Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Official" MOTUC Stratos Discussion Thread

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvs3 View Post
    check back tomorrow evening est for pics.
    We still have to get them from mattel tomorrow.
    yay!!!!!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I wonder if they'll make more "human" feet for him and just reuse the Beastman furry body. I like what the figures have looked like so far, so I doubt I'll be disappointed.
    I was wondering if they were going for the whole winged monkey 200X feet, the classic "sock-like feet with no toes from the 8-back or the Beastman feet from the mini-comics (for that, we might as well have a caucasian colored Stratos from the mini-comics, if he was going to have the Beastman feet)?

Hopefully it's not a straight up repaint.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I imagine that, since Stratos is an early figure in this line, that he'll just be a repaint using Beast Man's body just like the original figure was- that's pretty much what we've been told by Mattel since the get-go that this is line re-using parts quite heavilly just like the classics. I can't see them giving him all new sculpted feet...

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I imagine that, since Stratos is an early figure in this line, that he'll just be a repaint using Beast Man's body just like the original figure was- that's pretty much what we've been told by Mattel since the get-go that this is line re-using parts quite heavilly just like the classics. I can't see them giving him all new sculpted feet...

Mer-Man's neck suggests that the 4H might possibly go the extra mile on the repaints...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Mer-Man's neck suggests that the 4H might possibly go the extra mile on the repaints...
    True... but... feet? I dunno about that one... maybe it's because I'm not much of a foot person...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    [IMG]Mer-Man's neck suggests that the 4H might possibly go the extra mile on the repaints...
    Exactly! Even though these figures share many parts, I think the 4H will add things here and there to make figures more individual from one another. Merman's neck and upper chest are a prime example.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

can't wait for the update to go up

First post in this thread updated!
    With September 15th images of Stratos.

Please refer to that post to see photos; please don't quote images in your replies.
    Thanks!

Aaawww....he doesn't have toes!

He still looks great, though!

STRATOS IS IN DA HOUSE!!!!!

I was hoping they wouldn't give him the Beastman feet! It wasn't on the original cardback. No knuckle beams...I guess Stratos shot through his bracelet. Never realized the chest harness was so different...

I gotta say, he's good. So far, I think MOTUC is 4 for 2.

I'll be keeping the cardback head, instead of the original figure head on Mer-Man.

Er, Val? How come Skeletor is a little taller?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 15, 2008 at 03:08pm.

WHOA! Stratos looks great! I can't wait till he is released. So far these figures are looking great! Even Mer-Man's other head is great. Ok, now we need to see Teela!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    First post in this thread updated!
    With September 15th images of Stratos.

Please refer to that post to see photos; please don't quote images in your replies.
    Thanks!
    Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. And thanks to Mattel and He-Man.org for making this happen.

And Stratos looks freakin' sweet!

i am pleased.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Hey JVS3, thanks for the pics! Stratos looks awesome just as I expected.
    And Skeletor looks better than ever...

Just curious, aren't we also getting a Toyguru interview today too or has it been forwarded because Toyguru's armor wasn't removable?

As for Stratos, I'm kinda worried that people who didn't like skeletors will basically say the same about Stratos. I personally think it's awesome, esp. with those feet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Stratos' eyes seem to be made of some kind of shiny, reflective plastic. That's a nice touch.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Stratos looks awesome, I'm very pleased with him...UNTIL I saw the pic of him standing beside Skeletor. Why is Stratos so short?! I thought it was already stated all characters in the line will be the exact same size with no scale variation...

Stratos is a good inch (which would translate to a foot) shorter than Skeletor!

That means Beastman is that much shorter than everyone too, and he's supposed to be MASSIVE, not the size of a child or teen compared to an adult. This is very saddening.

I thought Beastman and He-Man were the same size, but Beasty just looked shorter because he had bent knees, spread legs pose...
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 15, 2008 at 03:17pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Stratos is amazing! so vivid and retro. I don't know what to think of the boots/toe-less feet But It's all good, MOTU is wacky, so it all fits. The picture with Skeletor is great. Also nice to see the new Mer-Man 2nd head.

I cannot wait for these to come out, it seems ages away

I'm so impatient to see a cardback Teela and MAA now.

I decided (with Toyguru's okay) to push the interview to tomorrow so we could just enjoy the photos today.

I got the last WTFWTK questions in late because I was travelling, so we don't get those replies until October 1st. So I'm trying to spread out the love a little bit.

Stratos is freaking beautiful! MOTUC is going to be the best toyline EVER! Every one is freaking AWESOME!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Stratos looks absolutely amazing!! The jet pack is cool and I love how his wings look...give you an idea of what they'll be able to do with the Sorceress.

Merman's other head is cool, but I think I'll be displaying him with his "card back" head.

As for Skeletor SEEMING to be taller than Stratos...Skeletor is stranding fully erect, Stratos' legs are bent. I'm sure if Stratos were standing like Skeletor is he'd be the same height.

In all I'm very pleased with the way the figures are looking. I'm really optimistic for the future of MotUC. Also...as someone else pointed out...wasn't there supposed to be some sort of interview with Toyguru posted as well? Will that be coming later this evening?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I LOVE IT!
    Yet another great figure from the 4HM.
    (he looks shorter because his knees are bent and skeletors are straight)
    i'm sure they are the same.
    Most Powerful Man In The Universe

yeah the hieght thing has me a little worried although maybe skelly is on the same scale as greyskull and is not sharing he-man's body but that would still leave skully towering over beastman

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I thought Beastman and He-Man were the same size, but Beasty just looked shorter because he had bent knees, spread legs pose...
    Take another look...Stratos' knees are bent whereas Skeletors are locked-straight.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Hey Everyone,

I have to say that I totally love the Stratos figure! He truly is another fantastic addition to the new "MotU:C" line! Thank you again Mattel. D

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Even if Stratos and Beast Man are slightly shorter (not saying they are, as they're both bent-legged), I'm not worried. It doesn't really bother me.

The sculpts themselves are so outstanding that it's hard to not be pleased. And there are lots of ways to interpret MOTU characters. Just because Beast Man was huge in 200X doesn't mean MOTUC has to make him huge. He wasn't huge in the Filmation cartoon. He was actually hunched and shorter, similar to the pictures of the MOTUC figure we've seen.