color scheme used in 200X - lets mix things up a little!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Val, got a question...

If Mer-Man is already known about (SDCC pictures and today's batch), what's going to get revealed on Oct 15th?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

If Mer-Man is already known about (SDCC pictures and today's batch), what's going to get revealed on Oct 15th?
    We'll probably get some more shots of either Mer-Man or Zodac.
    It'll be a while before we see any brand new figures.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    We'll probably get some more shots of either Mer-Man or Zodac.
    It'll be a while before we see any brand new figures.
    This is all speculation on my part, but...
    I would venture to guess that it might be February 2009's NY Toy Fair when we get pictures of any future figures (Teela, Man-At-Arms... ???)...
    If I'm guessing the release dates of what we've been shown thus far...
    He-Man & Beast Man December 15 2008
    Skeletor January 15 2009
    Stratos February 15
    Mer-Man March 15
    Zodac April 15

... then that means the next unseen figure wouldn't be released until May 15 2009. So February (about 3 months or so before May 15) is probably when we'd get new figure pics. Boy, that seems a long ways off, so I hope I'm wrong!

I love him!!! Thank you Mattel !!!!! Thats how the Masters have to look like !!!!
    FIGURE twists for a power punch!

Perfect Deals: FTL@neo-geo.com, Sathomaso, Sl@yer, French Kiki, King Ironic, SimonF, TIRPITZ, Ess7477,

Skeletor and Stratos, Perfect together?

Am I looking too much into it, or is there a reason why Skeletor and Stratos were pictured together? Is this a hint as to the idea that maybe they will be released during the same month? Any ideas?
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Am I looking too much into it, or is there a reason why Skeletor and Stratos were pictured together? Is this a hint as to the idea that maybe they will be released during the same month? Any ideas?
    Yes, you are reading too much into it.
    It's just a photo.