Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Filmation Soundtrack CD - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!

They probably do it according to their personal favorites
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_SLUMP View Post
    They probably do it according to their personal favorites
    Possible.

Can anyone else ask for clarification here:
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boar...8275&archive=0

Registration takes about few seconds. No e-mail confirmation.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

He-Guy and SeltenSelten33, thanks for the download. I hope some day that someone will get around to releasing an official box set of the music, there was tons of music from both of those shows, tons.

Quote Originally Posted by mattarga View Post
    He-Guy and SeltenSelten33, thanks for the download. I hope some day that someone will get around to releasing an official box set of the music, there was tons of music from both of those shows, tons.
    can't they also have the original composer re record stuff? IF he kept the music sheets..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    can't they also have the original composer re record stuff? IF he kept the music sheets..
    The problem is, who knows who the original composer actually was?

It certainly wasn't Haim Saban—that's 100% for sure. He's just an avaricious businessman with zero sense of ethics that's made a fortune by profiting from the work of others through royalty schemes, while paying the real authors next to nothing. He's not a musician by any stretch of the imagination—let alone a talented one. He's only talented at being a total jerk.

And as for Shuki Levy, although he is a musician, I doubt he had much actual involvement in many of the cartoon soundtracks he's been credited in. There's no way he could have actually composed about a dozen cartoon soundtracks in 1983-1984, plus countless others before and after, including years like 1987 and 1989 where he was credited in around 10 soundtracks per year. Taking his résumé at face value, one has to believe that Shuki Levy was incessantly churning out music from 1983 to 1999 at that rate of about one full soundtrack from scratch to finish every other month. No way he's been that talented and prolific.

Besides, there appear to have been two distinct composers working on separate parts of the MotU soundtrack, since there's a stark stylistic and qualitative contrast between the earlier orchestral-dominated themes and the later synthesizer-laden themes. So even if Shuki Levy composed some of that music, he certainly didn't compose all of it (unless he suffered from Jekyll & Hyde syndrome, acting like a remarkably talented composer capable of daring textures and superb orchestration one day, only to morph into a rather mediocre one resorting to simplistic run-of-the-mill synth tunes the next).

I don't think the names of the real ghostwriters behind these pieces of music will ever surface. Most probably, not even Haim Saban would be able (nor willing) to tell, since he has hired and exploited the talents of countless uncredited people and he certainly didn't care one bit about them to remember their names long after, even though to this day he's still reaping handsome profits from their work.

There's a guy out there (a professional musician), who all by himself has recreated and recorded parts of the Ulysses 31 soundtrack to near perfection. However, I don't know if he would be interested in recreating the best pieces from the MotU soundtrack that remain inaccessible.

Other than that, our only hope is that, rather than pointlessly wait for the original sound tapes to be recovered that were probably destroyed, the idea of searching for an overseas dubbing print of the cartoon eventually strikes someone at La-La Land Records. This cartoon has been dubbed into many languages in many countries (even into different dialects of the same language, and into minority languages), which means countless dubbing prints without the English spoken dialogue must have been produced and distributed to foreign local stations (I know for a fact that at least four dubbing copies were distributed in Spain alone, since the show was dubbed into Castilian Spanish for a VHS-only release, into Galician for broadcast by the regional TVG station, into Catalan by the regional TV3 station, and into Basque by the regional ETB station; and I'm aware of many other dubs such as: Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Swedish, Polish, Slovene, Serbocroat... and I think there's even a dub in Mandarin Chinese). There has to be some dubbing print left somewhere from which the soundtrack without the overlaid spoken dialogue can be extracted (and I wouldn't really mind if some of the special-effect sounds/noises remained scattered here and there on some of the tracks, since some of those effects are also interesting in themselves and I don't think they distract from the enjoyment of the music the way spoken dialogue does).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    The problem is, who knows who the original composer actually was?

