Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 303

Thread: Filmation Soundtrack CD - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!

  1. #101
    Heroic Warrior Adam_Portugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    679
    well, I came to this thread 2 years ago, and I can steel see people do want this soundtrack, as I do!

    We should ask mattel to get this cd or digital release into Mattycollector.com!

    Also, come to this group on facebook, if you want to support this cause

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24186479542
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; December 23, 2010 at 12:22am.

  2. #102
    Court Magician BlueSmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In the Nothing
    Posts
    36
    *** Please follow the forum rules about YouTube links. Thanks! ***

  3. #103
    Heroic Warrior Ciclone Luso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    79
    Great Idea!
    I've always wanted this soundtrack!
    And I just don't understand why La-La-Land doesn't release it...
    Nowaday fan demand is everything, and this item defenitly has it!

    They have said that they were interested in release it (in Aug 2008 he-man.org news)
    http://he-man.org/news_article.php?id=371

    "La-La Land has expressed interest in doing a CD release of the classic score from the Filmation MOTU cartoon.
    The only thing is they aren't sure there is enough interest to justify the pursuit."


    BUT now, with the huge sucess of MOTUC we know for sure that there is enough interest! MOTUC is the proof!!!
    So we should do something... here is their new site: http://www.lalalandrecords.com/

    They have made limited editions of some cartoon series already (1500 units) and MOTU 1987 movie too (3000 units).. check it out:

    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/GreenLantern.html
    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/WonderWoman.html
    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/MOTU.html
    Last edited by Ciclone Luso; December 28, 2010 at 11:09am.

  4. #104
    Heroic Warrior Adam_Portugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclone Luso View Post
    Great Idea!
    I've always wanted this soundtrack!
    And I just don't understand why La-La-Land doesn't release it...
    Nowaday fan demand is everything, and this item defenitly has it!

    They have said that they were interested in release it (in Aug 2008 he-man.org news)
    http://he-man.org/news_article.php?id=371

    "La-La Land has expressed interest in doing a CD release of the classic score from the Filmation MOTU cartoon.
    The only thing is they aren't sure there is enough interest to justify the pursuit."


    BUT now, with the huge sucess of MOTUC we know for sure that there is enough interest! MOTUC is the proof!!!
    So we should do something... here is their new site: http://www.lalalandrecords.com/

    They have made limited editions of some cartoon series already (1500 units) and MOTU 1987 movie too (3000 units).. check it out:

    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/GreenLantern.html
    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/WonderWoman.html
    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/MOTU.html
    This is great information!
    We should ask them to release it now! Because in 2008 they had doubts about fan demand but now, in the end of 2010 and with the huge sucess of the new mattel line, we know that a limited edition of that OST CD would sell in an heart beat!

    Come on guys and girls, join this group and spread the word through all your friends on facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24186479542

    THE GROUP JUST REACHED 400 MEMBERS!
    From 100 to 400 in 5 days of me spreading the word, if a lot of us do the same it will grow much faster!
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; December 29, 2010 at 03:07pm.

  5. #105
    Widget electronicstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    10
    I'm so glad this thread is back up to the top! I dream about owning the soundtrack, it would be the ultimate to my He-Man collection. I have sent emails to La La Land Records in the past but haven't in a while, this was a good reminder to send another one again! Let's keep hounding 'em!
    "Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep."

    http://www.myspace.com/electronicstorm

  6. #106
    Widget
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas....feels literally like Smallville sometimes.
    Posts
    12
    I'll shoot them an email myself. The music in this series was very distinctive. Definitely would elicit some quality nostalgia.

  7. #107
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,059
    E-mail them the link to Facebook group as well, so that they would see that it's not just couple of people sending them e-mails.

  8. #108
    Heroic Warrior Adam_Portugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    679
    At the present day, the facebook group as more than 630 members and keeps on growing...
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24186479542

    Once Mattel rejects all the filmation stuff with all their strength, we must turn to LaLa Land Records and keep asking then to buy the rights to Classic Media and the original crystal crear tracks from Shuki Levy...

    Let's get more people to the facebook group!

  9. #109
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    3,248
    I just sent La-La Land another email. I would be SO excited if they finally released all the music from both series. A full soundtrack is something I have always wanted.

  10. #110
    Heroic Warrior Adam_Portugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I just sent La-La Land another email. I would be SO excited if they finally released all the music from both series. A full soundtrack is something I have always wanted.
    info@lalaland-ent.com is the e-mail!

    They could make a Double CD case CD1 MOTU and CD2 POP (Secret Of The Sword and Christmas Spetial Included)

  11. #111
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Portugal View Post
    info@lalaland-ent.com is the e-mail!
    Errmm... she knows.

  12. #112
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    3,248
    I just got a reply from La-La Land. Unfortunately, this is what they said:

    "Would love to release it, but its not in the cards

    MV"




    Don't give up hope though. Hopefully someone will realize this music needs to be released, if only so I can listen to it in my car and pretend I'm driving around on Eternia and Etheria!

