Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Accept in Staction Form?

Who Would You Accept in Staction Form?

I was just thinking recently that characters like the Twiggets, or Gleep and U-R could come as more of a "staction" figure - lacking articulation (kind of like the Trobbits from the Blackstar line).

Honestly, if they were offered up like that I think I'd be fine with them.

Other Trollans? Maybe even Skytree's Treeprechaun!

Any other staction candidates? If you're really wanting any of these characters, would you buy them if this is how they were offered? I don't know about tooling costs, etc. but is this a viable way for Mattel to hedge their bets on demand (less price to produce?)
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    No thanks. Stactions were a nice last ditch effort to keep 200x afloat, but I don't want them back as an alternative.

Being a MOC collector I would be absolutely fine with this. But for those that debox I can absolutely see why this would not be in the cards.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    No stactions for me. Thank you.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I buy figures, not basically statues. None for me.
    Recent.... Spirit of Grayskull
    Coming....
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Jitsu, Perfuma, Masque, Crita & Vultak
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor & the new Filmation line.

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Not I says the majority of everyone..

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    No thanks. Stactions were a nice last ditch effort to keep 200x afloat, but I don't want them back as an alternative.
    Yep been there done that...

This is the only one that comes to mind... but who would actually want one?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/ioI8HPn.jpg
    This is the only one that comes to mind... but who would actually want one?
    Me, but I want it articulated

I'll take these lil buggers packed in with a Gleedal figure. Other than that, no stactions on anyone bigger in size.

Last edited by Count Judas; August 6, 2015 at 09:33am.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I think some of the small little critters like those in the picture above would be fine if they came as PVC pack-ins. But not the Trollans since we already have all those parts (except new heads). I guess anything that had a individual name or personality I'd want at least SOME articulation. I think Imp, Kowl and Lookee are about as basic as should be in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    I was just thinking recently that characters like the Twiggets, or Gleep and U-R could come as more of a "staction" figure - lacking articulation (kind of like the Trobbits from the Blackstar line).

Honestly, if they were offered up like that I think I'd be fine with them.

Other Trollans? Maybe even Skytree's Treeprechaun!

Any other staction candidates? If you're really wanting any of these characters, would you buy them if this is how they were offered? I don't know about tooling costs, etc. but is this a viable way for Mattel to hedge their bets on demand (less price to produce?)
    I expect some of these to still show up in classics, will at least the same articulation as figures like Loo-Kee and Orko.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

I agree with the last couple of posters- I would really prefer that no figures be 'stactions,' but would be cool with some characters, particularly smaller ones, having more limited articulation, i.e. just shoulders and neck. I feel like we're less likely to get them as pack-ins with full-sized figures, but 2 or 3-packs would be awesome.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Heroic Warrior
    do them like Loo kee and Kowl. Those are great!

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Staction is a dirty word around here.

If you want a comparison that people will get you have to say "MOTUC Imp" or "MOTUC Kowl" and then people will want it.

You could probably even say a "MOTUC Sidekicks pack", but don't say staction. They don't like that word.
    Bugul Noz: The Glorious Hunter Not that creativity is actually valued here.

Heroic Warrior
    I thought the stactions were the only good thing to come out of the 200X era, but I wouldn't want them as part of the Classics line.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

NO stations.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

No more stactions for me, please. I'm not into busts or statues, not even for MOTU. I got a few of the stactions when that's all we had, but I was never as happy with them as I was the toys. I'll pass, thanks.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I LOVED the stactions and would actually have been happy to have the full lineup like that. But I know I'm weird....

Well, I was never interested in the Stactions, but it sounds like you're just talking about small things that don't need much articulation anyway.

With that in mind: I'd like any sort of small being or beast to at LEAST have a ball jointed head and maybe some cut joints at the hips and shoulders, depending on the subject at hand. Some are so simplistic that they wouldn't need any articulation, but I feel like those are few and far between.

Anyway, I'd be up for a small beast pack of animals 'n such that require little to no articulation. Anything that you wouldn't see in real life - you know, the real Eternian monsters and other fauna. Or maybe a pack with one large articulated beast and a bunch of smaller ones (as accessories, sorta).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

None for me. Even tiny little Imp is mildly articulated, and that's how I'd like future littles. Stactions just wouldn't be Classics anymore. Cringer is probably the closest thing we have to something like that right now, and I'm not a huge fan of how he turned out, so that's a big ol' no from me..
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Sounds like what you really want are PVCs of small characters, which is what Loo-Kee and Kowl are. It could be cool if it was a multi-pack of more than two characters, and I'd really want at least 70's levels of 5 points of articulation.

The list of characters I wouldn't buy as a staction is much smaller than the list I would buy. The stactions are great!
    PCS Filmation Collection:

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    The list of characters I wouldn't buy as a staction is much smaller than the list I would buy. The stactions are great!
    I agree. I LOVED the Stactions!!!
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Staction Form In MOTUC ??????????

Its NOTHINGOR !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    GOD IS THERE !!!! Because He Has Given My Filmation Variants ANNNNNNNNNND MY Filmation Skeletor !!!