And as for Shuki Levy, although he is a musician, I doubt he had much actual involvement in many of the cartoon soundtracks he's been credited in. There's no way he could have actually composed about a dozen cartoon soundtracks in 1983-1984, plus countless others before and after, including years like 1987 and 1989 where he was credited in around 10 soundtracks per year. Taking his résumé at face value, one has to believe that Shuki Levy was incessantly churning out music from 1983 to 1999 at that rate of about one full soundtrack from scratch to finish every other month. No way he's been that talented and prolific.

Besides, there appear to have been two distinct composers working on separate parts of the MotU soundtrack, since there's a stark stylistic and qualitative contrast between the earlier orchestral-dominated themes and the later synthesizer-laden themes...
    It is common practice for big name composers/conductors to have understudies who do the heavy lifting while the credit goes to the big name. They're a troupe. It's the way the industry works. Trust me, I know from first-hand experience as an understudy.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Taking his résumé at face value, one has to believe that Shuki Levy was incessantly churning out music from 1983 to 1999 at that rate of about one full soundtrack from scratch to finish every other month. No way he's been that talented and prolific.
    Perhaps, but it should be noted that he was composing stock music, not unique music for each episode.

Besides, there appear to have been two distinct composers working on separate parts of the MotU soundtrack, since there's a stark stylistic and qualitative contrast between the earlier orchestral-dominated themes and the later synthesizer-laden themes. So even if Shuki Levy composed some of that music, he certainly didn't compose all of it (unless he suffered from Jekyll & Hyde syndrome, acting like a remarkably talented composer capable of daring textures and superb orchestration one day, only to morph into a rather mediocre one resorting to simplistic run-of-the-mill synth tunes the next).
    Same change of style occurred with 80's Lucky Luke cartoon. The music at first was very similar in style to music heard on He-Man but eventually became more like She-Ra.

It might be possible that another model of synthesizers were used later on which resulted in a different sound.

Curiously, his (or someone else's) previous work on Bomber X has a theme which has a similar sounding beginning as that of Jayce and wheeled warriors, which, as you likely know, what done after She-Ra:

There has to be some dubbing print left somewhere from which the soundtrack without the overlaid spoken dialogue can be extracted
    There's no need to search for it. That's been preserved precisely for dubbing purposes and Classic media has it, but it's unlikely any record company will bother with extraction of the themes.

Anyway, if Shuki Levy DIDN'T compose He-Man, perhaps Henry Mancini did? Yes, THAT Henry Mancini. His theme for one of the seasons of Remington Steele bears striking resemblance to He-Man's theme (there was a thread about it a long time ago):

What makes it odd is that the season for which it was composed debuted practically at the same time as the first episode of He-Man (in US, that is. Mere 10 days apart) which ought to reduce chances of a rip off to absolute 0.

Now unless it's some bizarre coincidence, perhaps if was Henry's way of saying "Hey. Those cartoon shows... I composed 'em". The budget of cartoon shows might explain the lack of his usual full orchestra.

EDIT:
    Oh, yeah, two themes originate from Mr T cartoon. Now what's special there is that the style is NOTHING like He-Man nor She-Ra ('cept those two themes, well one actually, the other sticked out like a sore thumb in She-Ra) despite the music being composed at the same time as He-Man!

Skip to 5:20 to hear one of the theme recycled for She-Ra. Now notice the general style of the music. It's A LOT more closer (albeit still far) to Henry's usual stuff than He-Man. So maybe, just maybe, Henry IS the actual composer?

Food for yer thoughts (and yeah, I know it's a HUGE stretch).
    Last edited by Grimbot; October 2, 2013 at 10:13pm.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Widget
    speaking of 'borrowing' existing music for the MOTU/POP series, here's another example of Saban/Levy (or their musicians) taking existing music and using it in the He-Man/She-Ra soundtrack. This original tune is somewhere from the 1970s and is definitely the reference they used for the 'circus' theme in MOTU/POP.

