Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Official" MOTUC Stratos Discussion Thread

I always liked Stratos. Mostly cause he could fly. I remember getting the original at a drug store. I liked the 200X version, but I hated the flapping arm motion they gave him. I'm glad the released a repaint of him with regular arms. I can't wait to see what the Classics version looks like.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by -= SupernovA =- View Post
    And he sounds like Sean Connery!
    I hate that they made him sound like Sean Connery. It was so out of place. In fact, I dislike most of the 200X voice acting.

Hahaha.. you guys if you happen to be Star Wars fans on the side as well.. would be choked with some of the voices that were used in the Animated Clone Wars movie. They have an Alien that sounds like Sean Connery again.. and a Hutt that sounds like he is from down south.. Louisanna perhaps. I was just waiting for him to say.. "Why I do declare!" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    I hate that they made him sound like Sean Connery. It was so out of place. In fact, I dislike most of the 200X voice acting.
    Seems like you dislike pretty much everything that isn't vintage.

Personally, I loved most...not all...of the 200X voice acting, just as I loved most...but not all...of the Filmation acting. We've been blessed to ahve some stellar actors in most incarnations of MotU.

Stratos's voice in 200X was awesome, and didn't feel out of place at all. Never understood why people expect everyone on an alien planet to sound like they're from the USA. Southern drawls and such would've been out of place, but European accents, by at large, mostly fit in a world of sword and sorcerery and medieval mindsets.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Lioncourt does have a good point.. considering that the look of He-Man is old world Medieval.. so European accents fit in.. never really thought of it that way before.. but it makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    Stratos's voice in 200X was awesome, and didn't feel out of place at all. Never understood why people expect everyone on an alien planet to sound like they're from the USA. Southern drawls and such would've been out of place, but European accents, by at large, mostly fit in a world of sword and sorcerery and medieval mindsets.
    My thoughts exactly. Stratos' voice in fact was one of my favorites of the entire show.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Stratos' voice in fact was one of my favorites of the entire show.
    Mine too. There were very few voices in the MYP show that I didn't care for. Orko was one.

On accents again, though, that's why I wasn't too fond of Moss-Man's voice in the MYP show. He had a slight American southern drawl that just felt totally out of place. JMHO.

And, also, this is why I don't like Rio Blast. He doesn't fit in MotU at all. I have nothing against westerns or cowboys or anything of that nature...I just don't believe it fits in MotU. Same goes for all the Samarai stuff or Ninjor.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Eh, I think there's room in Eternia for all of it.
    Samurais, cowboys, bring 'em all on! One thing I'm psyched about this new MOTUC line is that it's going back to the classics. One thing that burned me up about the 2002 line very early on was an interview with one of the Mattel folks in Lee's or one of those toy mags where he was quoted as saying that the 2002 incarnation of MOTU would be doing away with characters "like Rio Blast"...
    The idea that they would rule out Rio Blast while giving us disco inferno Skeletor and all the other variants irked me to no end. I don't forget stuff like that... ever
    And while I do think the NECA/4H staction of Rio Blast on it's own is a genuine piece of art, I don't quite like the whole Terminator cyborg route they went with him. It was a bit... too much. So I'm psyched at the thought of getting a neo classic version of him in the MOTUC line
    Oh, wait... this is the Stratos anticipation thread... LOL.
    Okay, yeah- I'm excited for ol' Stratos too. But I can't decide which wing color I'd prefer- red, or blue.

I liked Stratos' voice in the MYP series, and I don't think any accent was or would have been out of place. Actually, Stratos and Moss Man were two of my favorites.

Anyway, is Stratos in the MOTUC line going to use the Beast Man body? It's my understanding that if characters shared parts in the '80s, they'll share them now. If that's indeed the case, the head sculpt and color scheme should be the unknown here, not the entire figure.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Yeah I think that Stratos will be just as awesome as the rest so far! It will be interesting though, to see what his feet look like. Will he have more human like feet or will he have the beast feet like on Beast Man? Hurry up mid September!!!
    just look at the original cardback picture; his feet are different from beastman's. I'm sure the new stratos will look like that, given that Zodak & merman look quite different from one another even though the original figures shared most of their parts.
    As far as the wings/jetpack, i hope they pack both colors in, or else go with the red wings, blue jetpack, since it was the most common version used.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

A little over a week to go till Stratos is shown. The countdown continues...
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

As some others have mentioned, I hope there is an articulated neck so he can look forward while flying. However, since I only display them I'm not too worried. I know he will be great looking and I cant wait to see him. Love the style and everything about this new line. Can not wait!
    Now Let me return the favor..... By DESTROYING YOU!!!!!

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    I'm really looking forward to Stratos too!!

I loved mine as a kid. He was alway used when I played. Also, I've noticed everybody talking about the Red/Blue wings and jet packs. I got mine used from a toy store, and he had a red jetpack and red wings. I thought it looked really cool all in red. I didn't even realize he didn't come that way til I started coming to this sight.

So I really don't care which colors they use for the wings/jetpack. But I do agree that an extra pack in of the alternate colors would be a great idea.
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

I can't wait to see Stratos! What is the date that he'll be shown? I really hope he looks just like the card-back/ ape Man. I am also hoping we'll get Hawk as well since she appeared in the MYP cartoon.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Stratos is my favourite of the Heroic Warriors, I'm looking forward to seeing him but am a little disappointed he will have the Beast Man body, hopefully he'll look better then I'm imagining.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I know this is a longshot at this point, but I'd still like to see his photo even if he get's pushed back with the rest... It'll keep that glazed expression of awe on my face for another 3 months!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior
    If memory serves me right, I believe Stratos was the 2nd figure I got as a kid. Man-E-faces was my first. I saw a kid at school with it, and got him first, then Stratos and Zodac next.

I wonder if they'll make more "human" feet for him and just reuse the Beastman furry body. I like what the figures have looked like so far, so I doubt I'll be disappointed.

So tomorrow is the day?
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    So tomorrow is the day?
    I was crossing my fingers that they might put the pics up at midnight. Hey, techincally that would be Monday.

I think pics should be posted at 12:00 am EST.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I can't wait to see him. I bet he is going to look amazing.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I was crossing my fingers that they might put the pics up at midnight. Hey, techincally that would be Monday.
    Me too.

Hopefully they'll show him in a flying pose. Maybe his neck can pivot upwards.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Check back tomorrow evening EST for pics.
    We still have to get them from Mattel tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Check back tomorrow evening EST for pics.
    We still have to get them from Mattel tomorrow.
    Ahhh. Well there's an answer straight from the horse's mouth. Can't wait for tomorrow evening!!

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    If memory serves me right, I believe Stratos was the 2nd figure I got as a kid. Man-E-faces was my first. I saw a kid at school with it, and got him first, then Stratos and Zodac next.

I wonder if they'll make more "human" feet for him and just reuse the Beastman furry body. I like what the figures have looked like so far, so I doubt I'll be disappointed.
    I'm guessing they'll reuse the entire body sculpt... which is awesome!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.