Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2014 UNOFFICIALLY revealed figures discussion *SPOILER ALERT

SDCC 2014 UNOFFICIALLY revealed figures discussion *SPOILER ALERT

Official Reveals discussion here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cussion-Thread

We can discuss unofficially revealed things here, still, for now.

Hi guys,

I just saw this on another website. is this true??

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=22977

NA She-ra
    Tung Lashor
    Sweetbee

Heroic Warrior
    A possible variant for NA She-Ra? Nice. I will assume Tung lashor is this year's Snake-Man until we get confirmation in a few hours.

We'll get official confirmation soon enough. They look good.

They can keep Sweetbee. Tung-Lashor looks pretty good though.
    My post count just got bigger.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    They can keep Sweetbee. Tung-Lashor looks pretty good though.
    Whats wrong with Sweetbee!?!? She looks pretty good to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    A possible variant for NA She-Ra? Nice. I will assume Tung lashor is this year's Snake-Man until we get confirmation in a few hours.
    Ooooh. I like the gold and the silver versions! It would be nice to see some variants like this in the line. Would be cool if they did an even 50% gold/50% silver or even a 60% gold/40% silver variant distribution when they ship her out. So we don't know which one we are going to get. As long as they don't make it like 10% gold and 90% silver making one variant super rare. I kinda miss the old days of chase paint variants on figures.

i'm not feeling sweetbee also. she has this weird 80's vibe on her hair/face. lol

I can't see it--Was the image pulled down?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Tung Lashor looks skinny, but I'm used to the 200X version. Love the thick tongue. He has two heads too!

Sweet Bee looks pretty nice. Love the Waspinator gun.

GUNSHOTS for NA! We got three this year and will have at least three next year.

GO SAGITAR!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 23, 2014 at 01:48pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Tung Lashor has a terrible head sculpt.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    They went full on Filmation with Sweet Bee; I actually think that was good, as she would look better with the reddish hair amongst the rebels, as opposed to another blond in addition to Adora and She-Ra. I wonder what the wings are like on both sides? I like She-Ra more with the visor, and am curious about the two versions (can't be randomly shipped, you get one or the other with the sub model). With slots so tight now, though, I really see this as extremely self indulgent on the part of TG and company; did we really need another UNO in place of a classic character? If she's outside the subs, I'd have no problem (like the traveling or peek-a-boo figure), but I'd lay a strong bet on her being in the POP sub, which I wouldn't be happy with. Tung looks really good, and, even though he's definitely toy based, I can see some Filmation in the face sculpt. And now we know, even if he isn't shown, Squeeeze is part of next year's sub, so that's a good lure.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The "gold" She-Ra seems to be a photoshopped image.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Nate should be VERY proud. He has contributed (at least?) 2 amazing character designs.

Happy to see the visor with NA she-Ra, much better. Not sure what to make of the variant.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Okay guys, it's time to PREDICT THE FLAWS!

Sweet Bee - Her wings will be made of abrittle material that shatters

Tung Lashor - His torso will be a thick rubber armor overlay that doesn't fit

NA She-Ra - Her helmet and breastplate will all fall off, revealing unsightly peg holes. Also, she will have purple skin and not come with anya ccessories. And her arms will be assembled backwards.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    Mmmmhhh, mixed feelings.

Sweet Bee; I expected a lot more from her, she's not bad, but she could have been a lot better, her face is o.k, but the tiara isn't that good, that things that look like horns are awful, she's simple, an essential character for POP that turned out to be very plain.

Tung Lashor; cool, the next Snake Man, but I find him very skinny, is that a new torso? It looks like new to me, or we just got used to bulky torsos.

NA She-Ra; mmmmhhh, boring, I hope she doesn't take the slot for any character in C. Etheria, helmet looks crooked and the eyes are ugly, I hope that's only the proto.

Now, waiting for the rest of the reveals.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    She-Ra = Yipes. The helmet was almost cool. The idea of neck armor with no shoulder armor and that flat cheap silver makes the execution fall short. The white and silver doesn't really work because the detailing is cheesy. That thing attacking her chest, the arm gauntlets (which also didn't work for the Attack Trac pilot because of paint apps), and the stuff on her skirt armor does not have an appealing design. I'd like the sword if it had a better looking jewl or no paint to represent one. The bird thing is okay. The blue isn't ~bad~ for a cape and pants, but the blue details on the silver... just furthers the cheapness of it all. A brown holster?

She-Ra is a yuk variant. That image in the comic was cool. The idea is cool. But this figure is not cool. It's just not.

Sweet Bee I just don't know anything about, but that figure doesn't match my idea of Classics at all. Maybe a Filmation based line. Sweet pass opportunity. (hopfully)

Tung Lashor is nice. Glad to see him before Sssqeeze. Wish they would've adjusted his hands a little more (to better fit some other accessories, like the Snake Men two pack stuff), but I'm sure I can get that nit-pick to work out. They tried a little. Maybe it's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by skully View Post
    i'm not feeling sweetbee also. she has this weird 80's vibe on her hair/face. lol
    She has a love-child-of-the-60s/70s vibe all over. Very confusing, but again, not knowledgable about PoP. Maybe her bee gun shoots lava lamp bullets and she works "groovy" into every pun?

--edit--

Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodríguez View Post
    ...or we just got used to bulky torsos.
    Nailed it.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; July 23, 2014 at 01:20pm.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Tung Lashor has a terrible head sculpt.
    I don't know if I'd go so far as to say terrible, but it definitively looks off to me.

Sweet Bee looks like she was an old Earth Worm Jim variant of Princess What's Her Name...

I'd hold the happiness until we get final confirmation on these.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I don't like Tung Lashor's body, it's too skinny!
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List: FILMATION MER-MAN, Vultak, Peekablue, Laser-Light Skeletor, Hunga.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodríguez View Post
    Tung Lashor; cool, the next Snake Man, but I find him very skinny, is that a new torso? It looks like new to me, or we just got used to bulky torsos.
    I think we've just gotten used to bulky torsos. It is a new upper torso piece, just like Kobra Kahn got. I wish we had more of this. He looks great to me. His Demo Man shins look a little long to me for some reason, but otherwise he looks great

He's really not skinny. He just looks like it in comparison to the fat figures we've gotten recently
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I think Filmation is the way to go for Princess of Power figures. The designs are simple and clean. At first glance, Sweet Bee looks a bit squat and chunky, but I think it was intentional to make her seem smaller. Mattel heard our appeals about Glimmer being the size of a Yeti and shortened the pelvis area!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    My pics are blocked or is that Toynewsi's crazy site when it comes to photo sharing? It's all over the net now...

Quote Originally Posted by Icer1 View Post
    I don't like Tung Lashor's body, it's too skinny!
    I get that too. Thanks to the Vintage porportions as well as the bulky 200X staction and MYP cartoon model, I find Tung Lashor skinny as well.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Glad to see the new head of design making figures slimmer, not glad he was late to save NA Skeletor

I'm surprised this hasn't been shut down yet. The thread that was going last night that had a plethora of members working together to share links through PMs was closed, deleted and wiped from existence.

I'm stoked that the reveals are coming in like this. It really brings the excitement to being a collector, the reveals being found and shared are like prizes--it's exciting. It gives an opportunity to really enjoy what we're finding. where as soon as mattypalooza is over there's a list of expectations and then we're ranking them and dissecting them (not that it isn't happening) but it's nice that we're not getting all the reveals at once and we are building anticipation for more reveals.

I think Mattel is okay with a few leaks actually. The big guns and info have to stay under wraps. And since we have a skinny lizard buck from Tung Lashor...we might be able to get Lizard Man (Filmation)!