Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1551

Thread: MOTUC prototypes and test-shots! *Contains Spoilers* Updated with Eldor

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Maybe TG and Co changed Strobos undies after all the 'Flys Eyes' jokes! hehe
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Ugh. The Flipshot shorts were waaay better for Strobo. I liked that Sy-Klone's crotch was his own... LOL. In all seriousness though, the ringed planet belt should be exclusive to Sy-Klone. On Strobo, it screams "cheap re-use!" and doesn't make a lick of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I like the look of the Flipshot shorts but if they don't cover his "strobos" I'll be fine with the Sy-clone shorts.
    I don't mind his "strobos" I actually like him better with Flipshots shorts.

I liked the look of the Flipshot shorts as well, but apparently Mattel didn't want to spend the money to make the crotch piece a matching color of plastic. Sorry kids, no "Magic Strobo" for you.

Also, is it just me, or does Snake Faces' armor look oversized? His coolness factor is going to go way down if I can only pose him with his arms sticking straight out.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I actually like the Sy-Klone shorts I think better on Strobo.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I liked the look of the Flipshot shorts as well, but apparently Mattel didn't want to spend the money to make the crotch piece a matching color of plastic. Sorry kids, no "Magic Strobo" for you.

Also, is it just me, or does Snake Faces' armor look oversized? His coolness factor is going to go way down if I can only pose him with his arms sticking straight out.
    I noticed that as well. The difference is very apparent. Same thing happened to Spikor, Mattel's design team clearly doesn't know how to handle tight-fitting armor.

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior

Snake Face's armor is ridiculous. Basically ruined the figure. If I didn't have a sub, I wouldn't be buying him. Looks like a kid wearing his dad's shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post

Snake Face's armor is ridiculous. Basically ruined the figure. If I didn't have a sub, I wouldn't be buying him. Looks like a kid wearing his dad's shirt.
    Um shouldn't you kind of wait till you really see what the figure looks like before you call it "ruined"

Sure this illegal figure looks off but that doesn't mean anything.
    the ignore list is my new best friend
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Um shouldn't you kind of wait till you really see what the figure looks like before you call it "ruined"

Sure this illegal figure looks off but that doesn't mean anything.
    This is not an "illegal" figure. It is the prototype upon which uses the exact mold of the actual figure. Only the colors are wrong.

I don't mean to be a matty apologist or a conspiracy theorist but, maybe, the armor is not fastened properly on the back giving it a more bulky look?

^ My thoughts as well, it doesn't look fastened.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

If you look at Snakefaces' bottoms you can see the crotch area was painted purple to match the trunks. . .This would be an easy fix for Strobos' strobos if they did the same with the Flipshot trunks.Seems like the fans are the best design team with this line..

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I liked using the Flipshot shorts for Strobo versus the Sy-Klone ones. I hope it's the Flipshot ones for the final piece, personally.
    I hope so too!!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Ugh. The Flipshot shorts were waaay better for Strobo. I liked that Sy-Klone's crotch was his own... LOL. In all seriousness though, the ringed planet belt should be exclusive to Sy-Klone. On Strobo, it screams "cheap re-use!" and doesn't make a lick of sense.
    I agree. The Sy-Klone shorts are a little too specific to him to be reused. It's not like the furry shorts or the He-Ro shorts that are a bit more generic. The Sy-Klone shorts have an icon on them that we associate with him.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...snakeface2.jpg

I seriously hope it's just not fastened.

But considering there have been a few figures recently, that have issues being able to stand with their arms neutrally at their sides, makes me nervous.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Yeah, I have a feeling the size of this armor is exactly what we're going to get on the final figure. With these test shots, it's not really like accessories or armor change shape or size between what pops up on ebay and what the finished version looks like. If Snake Face does indeed now have this uber-bulky armor, he's gone from a sleek-looking masterpiece in Four Horsemen prototype form to a clunky plastic action figure misfire on Mattel's part. Sorry, but that sort of enlarged armor (probably for the sake of switching out the chest snakes... sigh...) will knock him down more than a few notches for me.

