Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Soundtrack CD - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!

sign me up !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I want ALL of the soundtracks, not just Filmation.

MOTU
    POP
    New Adventures
    MYP MOTU

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Yes, absolutely I will sign my name to this...I would love to have the soundtrack!!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

MOTU
    POP
    New Adventures
    MYP MOTU
    and the intro to the audio-tapes too
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I've wanted a complete OST for the Filmation He-Man for years and years. I really hope that they make this happen. Maybe in 2012 for the 30th anniversary!!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

MOTU
    POP
    New Adventures
    MYP MOTU
    I think that great sales of Filmation scores would most definitively open the door for NA and MYP scores.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

I wonder how hard it would be to find the original recordings. Shout/Hasbro couldn't even find the original song recordings for Jem.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I wonder how hard it would be to find the original recordings. Shout/Hasbro couldn't even find the original song recordings for Jem.
    I think Shuki Levy had it all digitalized. (you can hear on his website the never released She-Ra theme)

As for Jem thing, might have been simple lazyness. (Shout has claimed that they were unable to find good quality broadcast tapes for Transformers. Yet, one Spanish release used it. UK Maverick used it. French release used it. And Australian release used it. All in pretty great quality)

Plus, there might be sound effectsless and voiceless Jem tracks so songs could have been extracted from those and lyrics could had been added from voice tracks. (For Transformers, such tracks exist and have been digitalized by Rhino so perhaps the tracks for Jem were also preserved, seeing as both cartoons were made by the same companies)
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

I would absolutely buy a Filmation Soundtrack. In fact, I'd be all over a full 'Complete Masters' OST, featuring the music from all four shows.

I can tell you, I know more than 30 people just here in Greece who would buy it the first day it gets released.

I'm having high hopes on the 30th anniversary, maybe it could come as a bonus to MOTUC subscribers or as a separate commemorative release.

I find it pretty ridiculous of them not to release something they already have archived. Just like with the ThunderCats OST, even a limited run would give profit and sell out instantly.

I'm having a feeling that they underestimate the number of dedicated fans... on the other hand, in Japan they release BGMs for everything, even soundtracks of soap operas! I really wish MOTU and TC were popular over there...

Till then, enjoy some nice remakes I found on YouTube. Maybe someone should continue this until something gets released, that guy did a great job on these medleys.

I would definitely buy this if it were released!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Court Magician
    An iTunes / digital release would probably be more cost effective, but still worthwhile. Now if only all the people involved would agree to this.

Leonard

Yes, a digital release would only bring pure, solid profit. I really don't understand why they don't do anything about it... even Chris Crocker makes money on iTunes!

Neither does WB about ThunderCats' OST or Nickelodeon about classic TMNT's. Nothing's done even for G1 Transformers which is considered the most successful franchise of them all.
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Now that they have the Filmation rights, shouldn't it be easy to release this any time they want, or do their rights not extend to the Filmation series soundtrack(s)? This would be a good release by any standards, pure profit waiting!

A friend of mine gave me mp3s that he converted from his French tape.
    It has these tracks.

He-Man theme extended
    Teelas theme
    Orkos theme
    Sweet dreams
    In front of the castle
    Run orko
    The Royal Family
    Meditation
    Orkos time machine
    Magic planet
    Snake Mountain
    He-Man theme original

I would buy a cd in a heartbeat. Hopefully it will come next year.

I would LOVE to have a masters cd soundtrack to listen to.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Court Magician
    Putting disc 6 of each of the Season 1 Volume 1, Season 1 Volume 2, Season 2 Volume 1 and Season 2 Volume 2 BCI boxsets you go to the character profiles menu and Sweet Dreams plays right through, but there is a glitch at around 01:05. The extended instrumental of the opening credit music plays right through in the main menu from the same DVD's. Snake Mountain plays for almost 30 seconds when at the epsiode menu's on the DVD's with the episodes. The second part plays for 20 seconds when choosing the odd numbered episodes. Going to the episode menu lightning sounds are heard and the Snake Mountain music begins. It is on loop so the start does not play after the first time. Going back to the main menu the dramatic part of Snake Mountain plays for about 7 seconds with lightning sounds. The Castle is played in the main menu, but not the whole instrumental.

Leonard

Bit pointless, isn't it?

Evil Clone...in SPACE!! DarthFaker's Avatar

MOTU
    POP
    New Adventures
    MYP MOTU
    I'm totally in agreement MGM.

the company behind CAPTAIN POWER AND THE SOLDIERS OF THE FUTURE are releasing the complete DVD series + a limited edition soundtrack CD of the series.

I can't understand why we CAN'T have a CD soundtrack for our favourite series. Captain Power CAN'T have a larger fanbase than He-man?

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    the company behind CAPTAIN POWER AND THE SOLDIERS OF THE FUTURE are releasing the complete DVD series + a limited edition soundtrack CD of the series.

I can't understand why we CAN'T have a CD soundtrack for our favourite series. Captain Power CAN'T have a larger fanbase than He-man?
    Maybe they're planning that for the 30th anniversary set?

There's a lot of good cartoon soundtracks out there that haven't been released... HUGE market for them (who wouldn't want to own music from their favorite childhood cartoon?!)... it's absolutely idiotic to not release them.

Heroic Warrior
    They should also do a documentary on the music of He Man & She ra as that wasn't covered in the special features in any of the box sets. I always wonder how shuki & haim managed to compose such awesome music to these shows aswell as the 100's of other shows they were also doing at that time. Where would you find the time, the energy and the creativity needed to do all that?

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cat View Post
    They should also do a documentary on the music of He Man & She ra as that wasn't covered in the special features in any of the box sets. I always wonder how shuki & haim managed to compose such awesome music to these shows aswell as the 100's of other shows they were also doing at that time. Where would you find the time, the energy and the creativity needed to do all that?
    Here's a closest thing to that:

(NOTE for moderators: The uploader has disabled embeding)

Moderator note: Please do a search on YouTube for Shuki Levy to view the video. We do not allow direct linking to YouTube videos because of the unmoderated comments. Thanks!

It would be awesome to finally have it!

Heroic Warrior
    I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope this is part of the 2012 30th Anniversay stuff.....