Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BORING as a character. COOL as a toy. What MOTUC figures you feel this way about ?

BORING as a character. COOL as a toy. What MOTUC figures you feel this way about ?

Are there any MOTUC figures you feel that were boring in media such as cartoons and comic books , but when you received the action figure of the character the toy is pretty cool compared to the character ?

I feel this way about a few MOTUC figures. Here goes .

( 1 ) Dekker - I thought he was a pretty boring character in the one episode he appeared in the MYP toon . He has no powers . "YAWN ". Plus he is a fisherman. "DOUBLE YAWN " . However he was a mentor to Man-at-Arms, which is not too boring. Although he does not look like the inventive type. He looks more like a warrior, a fighter, instead of a science guy . Even though I did not care much for Dekker as a character , his MOTUC toy is one of the coolest figures in my opinion . A brightly vivid colorful figure with two heads. His young head is just as cool as his current aging one .
    I think it's safe to say that Dekker is a boring character, but he is a super cool toy .

( 2 ) Mo-Larr - An Eternian dentist with no powers. YAWN . However I do think that the toy is cool .

( 3 ) Plundor - I find him boring in the Filmation episode he is in because he seems like a character that should have been made for 3 or 4 year olds. Even as a kid I felt like that Plundor was too kiddish of a character . However he is super cool as a MOTUC . The figure's fur is detailed unlike the cartoon version, plus he comes with one of Skeletor's coolest weapons, the axe with a crystal ball on top .

( 4 ) Loo-Kee - Same reasons as Plundor. Too kiddish of a character to enjoy as an adult, but his toy is pretty nice .

That's it for me for now. What MOTUC figures do you feel this way about ?

BORING as a character , but COOL as a toy !!!! Or VICE VERSA ? Are there any that you feel were fun as a character, but when the toy got made you was disappointed ?
    Last edited by christop; October 4, 2014 at 12:16am.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

I'd go with Karatti. In the NA cartoons he's pretty much a run-of-the-mill goon, but in action figure form I think he's turned out as one of the best in the line. The brighter green, purple, and orange really contrast great with all the dingy bronze. Plus he has one of the coolest guns in the line with the way it runs up his arm. It's really too bad he didn't seem to sell better.

Probably a tie between Dekker, the many He-Man/Skeletor variants and most of the New Adventures figures. Although I love Plundor.

Heroic Warrior
    Since I only own filmation characters, it has to be Tri-Klops for me. In the cartoons he came across as a bungling idiot, but the toy is so macho-cool

All NA characters.

1) Karatti - really great toy... Kinda blah as a character in the old cartoon

2) Loo-Kee - obviously I love POP, but Loo-Kee was never all that important to me... However, I REALLY like his MOTUC figure!!

3) Sir Laser-Lot - boring in that he hasn't really been developed as a character... But I really like the figure
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The Faceless One: I'm always at a loss for what to do with him, character wise. He...waits. A lot. And people steal things from him. His staff, the Ram Stone, his daughter, gods know what else. The toy, though? AWESOME DEMON SORCEROR! I love making this guy out to be a multi-tiered boss or something. He looks like he should be floating around firing bolts at you while you try to knock them back with your sword.

Chief Carnivus: He's a chief. Not much to him. I'm sure you could elaborate on him, and he's certainly an action-leader, so he doesn't just sit around and rule. I just...don't know how to work his character, I guess. GREAT toy, though! You can't help having him jump around and slash at stuff. He feels like a great part of a team of adventurers, or something. He doesn't have a lot getting in the way of his articulation, either, so he's SUPER dynamic and easy to pose!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    Cool thread, IMO's:

Cool character, Cool toy:
    Most of the line, but I think the ones that really shine are; Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Clamp Champ, Beast Man, Evil-Lyn, etc.

Cool character, Boring toy:
    Battleground Teela, Geldor, Strong-Or, The Faceless One, Hurricane Hordak.

Boring character, Cool toy:
    Count Marzo, Optikk, Vykron, Chief Carnivus, Strobo.

Boring character, Boring toy:
    Mighty Spector, Gwildor, Sir Laser-Lot, Plundor, Standor.

Strobo and tri-klops for sure. They pretty much made him a moron in the cartoons.
    Want to buy - Toys r Us MOTU figures, Goat Man.

Lord of the Reptilians tampico32's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodríguez View Post
    Cool thread, IMO's:

I agree and Photog Fearless, Hydron, Icarus, Icer, Strong Arm too
    Thank you so much to my partners of He-Man.org for helping me to get MOTUC figures:

My Sell/Buy/Trade Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Sir Laser Lot. Star Sisters. Hydron (am I alone in this? LOL)
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

There are no characters to me, it's all about the figures

Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    I'd go with Karatti. In the NA cartoons he's pretty much a run-of-the-mill goon, but in action figure form I think he's turned out as one of the best in the line. The brighter green, purple, and orange really contrast great with all the dingy bronze. Plus he has one of the coolest guns in the line with the way it runs up his arm. It's really too bad he didn't seem to sell better.
    I have to agree with Lentzquest. Karatti just comes alive in figure firm with his vibrant colors.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    For me character is informed by the toy, less so by media interpretation, so boring isn't in my vocabulary. They're all as super cool as I want them to be.

BORING as a character but cool figure - Modulok and Flutterina. Both never stood out to me from the cartoon(s) but ended up LOVING their figures!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I have a bunch of BORING figures, but COOL characters. But the other way?

Jitsu is mine.

He wasn't even on my radar until Classics (and 200X) and that really sick headsculpt! Straight out of a fighting game, like Tekken!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    honestly I like some figures for custom possibilities other then that they do nothing for me

As a kid saw Netossa in the store but i didn´t wanted her.

I have never been interested in her as a character but now i love her MOTUC figure she has one of the most beautiful faces.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    Since I only own filmation characters, it has to be Tri-Klops for me. In the cartoons he came across as a bungling idiot, but the toy is so macho-cool
    I agree in Filmation Tri-Klops does seems to be this way. But in the MYP toon he's a much better character than he is in Filmation, as he now has inventive skills to go along with being a great fighter .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodríguez View Post
    Cool thread, IMO's:

Cool character, Cool toy:
    Most of the line, but I think the ones that really shine are; Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Clamp Champ, Beast Man, Evil-Lyn, etc.

Cool character, Boring toy:
    Battleground Teela, Geldor, Strong-Or, The Faceless One, Hurricane Hordak.

Boring character, Cool toy:
    Count Marzo, Optikk, Vykron, Chief Carnivus, Strobo.

Thanks I hope everyone else enjoys this thread.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

My girlfriend said Mekanek as a boring character, but cool as a toy. I considered it for a minute, and I think I agree. She pointed out that he was hardly ever around, and even with a medium as action packed like the 200X series, it was pretty difficult for them to do anything awesome with Mekanek.

But as a toy the extending neck thing just seems to work.

Heroic Warrior
    10% of MOTU characters are actually interesting.

99% of MOTUC toys are awesome.

Heroic Warrior
    Lots of valid responses.

The NA characters 100%. The figures got me to watch the show. The old figures kept me from watching the show.

The movie figures: Blade and Gwildor blend perfectly into the line and maintain as detail-oriented as the movie. I never counted the movie characters until this line.

Fisto: he was a guy with a large fist. Now he has a ton of options and details.

Sy-Klone: the difference a flight stand makes!

Rio-Blast: that was a kitchen sink idea and cowboys never had a home in Masters for me. I love the new figure, even in spite of Design.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibentmyman-thing View Post
    For me character is informed by the toy, less so by media interpretation, so boring isn't in my vocabulary. They're all as super cool as I want them to be.
    Yep. Could not have said it better.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Definitely agree about Karatti. This character totally wasn't on my radar until he was revealed. He made no real impression in the cartoon, but his figure rocks.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

I'd say all the Space Mutants would fall into this category.

Quote Originally Posted by christop View Post
    I agree in Filmation Tri-Klops does seems to be this way. But in the MYP toon he's a much better character than he is in Filmation, as he now has inventive skills to go along with being a great fighter .
    Tri-Klops was IMO THE MOST improved character in MYP. They took a pretty boring character in Filmation yet great mini-comics character and made him the best and most important Evil Warrior in Skeletor's stable behind Evil-Lyn.