I'm hoping it's also the angle/lighting of the pic of the prototype that's making it look a bit off. Snakeface was the figure I was looking forward to most from what has been sneaked so far, so I'm hoping that it will still end up right.

This is not an "illegal" figure. It is the prototype upon which uses the exact mold of the actual figure. Only the colors are wrong.
    yeah sorry man it is an illegal figure, it is a stolen sample sold on ebay. It is no way a final product.

The armors are always a little bigger then the 4HM's work, the more I look at it, the armor is not attached in the back and if it turns out to be just like spikor size, I will be fine, b/c spikor is an amazing figure (minus black plastic)
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    I don't mean to be a matty apologist or a conspiracy theorist but, maybe, the armor is not fastened properly on the back giving it a more bulky look?
    I certainly hope so!

Heroic Warrior
    Hey guys I think the test shot is fine, what I reckons happened is, if you look at the FHMs prototype you can see the belly ( I know the pic of the test shot is taken from a higher angle), but on the Test shot you can't , I think it's pop'd forward, so that if you looked from the side, it would stick out at the bottom and slant upwards,
    it just seems like to big of a difference to be real,
    When the moulds are made they are made from the 4HMs sculpture making sure its the same size,
    The only thing that could happen is shrinkage or worping,........
    .....that being said, Mattel's guys may have fooled with the thickness of it by reducing the core ( the part of the mould that represents the body/buck) altho I dout that, as it's most likely the same mould that's being used from the start,
    But who knows right ? I guess we'll have to wait and see

Anyone want to place bets that the parts on the front of the armor that snap in place will not fit properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Hey guys I think the test shot is fine, what I reckons happened is, if you look at the FHMs prototype you can see the belly ( I know the pic of the test shot is taken from a higher angle), but on the Test shot you can't , I think it's pop'd forward, so that if you looked from the side, it would stick out at the bottom and slant upwards,
    it just seems like to big of a difference to be real,
    When the moulds are made they are made from the 4HMs sculpture making sure its the same size,
    The only thing that could happen is shrinkage or worping,........
    .....that being said, Mattel's guys may have fooled with the thickness of it by reducing the core ( the part of the mould that represents the body/buck) altho I dout that, as it's most likely the same mould that's being used from the start,
    But who knows right ? I guess we'll have to wait and see
    It looks like in the case of Snake Face, they sculpted the armor either closer to the body, or they sculpted it in place of the body, open or not, the tester there looks much bulkier than the regular figure, it even covers the shoulders more, and unless they have a new way of fastening it, which is unlikely, then it is different, and bulkier. And as far as the buck, they have never made any piece smaller because of an armor, and they likely never will.

I see no room for a normal buck under the armor in the 4H prototype....it looks as if due to the snakes being able to attach, they opted to sculpt a new chest piece instead of a removable armor. But Mattel is going for the armor route, and that will make the armor bulkier and look more ridiculous.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 4, 2013 at 12:30pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I hope so too!!

I agree. The Sy-Klone shorts are a little too specific to him to be reused. It's not like the furry shorts or the He-Ro shorts that are a bit more generic. The Sy-Klone shorts have an icon on them that we associate with him.

I seriously hope it's just not fastened.

But considering there have been a few figures recently, that have issues being able to stand with their arms neutrally at their sides, makes me nervous.
    Hmmmm... I like the Flipshot shorts better too, but I have to disagree that a planet with a ring on the buckle is hardly a character specific thing.

My love for Strobo isn't such that I really care too much which one they go with.

And as for Snakeface's test shot armor? I'm guessing it's just not attached like others have pointed out.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Just ended on ebay:

235766.jpg

PHEW! ToyGuru confirmed that the Flipshot shorts are what we're getting on the final Strobo product... I feel like I won something... LOL
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I asked TG about Snake face on matty, he told me to refer to his recent video about the armour. I know it has been said he/matty need a better camera, but seriously if you want me to use the videos the have the focus the figures, ie close ups, and not Scott. I really would like him to watch it and see if he could tell.

J

According to the video, the armor is too bulky, it's not just the prototype or test shot.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Last edited by Tallstar; January 27, 2013 at 05:36am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."