Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Costco Volume one box?? Help?

  1. #1
    Master of Backwards! Backwards Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Regina, Sk.
    Posts
    2,032

    Costco Volume one box?? Help?

    I have a hard time imaging what this will look like..is it a cardboard box?
    and will it be available at Canadian Costco's??

  2. #2
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,679
    It was the first I heard of it as well.

    BCI Guy? Can you, will you spill the beans?
    I'd like to know too.

  3. #3
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    It was the first I heard of it as well.

    BCI Guy? Can you, will you spill the beans?
    I'd like to know too.
    Nothing too fancy. Costco requires all DVDs to be in ~12" tall boxes because of the type of bins they use.

    So all we did was adapt the art for the slipcase into a tall box. The actual slipcased digipak fits snugly inside of it, so when you open it up you get the same thing as everyone else.

  4. #4
    Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Home of the Power Tour
    Posts
    2,501
    I love that you guys have got a lot more stores selling the Season 1 boxset! I hope this thing flys off the shelf!

    For someone who has never seen one of these DVD holders - think of the old cardboard CD holders that you would see at the mall.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior GR81's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    ChillTown
    Posts
    2,433
    GR81 says:

    So it will be availbe in Canada too that means?

    BCI_Guy, is it fair to assume that all costco in Canada (Quebec to be sure) will have it in store? Or its really up to Costco themself to determine witch store gets them in?
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,021
    If you purchase the dvds online from Costco and Sam Goody,do you still get the cel,from Sam Goody,and the special box,from Costco?

  7. #7
    Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Home of the Power Tour
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Nothing too fancy. Costco requires all DVDs to be in ~12" tall boxes because of the type of bins they use.

    So all we did was adapt the art for the slipcase into a tall box. The actual slipcased digipak fits snugly inside of it, so when you open it up you get the same thing as everyone else.
    Does anyone have one of these boxes they picked up in Canada? I never got to see the slipcase back in the day. Seems like it would be a cool rarity to have for the OOP DVD set.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

  8. #8
    This-Guy crashdiary27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    575
    I work in the costco tire shop...man i would have been all over it.

  9. #9
    Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Home of the Power Tour
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by crashdiary27 View Post
    I work in the costco tire shop...man i would have been all over it.
    I think they only did it for the Canadian shipments, but I could be wrong.

    Just had my wife's car tires replaced at my local Costco thanks to awesome guys like you!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

  10. #10
    This-Guy crashdiary27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    I think they only did it for the Canadian shipments, but I could be wrong.

    Just had my wife's car tires replaced at my local Costco thanks to awesome guys like you!
    Ha... Glad to hear it went well!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •