Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Soundtrack CD - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!

I suspect idiots reporting tons of videos for no reason. I used to have a YouTube account with 20+ year old Greek advertisements. None would ever have a problem with showing them, they are almost public domain by law. However, my channel was reported twice... so I closed it just in case. I regret doing so...
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    So much for that then...

Though why anyone would threaten him over it is beyond me. It's not like it's going to ever be released...
    Where'd you get that information from?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Where'd you get that information from?
    From here:

**Youtube link removed. Translation from SeltenSelten33 as follows:**

Since I have been seriously threatened because of my work, I was unfortunately forced to remove all the MotU videos and stop the MotU-OST-album project. I have also removed all the other videos and I will close this channel in the near future.

From here:

**Youtube link removed. Translation from SeltenSelten33 as follows:**

Since I have been seriously threatened because of my work, I was unfortunately forced to remove all the MotU videos and stop the MotU-OST-album project. I have also removed all the other videos and I will close this channel in the near future.
    I had been wondering if this was the reason, I guess now we know. It is unfortunate. I was really looking forward to this music collection.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

So am I. It actually feels much worse than the possible cancellation of the new ThunderCats line and equally bad to the TC Classics potentially being dropped too.

It's like actually losing a precious item you found after more than two decades since first wishing about it.

I wonder if someone is brave/patient enough to continue SeltenSelten's work, at least for the remaining major tracks...

Wow... I have no words... I still can't believe it. What is the problem with the NOT RELEASED and NEVER TO BE RELEASED soundtrack???
    So much problem sharing something that will never be available?.... ok... very nice and good people behind those threats...

Anyway, I want to thank the guy who did those tracks, at least I could listen to it, but not saved the videos at time.

This really sucks. Why would anyone threaten him? He did a lot of work putting these together. he wasn't selling them and they were up for free. If anything, this helps MOTU and POP because so many people want this music and it's been lost for decades so he gave folks the next best thing.

So sad. I don't get this at all.

I managed to convert most of what he posted (before they were taken down) to mp3 files along with a couple others that I found that were worth saving. I could post zip files for them or put them in a public Dropbox folder to share. Let me know if that is permissible.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    This really sucks. Why would anyone threaten him? He did a lot of work putting these together. he wasn't selling them and they were up for free. If anything, this helps MOTU and POP because so many people want this music and it's been lost for decades so he gave folks the next best thing.
    As it turned out, automatic censor is what was removing the videos, no actual legal threats.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_SLUMP View Post
    So am I. It actually feels much worse than the possible cancellation of the new ThunderCats line and equally bad to the TC Classics potentially being dropped too.

It's like actually losing a precious item you found after more than two decades since first wishing about it.

I wonder if someone is brave/patient enough to continue SeltenSelten's work, at least for the remaining major tracks...

technically, it's not an overly-difficult task. It's just cutting and pasting, with some volume adjustments and noise filters to smooth out the combined music which was obtained from several different episodes each. Each completed song would originate from several different episodes where there was no talking or noise on top of the musical score in random sections. For example, many episodes started with just the music and no talking for a good 30 seconds or so. You would copy that section of music, then search for the proceeding/continuing section of music from another episode where there was no talking or noise for a few seconds. Then, using software, paste the sections together.

The problem is going through all 130 episodes and trying to piece together the sections. It's a monumental task in that regard. But it can be done for sure. I know how to do it but there's no way I could come up with the time or effort to achieve something like that- congratulations to Selten for actually accomplishing what he did.

Exactly, it's not difficult technically. It's just like you explained... but the patience and time it requires is far beyond most people's limits.

I wonder if SeltenSelten33 would be kind enough to give us text files with data he used so we can do it ourselves.

That's 100% legal as far as I know (just providing a list with time indications for whichever episode and track names).

Exactly, it's not difficult technically. It's just like you explained... but the patience and time it requires is far beyond most people's limits.

I wonder if SeltenSelten33 would be kind enough to give us text files with data he used so we can do it ourselves.

That's 100% legal as far as I know (just providing a list with time indications for whichever episode and track names).
    Best way to do it is going through all episodes, cutting all voiceless and sound effectsless bits and putting the pieces into separate tracks for each theme. Then after that's done, start combing the best pieces.

It all sounds easy, but it can be even nightmarishly hard (especially when you're missing just a tiny little clean bit).

If we could get access to voiceless tracks then it would be laughably EASY as the cartoon didn't have heavy use of background sound effects and had more talking than action than other cartoons.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    If anyone has mp3s of Cringer's theme and the instrumental She-Ra theme could you drop me a PM or an email? They were used on some of the BCI disc menu screens and I'd love to have those.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tpi View Post
    technically, it's not an overly-difficult task. It's just cutting and pasting, with some volume adjustments and noise filters to smooth out the combined music which was obtained from several different episodes each. Each completed song would originate from several different episodes where there was no talking or noise on top of the musical score in random sections. For example, many episodes started with just the music and no talking for a good 30 seconds or so. You would copy that section of music, then search for the proceeding/continuing section of music from another episode where there was no talking or noise for a few seconds. Then, using software, paste the sections together.

The problem is going through all 130 episodes and trying to piece together the sections. It's a monumental task in that regard. But it can be done for sure. I know how to do it but there's no way I could come up with the time or effort to achieve something like that- congratulations to Selten for actually accomplishing what he did.

Best way to do it is going through all episodes, cutting all voiceless and sound effectsless bits and putting the pieces into separate tracks for each theme. Then after that's done, start combing the best pieces.

It all sounds easy, but it can be even nightmarishly hard (especially when you're missing just a tiny little clean bit).

If we could get access to voiceless tracks then it would be laughably EASY as the cartoon didn't have heavy use of background sound effects and had more talking than action than other cartoons.
    I think we all agree it is a monumental task for one single person to accomplish. So, why not team up?

Say we get around a dozen people to review one episode a week. That would get us through all 130 episodes in about 3 months. Each episode reviewer would produce a text file detailing the timing of each theme that appears in the episode and the degree of "noiselessness" of each section. We would need some sort of standardized names for each theme, so that we could then aggregate the data from different episodes to obtain all the available sections for each theme. Then, people would take each theme and go through the listed available sections to locate the ones most suited to be combined together into a reconstruction.

All of this team work would be shared in text mode, so we wouldn't be violating any copyrights (since we would not be reproducing any part of the protected work's music score nor of the protected orchestral rendition, but just writing verbal commentaries akin to listing the names and lengths of tracks of a pop/rock album or verbally describing the compositional elements and colors of a picture).

Then, once the necessary data for some theme has been collected and combined into a "reconstructible" form, it would be up to each fan interested in that particular theme to individually collect-and-connect the pieces together at home for their own private use (which is the not-so-difficult technical part).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; April 11, 2012 at 08:55pm.

Not a bad idea at all. For the moment, I have Man-At-Arms laboratory tune stuck in my head (Selten didn't rip it).

C'mon...really?
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Here are links to zip files containing MOTU and She-Ra music. Enjoy!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26168619/MOTU.zip
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26168619/She-Ra.zip
    Last edited by Drakken; April 14, 2012 at 01:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    Could you upload it as a regular zip file? I can't download a zipx file on a mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    Could you upload it as a regular zip file? I can't download a zipx file on a mac.
    I just updated the links with regular zip files.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    I just updated the links with regular zip files.
    Awesome. Thanks a lot! It works now.

Yeah, I can't open a .zipx file on my mac either. Can anyone please take my hand, give me a lollipop and explain it to me before I start crying?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Yeah, I can't open a .zipx file on my mac either. Can anyone please take my hand, give me a lollipop and explain it to me before I start crying?
    I updated the links with regular ZIP files, no more ZIPX, so you should have no trouble downloading them now...on a Mac or any other computer.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Thanks for the files. They sound great!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    If anyone has mp3s of Cringer's theme and the instrumental She-Ra theme could you drop me a PM or an email? They were used on some of the BCI disc menu screens and I'd love to have those.
    I'd love to have Cringer's Theme too if anyone manages to get a hold of it. One of my favorite pieces of music from the series.
    Last edited by Captain Wow; April 18, 2012 at 12:45am.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Cringer's theme - It was just a small clip. :\
    She-Ra instrumental theme - It's up on Shuky Levi's website.