Fast forward to 0:36 to hear it:

Quote Originally Posted by tpi View Post
    speaking of 'borrowing' existing music for the MOTU/POP series, here's another example of Saban/Levy (or their musicians) taking existing music and using it in the He-Man/She-Ra soundtrack. This original tune is somewhere from the 1970s and is definitely the reference they used for the 'circus' theme in MOTU/POP.

Fast forward to 0:36 to hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WZha_LHVS8
    Doesn't sound like MOTU circus theme at all. :\

For comparison sake:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...IjimQUoW4#t=79

Widget
    you're right, it's not quite as close as I had thought, but there's still a good resemblance between the two... who knows if they used it as reference or not but they're close enough to say 'it's very possible'

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Anybody have SeltenSelten33's email address? I wanted to ask him a question. If so, please just drop me a PM. Thanks!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I got a full soundtract in the grayskull dvd collection

Quote Originally Posted by ravencrow View Post
    As did I. Complete as I need.
    UP TO DATE WANT LIST FOR COMICS (REG. SIZE NOT MINI FIGURE COMICS): http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=186577

Quote Originally Posted by ravencrow View Post
    The MilCreek release? That's far from full.

I'm not sure how many of you have seen this, but over on the OFFICIAL He-Man YouTube channel we will now be featuring an instrumental track from the series every Sunday! However, these instrumentals from the show have never truly been heard in their entirety!

Head on over to the channel and listen to "Skeletor's Theme"!

music_01.jpg

And if you have yet to do so, please subscribe to the channel to show your support!

Court Magician
    Thanks for the music. Really love it, but can you normalise it as the volume is very low.

Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    The MilCreek release? That's far from full.
    In the words of Adenoid Hynkel, "Far from perfect!".

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    And if you have yet to do so, please subscribe to the channel to show your support!
    Not only have I subscribed. I have changed my browsers YouTube bookmark to instantly take me to this channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolver Bobcat View Post
    Not only have I subscribed. I have changed my browsers YouTube bookmark to instantly take me to this channel.
    That may be the nicest compliment I've received with regards to the channel - Thank you!

That may be the nicest compliment I've received with regards to the channel - Thank you!
    I'm gonna come with a pessimistic comment ;o)...

Had all of the main shows music been released on CD before? I'd be more impressed if you put out tracks that haven't been put out already ;o)....
    But I DO appreciate the high quality stuff!

Now, if only we can get someone to do the same for inspector gadget
    Geek Media -

Had all of the main shows music been released on CD before? I'd be more impressed if you put out tracks that haven't been put out already ;o)....
    But I DO appreciate the high quality stuff!
    The tracks, thus far released on the channel, have NEVER been heard in their entirety...especially clean (without the dialogue and sound effects)!

Now, if only we can get someone to do the same for inspector gadget
    I have ALL the tracks that were released on the Inspector Gadget soundtrack in the eighties...

The tracks, thus far released on the channel, have NEVER been heard in their entirety...especially clean (without the dialogue and sound effects)!

I have ALL the tracks that were released on the Inspector Gadget soundtrack in the eighties...
    thank to youtube, I have it too ;o).....Maybe you can get shuki levy to release those too you ;o)
    Geek Media -

Widget
    Great job creating clean versions of the music!
    On average, how much time take to isolate it from the sound effects?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Guy View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1349152305
    Allright He-Fans & She-Ravers, here is the audio 30 years in the making. https://dl.dropbox.com/s/0cb6njdf0qrp6ve/MOTU%2030.zip?dl=1 Credits go out to SeltenSelten33 for uploading some new tracks, Shuki Levy & Haim Saban for Filmation scoring, and anyone associated with the MOTU franchise over the past 30 years. I have cleaned up of these tracks, and adjusted volume levels in others. Enjoy & good journey!
    Thank you so much for this!!! Such a great selection!!!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan