Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC prototypes and test-shots! *Contains Spoilers* Updated with Eldor

Prototypes and Test Shots

I am very interested in collecting prototypes and test shots of the new line. There doesn't seem to be as many showing up as there are from other toy lines, like Transformers. I am trying to collect as much information on them as possible. I just won this on ebay. What does everyone think, real or fake? It was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. Any information on this figure or prototypes and test shot is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by zgraham View Post
    I am very interested in collecting prototypes and test shots of the new line. There doesn't seem to be as many showing up as there are from other toy lines, like Transformers. I am trying to collect as much information on them as possible. I just won this on ebay. What does everyone think, real or fake? It was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. Any information on this figure or prototypes and test shot is appreciated.
    Those grey spray painted figures are fairly common. Like everyone has argued before, its really up to you to decide whether they are real prototypes or not. They were circulating before those respective MOTUC figures were released and originate from Asia, so at least that is some compelling evidence to suggest they might be real.

I'm going to be so tempted to bid when/if a Teela test shot shows up early on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm going to be so tempted to bid when/if a Teela test shot shows up early on eBay.
    I'm waiting for Mer Man protos!!! I'm going to be aggressive if/when those appear on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    me too if the price is decent
    Coming Soon ..... Fuerza-T Masters & "The Great Divide" Story
    Passion Designs Inc

Add me-Facebook, Feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by rougewelder View Post
    What I want is the Dark Grey Skeletor and Complete Beastman and He-Man.
    Here is my Stratos Prototype:
    http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/o.../prototype.jpg
    you mean this one?

Has anyone seen the Hordak test shot up on ebay right now? A lil too pricey, but very nice.

Also I am selling an extra King Grayskull test shot. It's in the Classics market place if anyone is interested. The same as in the first post in this thread, that originally went for $355. I am selling way cheaper. Need the money to pay for the Stratos test shots I've been buying LOL.
    Last edited by xBBestx; May 8, 2009 at 01:19pm.

Heroic Warrior BrandnChicagoHorde's Avatar
    where do people get these from?
    The littlest member of the Chicago Horde with the Dirtiest Mouth!

Look at What I'm Selling! Please Feel Free to PM Offers:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181471

Trader Reviews:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=175510

From the factory in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    Has anyone seen the Hordak test shot up on ebay right now? A lil too pricey, but very nice.

Also I am selling an extra King Grayskull test shot. It's in the Classics market place if anyone is interested. The same as in the first post in this thread, that originally went for $355. I am selling way cheaper. Need the money to pay for the Stratos test shots I've been buying LOL.
    Yes, that is a lovely test shot. But at that price, it's too rich for my blood. I'm hoping the seller will change to an auction style listing.

I recently got a very nice beast man test shot (blue skin, completely different to his MOTUC colors) and a zodac test shot.

The blue and orange beast man? Is so very nice. I was tempted to get that one, but money is tight. The Hordak will definitely come down in price. If not an auction style listing, at least a lower BIN. For a while it wasn't hard for a seller to get near $300 on a colored test shot from this line though. Prices seem to be coming down a bit though.

You don't by chance need the KG cast in Gold with Black paint do you?

The blue and orange beast man? Is so very nice. I was tempted to get that one, but money is tight. The Hordak will definitely come down in price. If not an auction style listing, at least a lower BIN. For a while it wasn't hard for a seller to get near $300 on a colored test shot from this line though. Prices seem to be coming down a bit though.

You don't by chance need the KG cast in Gold with Black paint do you?
    Yep, that's the one. Blue and orange beast man. He's pretty cool.

It's nice to see the prices for MOTUC test shots not getting so crazy with bid wars anymore! Maybe another Hordak test shot will pop up on the 'Bay too.

I'm set on the KG, but thanks for offering.

Ya I would never pay that much off the bat without waiting to see if more pop up. You never know with modern test shots. There could be hundreds on ebay in a week haha.

Why is it that the prototype Hordak can have the right loin cloth on him, but the production model that we're actually getting has the long cloth on it? It seems like it ought to be the other way around.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

Quote Originally Posted by donsegar View Post
    Why is it that the prototype Hordak can have the right loin cloth on him, but the production model that we're actually getting has the long cloth on it? It seems like it ought to be the other way around.
    Since the cape will probably restrict his ability to sit down anyway, it's no big deal to me...

Quote Originally Posted by donsegar View Post
    Good eye, I didn't even notice that. Makes it even more desirable now. I really hope more turn up and cheaper, and from before they made the long loin cloth swap.

Just got this Beast Man today, I think it's the same one sircory-1 got from the same seller. It looks really cool with the Stratos I have.

----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

That beast man is rad. Wish I would have got one. I have the other two you have there though. Do you need the KG i'm selling LOL!?

Love that color-combination on Beast Man!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

That beast man is rad. Wish I would have got one. I have the other two you have there though. Do you need the KG i'm selling LOL!?
    Thanks, they are cool. I'm not looking for any more of the painted test shots, multi-colored molds only...if the price is right.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rougewelder View Post
    Thanks, they are cool. I'm not looking for any more of the painted test shots, multi-colored molds only...if the price is right.
    Word. The painted ones are a bit "meh" for me. But, the wacky color test plastic ones are super rad.

Nice, rougewelder! Looks like we got twins!

I agree that the multi colored ones are more visually stunning then the painted ones, but the I think the painted ones are also pretty cool. They display really well. Almost statue like. I was pretty stoked when I got this KG too because it is actually cast in Gold plastic, most people were saying it was just a painted over Bronze KG when they started surfacing. If I can't sell this extra one I might try to strip the paint and just have a Gold KG.

Does anyone have a colored test shot of Heman? I only ever saw the Gray painted one.

I agree that the multi colored ones are more visually stunning then the painted ones, but the I think the painted ones are also pretty cool. They display really well. Almost statue like. I was pretty stoked when I got this KG too because it is actually cast in Gold plastic, most people were saying it was just a painted over Bronze KG when they started surfacing. If I can't sell this extra one I might try to strip the paint and just have a Gold KG.

Does anyone have a colored test shot of Heman? I only ever saw the Gray painted one.
    I've been looking for a colored test shot of He-man for quite a while. Seems like I've seen most of the other colored MOTUC test shots, but not He-man.

I don't think a He-Man has been seen colored like mine, just painted over normal figures.
    If you ever remove the paint on the KG, post it, I bet it looks sweet in all gold.