Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Official" MOTUC Stratos Discussion Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The "Official" MOTUC Stratos Discussion Thread

Who's hoping that Stratos will have some upwards neck articulation? Y'know, so we can pose him flying?

I guess posing capeless King Grayskull figures like Stratos will give us an idea of the possible poses.

Will there be a Caucasian variant with Beast Man feet, like the old mini-comics?

Discuss!

*** UPDATED! - September 15th ***

Toyguru just sent over some great JPGs.
    Check 'em out below.

Statos - Front shot
    Stratos - w/ classic Stratos
    Startos - Rear shot
    Stratos - w/ MOTUC Skeletor

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

A big fan of Slush Head
    I am dying to see Stratos. I bet he looks awesome. So far all MOTUC have been amazing and I am sure Stratos will be no different.

I like what you said about the neck articulation, that would be kinda sweet. But I don't think he'll have it though. I hope we get two versions of Stratos the blue wings and the red wings.

I can't wait for mid September!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Yeah I think that Stratos will be just as awesome as the rest so far! It will be interesting though, to see what his feet look like. Will he have more human like feet or will he have the beast feet like on Beast Man? Hurry up mid September!!!

even though i never bothered stringing up any of the toys i had of flying characters (for diaramas), i would like it if his head could look up for flying poses. it always seemed like a no-brainer for flying characters to be able to look up if you ever wanted to put them in a flying pose, but very few toys allow you to do it. what's the deal with that?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I guess posing capeless King Grayskull figures like Stratos will give us an idea of the possible poses.
    Not really. Even with the cape off his head is restricted badly by the hair sculpt. I think between the head and torso Stratos will be fine for flying poses tho. Since the 4H have made all the flying characters in DCUC able to look straitht up I think they will in this line too.

Stratos has always been one of my favorite characters. I'm very much looking forward to his MotUC incarnation.

Although I only really care about red winged Stratos, I would probably buy a bluewinged on to use as another Avionian, or as the evil Avionian depicted in the early mini comics.

…I love Classics…
    …but 200X is my Masters of the Universe...
    { My Band | Twitter Me! | MastersCast | Lioncourt's Musings | Ping Me }

I cant wait to see the stratos preview figure, sure will be amazing like all MOTUc shown til today.

@ Mike Bock:
    wow dude, nice slush head aka kalamarr avatar!!!
    My collection: http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/leo_skeletor/

EL HEAVY NO ES VIOLENCIA

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Who's hoping that Stratos will have some upwards neck articulation? Y'know, so we can pose him flying?
    He'll most likely have the ball joint neck. So yes, you will be able to move his head up for flying.

He doesn't have all the hair and such to get in the way of the neck articulation.

Now it would really be slick if they did a dumbell ball and socket joint in the neck/head.
    That's basically to say you have a ball and socket going down into the body, and it can move around, then the top of that piece is a ball, to go into the socket under the head.

Xetheus of the Seventh Kingdom has this and it allows his head to "rock" back and forth on the neck post, so he really can look up and down nicely.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

One of my favorites from the original and the 200x line was Stratos. I can't wait to see how they do his wings--they probably won't be molded to the arms but clips sort of how we see beastman...should be a definate classic.
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

Yea it will be good to finally see him.

The bll jointed neck would be a good idea but it may be too late. production could already be in production.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Stratos was one of my 1st figures as a kid. I actually had both versions, the red & blue wings. I recieved both versions for Xmas from my Grandmother & Aunt (along with the He-Man/BattleCat set .) I used to use the blue winged one as an Avion warrior. I am looking forward to Stratos in MOTUC!!

I remember in the Mastering the Universe book Roger Sweet said he didn't much care for Stratos or Zodac , & thought they could have made better designs for them... but to this day, not 1 air warrior design has looked like Stratos, & I think that winged monkey design has so much charm & originality!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I'm hoping that Mattel will release two versions of Stratos in equal numbers. One with blue wings/red jet pack, and one with red wings/blue jet pack. If they do that, I hope they give a choice in ordering the figure. Red, blue or both! If there is to be just one version, then I'd want the blue winged version. That was the one I had as a child, and it wasn't the color scheme used in 200X - lets mix things up a little!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by leo_skeletor View Post
    @ Mike Bock:
    wow dude, nice slush head aka kalamarr avatar!!!
    Thank you buddy!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I think they should pack the figure with alternative wings and jetpack. That way we can display color scheme which we prefer. And only have to purchase 1 figure.
    Thought he looked very cool on the card back but head sculpt made him look like an apeman.

Can't wait to see this figure... I love both the classic and 2002 versions, so will definately be looking forward to seeing what this version will look like

Stratos is going to be awesome I'm sure. This is actually the figure my brother is most looking foward to in this line. As a kid Stratos went everywhere with him
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post
    I think they should pack the figure with alternative wings and jetpack. That way we can display color scheme which we prefer. And only have to purchase 1 figure.
    Yeah, that actually would be a fantastic idea, and would please almost everyone. I would be sorely tempted to buy two anyway for display purposes.

…I love Classics…
    …but 200X is my Masters of the Universe...
    { My Band | Twitter Me! | MastersCast | Lioncourt's Musings | Ping Me }

I never had Stratos as a kid, no real reason I just never got him. I've always liked the concept of grabbing figures in this new line that one never had as a kid so getting Stratos for me will be a totally new experience and I totally look forward to it.

I just know he's going to be a favorite! He's a pretty cool character on the good guys and I love my 200X MOC stratos...he's just a fun character to look at!

I'm hoping they pack in interchangeable wings and jetpack too.

I love the idea of interchangable red/blue and blue/red wings/jet pack accessories. Which other kind of "Ye Olde" variants do you folks think would be feasible with this MOTUC line? I'm drawing a blank trying to come up with some off the top of my head...
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

As a kid I never had Stratos either.. so it will be fun to finally get to buy him. Later I hope that they make a Buzz-Off figure as well!

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LionO View Post
    I just know he's going to be a favorite! He's a pretty cool character on the good guys and I love my 200X MOC stratos...he's just a fun character to look at!
    And he sounds like Sean Connery!

I am really excited to see Stratos,
    it was my first figure when I was a kid...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I was thinking the same thing about Stratos, that he has that whole Sean Connery voice going on.. and then again.. I still think that Man-at-Arms looks like Tom Selleck.