  13. #113
    Widget electronicstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I just got a reply from La-La Land. Unfortunately, this is what they said:

    "Would love to release it, but its not in the cards

    MV"




    Don't give up hope though. Hopefully someone will realize this music needs to be released, if only so I can listen to it in my car and pretend I'm driving around on Eternia and Etheria!
    I just got the same message back too! It's kinda cryptic though, what does it mean? Does it mean Filmation won't release the music or whichever entertainment company owns it now, I wonder who we REALLY need to bug!
    "Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep."

    http://www.myspace.com/electronicstorm

  14. #114
    Heroic Warrior demiscy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nicosia, Cyprus (EU)
    Posts
    1,244
    Has anyone "asked" this in the "ASK MATTY" Q-A threads?

  15. #115
    Heroic Warrior Adam_Portugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    679
    From what I remember Mattel never said yes or no.
    It's like if Mattel had made a pact of silence about it..

    We love this music so much... facebook support group is showing up how many we are. I'm sure what much more people will join us.

    I still think the most interested company on this release would be mattel..

    I won't stop ask scott about it...
    For Mattel to Ignore Fimation is to ignore our true love for MOTU & POP
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; January 14, 2011 at 01:24pm.

  16. #116
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I just got a reply from La-La Land. Unfortunately, this is what they said:

    "Would love to release it, but its not in the cards

    MV"




    Don't give up hope though. Hopefully someone will realize this music needs to be released, if only so I can listen to it in my car and pretend I'm driving around on Eternia and Etheria!
    I got told that there are no plans to release it (at this time).

    Quote Originally Posted by electronicstorm View Post
    I just got the same message back too! It's kinda cryptic though, what does it mean? Does it mean Filmation won't release the music or whichever entertainment company owns it now, I wonder who we REALLY need to bug!
    Can't be Filmation as they ran out of business yeeeaaaars ago.
    Anyone tried to contact Shuki Levy?
    Last edited by Grimbot; January 14, 2011 at 02:23pm.

  17. #117
    Widget
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas....feels literally like Smallville sometimes.
    Posts
    12
    Far from the response I had wanted, but better than nothing, I guess.

  18. #118
    Heroic Warrior Adam_Portugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    679
    Mattel needs to be interested on this item. Come On, they know that they can make more money if they get Filmation rights. All the filmation figures in a classic form, our beloved never released soundtrack and much, much more...

    They could explore and profit from filmation content at a very high level...

    But at the moment Mattel seems to be a little blind... lol
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; January 15, 2011 at 08:42am.

  19. #119
    Searchin' My Soul DisneyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,205
    "There are no plans at this time."

    That was their response to my inquiry as well.

  20. #120
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,059
    Hopefully that'll change.
    It's senseless to not release old cartoon soundtracks. Countless people grew up watching them and 99% loved the music. It's a cash cow that just BEGS to be milked!
    It's utterly HORRIBLE to just let the tape rot in some warehouse.

  21. #121
    Heroic Hero Grayskull's Heir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,632
    The whole situation regarding everything Filmation is kinda sad and makes me feel hopeless. No Shadow Weaver, no cartoon soundtrack, no nothing
    Awesome sticker included!

  22. #122
    Heroic Warrior Adam_Portugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    The whole situation regarding everything Filmation is kinda sad and makes me feel hopeless. No Shadow Weaver, no cartoon soundtrack, no nothing
    Yes, but MOTUC line in growing and growing and Mattel will have to extend it to filmation characters and content like this beautiful never released soundtrack..

    It is just too precious...

  23. #123
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Portugal View Post
    Yes, but MOTUC line in growing and growing and Mattel will have to extend it to filmation characters and content like this beautiful never released soundtrack..

    It is just too precious...
    I doubt they'd do anything about soundtrack. Look at Hasbro for example. Hasbro owns rights to all cartoons based on Transformers, and yet, the soundtrack of G1 Transformers and Beast Wars remain unreleased.

  24. #124
    Heroic Warrior Adam_Portugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    679
    So If Mattel wont do it we should maybe try to approach classic media and Shuki levy...

    Come on, How can this be SO impossible to release?

  25. #125
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Genova
    Posts
    656
    I repeat for a long time: I want a CD with the MOTU's original soundtrack, will be released with the Songster's AF :P

    But however I would be very happy to buy a lot of CD with all the never published pieces of Shuki Levy, even also some of the opening that he realized (and he sang personally in Italian) for the Italian version of some cartoons
    Gesų č venuto per salvarci dal peccato, ma continuo a vedere peccatori.
    Thor ci protegge dai demoni e dai giganti di ghiaccio, ed in effetti non ne vedo in giro.
    --------------------
    Gesų č nato da una coppia di fatto, con la fecondazione assistita
    --------------------
    Luca Bizzarri: "Non posso pensare bipartisan, io penso per i fa**i miei"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •