Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 131 Discussion

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 131 Discussion

Episode 131 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Nate Baertsch, Rob Base and Daniel Benedict are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they discuss
    1987 MOTUC mini-sub,
    everyone's 2015 highlight,
    everyone's 2015 least favorite,
    Classics 2.0 (Filmation),
    Collector's Choice,
    Power-Con and exclusives (at BBTS),
    Fall of Grayskull,
    Snake Mountain,
    Super 7 licensing: glasses, Chia, Kenner style figures, M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E and more,
    DC MOTU comic,
    movie and cartoon,
    Dark Horse MOTU books,
    Sideshow statues,
    and much more!

Intro/Outro info:
    none

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on January 5, 2016
    Runtime: 1 hour, 12 minutes, 32 seconds

Direct link for Episode 131

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Great podcast, I never usually get to listen to the podcast after we record it. But this was a lot of fun!
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Sweet! I'm very excited about the prospect of an 87 movie sub. There's a lot of potential there. Hopefully whatever it costs to secure the rights is countered by fan demand for a robust lineup. We need some Lubic in our lives!

p.s. Very glad to have Rob back, I always enjoy his offerings even if I don't always agree with them. Was thrilled to hear him give the Twiggets a shout out!
    Last edited by Swifty; January 9, 2016 at 04:42pm.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian & Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey & Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound Catra Grot Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Listening to this podcast reminded me just how amazing this years MOTUC offering is going to be including Snake Mountain, and the Power Con exclusives! (and hopefully Anti He-man too)

I feel the same way as several of the hosts in that the Classics 2.0 line really isn't for me. I have no need of straight up Filmation translations of existing characters, but bring on all the Filmation characters in classics style!!! I am particularly interested in Kitrinna and Blackbeard.

Also Karg is a must have figure. Comic version, movie version or otherwise, just get us a Karg.

If they did decide to do human characters from the movies (after getting the rights, of course), I would say that they should probably go the HMATMOTU route and do sculpts that are closer to the source material. Maybe have a super slim buck to make Earth characters from, but still do the Eternians using the MOTUC tooling.
    Last edited by SonOfHeMan; January 9, 2016 at 06:37pm.

I'm glad everyone likes the show, if they do make a slimmed down buck body for 87 characters that would be perfect.
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Great episode guys!!

Sign me up for a 1987 Movie Mini-sub:

Skeletor
    He-Man
    Evil-Lyn
    Shock Trooper
    Detective Lubic
    Karg

Sub Exclusive - God Skeletor
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Again, great work on the podcast, it's a treat to get to hear these again, and in such rapid procession! I like having rotating hosts too, always good to hear some more perspectives.

Heroic Warrior
    Love listening to these and I'm glad there will be a more consistent schedule for them! Definitely try to get Rob David on to talk the DC comic and everything else he's been involved on with MOTU. If you guys want to discuss the comic more, see if Jukka is up for coming on. I would also be interested in coming on as a guest to discuss the comic.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Very great to hear an up to date Gooble again!
    I can´t really pic a best of 2015 figure, but unfortunatelly we had 3-4 stinkers. Flying Fist He-Man & Terror Claws Skeli were so lame i didn´t buy them. P.D. Teela of course and Dragstor, despite his magnificent sculpt, is a let down in regards of his design execution and im sure it had nothing to do with a lack of talent, as Brandon proved he is the best Designer we could get for the line, in my opinion. It´s about tooling money invested in the wrong figure(Buzz Saw Hordak?) i think.

BUT, to give my criticism the positive turn, the line deserves, we got a butt load of one of the best figures!
    So my number one figures for 2015 are:
    The complete 200X line-up!!! Multi Bot - Squeeze - Blast Attack - Saurod - Mara - Huntara - Snake Armor He-Man and 200X Hiss.. uh ..Hssss. And Oo-Larrs heads!
    I guess that outweighs the aforementioned "stinkers" by far!

But i still personally feel the drift of my passion to other things( Mythic Legions, Star Wars, Thundercats) and that has got to do with the length of time i collect Classics and with the superbness of those other lines.
    I still want 87 movie classics figures and by the way , there are Lubic customs out there, that may prove how cool a MotUC Lubic could be
    and if we really will get a Kark, i hope the head will be as magnificent as zombiehammas aka. Mat O´Tooles one! That thing surely proves how cool a MotUC Kark might look!

On a final note, might it be possible you guys could talk also Thundercats in the future or would that be odd? A little bit? Maybe? A smidge?
    Last edited by JimPansen; January 10, 2016 at 08:05am.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    i hope the head will be as magnificent as zombiehammas aka. Mat O´Tooles one!
    Definitely! He does great work. As do you, sir.

On a final note, might it be possible you guys could talk also Thundercats in the future or would that be odd? A little bit? Maybe? A smidge?
    Probably not. Well... not at length anyway. It might get one of those tangent mentions that we do from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Probably not. Well... not at length anyway. It might get one of those tangent mentions that we do from time to time.
    I still say get some of the matty team on a RGD Podcast like you used to get scott. Get Brandon Spoinski on the podcast to discuss whats coming and maybe answer some questions about Snake Mountain & the new Serpentine King Hsss figure and when it will be available.
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Scott was a willing participant on the podcast, as have been the four horsemen and other guests. The current Matty team actually has to be willing and able to come on. So far they have not shown that much interest in interacting with fans. We don't even know who they are! Who knows if even Brandon is still on the team.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I still say get some of the matty team on a RGD Podcast like you used to get scott. Get Brandon Spoinski on the podcast to discuss whats coming and maybe answer some questions about Snake Mountain & the new Serpentine King Hsss figure and when it will be available.
    People from Mattel coming on a future episode? hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Who knows if even Brandon is still on the team.
    Yep, he's still there and working on MOTUC. I just talked to him a few days ago. He's a super mega busy guy these days.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    People from Mattel coming on a future episode? hmmmm....
    Good. I'd hate for the buck to have stopped with TG.

Yep, he's still there and working on MOTUC. I just talked to him a few days ago. He's a super mega busy guy these days.
    Ah. I wondered why don't we see videos of upcoming figures anymore or early packaged shots on Facebook.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

3 eps within a week. Colour me excited!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks fellas

Great Pod Cast, everyone! I'm so glad they're back, but I hope we'll hear from old gooble crew before too long as well!

I would love a movie sub, but it has to include a lot:
    • Skeletor
    • He-Man
    • Evil-Lyn
    • Shock Trooper and Warlord 2-pack
    • Karg
    • Beast Man
    • Teela
    • Sorceress
    • Man-At-Arms
    • Air Centurion with that sky sled thing
    • Skeletor's throne ship vehicle
    • Pig Boy (why not?)
    • Sub Exclusive - God Skeletor

Remember there were two types of troopers working for Skeletor, those black stormtroopers and then the ones who looked like the Death Star gunner with a red-lined cape!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

See this line up I'd buy!
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Great Pod Cast, everyone! I'm so glad they're back, but I hope we'll hear from old gooble crew before too long as well!

• Skeletor
    • He-Man
    • Evil-Lyn
    • Karg
    • Beast Man
    • Teela
    • Sorceress
    • Man-At-Arms
    • Pig Boy (why not?)

Remember there were two types of troopers working for Skeletor, those black stormtroopers and then the ones who looked like the Death Star gunner with a red-lined cape!
    What a rad line-up! I'd be SUPER excited over that!
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

It totally didn't occur to me that Night Stalker will have articulated legs for the very first time until it was pointed out in this episode! Thats going to be ace!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

• Skeletor
    • He-Man
    • Evil-Lyn
    • Karg
    • Beast Man
    • Teela
    • Sorceress
    • Man-At-Arms
    • Pig Boy (why not?)

I love your lineup. It displays there really is some depth for them to exploit, which might make attaining the rights worthwhile. You just need to add Lubic!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian & Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey & Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound Catra Grot Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

another great show!

im pleased to hear that rob base is going to become an RGD regular, that's awesome news - he's great to listen to, always full of enthusiasm and energy - and a few laughs!! ... i hope things turn round for you soon, man ...

i wish dan and danielle all the best on their breaks too
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    another great show!

im pleased to hear that rob base is going to become an RGD regular, that's awesome news - he's great to listen to, always full of enthusiasm and energy - and a few laughs!! ... i hope things turn round for you soon, man ...

i wish dan and danielle all the best on their breaks too
    Thank you, RGD is a great and fun podcast and we are glad that you all are enjoying!
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective