Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC prototypes and test-shots! *Contains Spoilers* Updated with Eldor

That's all well and good, but can he talk like Sean Connery? Just kidding. It really is very impressive. Me likey.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Those are so cool! I like the look of the wrong color plastic, idunno why, just something about them. I would love to have a test shot w/out the grey paint on it. Do you have any like that?

Thanks for the input you've been giving on those fatman, he really looks great!

I've got exactly the same proto, except the writing says "B6" instead of "B5" like yours

i think I will not buy faker. it is a nice action figure, but is a little out of my imaginarium...

Damn. I was bummed when I saw that in the completed listings and I missed it. Same with the yellow belt stratos. Nice buys.

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    Damn. I was bummed when I saw that in the completed listings and I missed it. Same with the yellow belt stratos. Nice buys.
    people now WANT yellow belt stratos?? lol
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I can't wait for photos of the upcoming figures...

I`d love to get my hands on at least 1 proto of each figure!! The Faker looks better in the proto armor than the actual armor released with the blackwash!!

Quote Originally Posted by fatman View Post
    It would be nice if other also could throw in some pictures of prototypes they have
    Here's a few of my MOTUC prototypes. The skeletor on the far right is the latest MOTUC release and obviously not a proto.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice prototypes guys
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    How are the joints in this proto figures?? Are they loose too???

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    How are the joints in this proto figures?? Are they loose too???
    No, the ones I have are fairly tight.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I don't understand why Mattel would even need to make a 'Prototype' of Faker. Aside from his coloring, he is simply just a He-Man figure with Skeletor's armor (and that armor fitting wouldn't even be soemthing they need to test ahead of time since He-Man and Skeletor use the same torso).

I would think by simply having prototypes of He-Man and Skeletor, they would have Faker covered.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    people now WANT yellow belt stratos?? lol
    Well I was never one of the people complaining about his belt color. It's rediculous to me that so many people complained that Mattel had to trash a bunch of figures just cause a bunch of fans complained about something as simple as the color of a belt.

And of course I would want one. It's basically one of the only legitimate variants now in MOTUC, and I have only seen two surface and fatman has one of them. To me that is pretty impressive. I like collections that contain rare items that not everyone has or can obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I don't understand why Mattel would even need to make a 'Prototype' of Faker. Aside from his coloring, he is simply just a He-Man figure with Skeletor's armor (and that armor fitting wouldn't even be soemthing they need to test ahead of time since He-Man and Skeletor use the same torso).

I would think by simply having prototypes of He-Man and Skeletor, they would have Faker covered.
    Yeah, I thought it strange there would be a Faker prototype too. I'm hoping we'll see some Merman protos emerge sometime soon. I'm waiting anxiously for this one in April.

I know there is a ton of prototypes out there, we should start a thread for all MOTUC prototypes before this "Faker" thread gets too long. I just got a complete colored and unpainted Stratos but it's not in hand.
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

Well I was never one of the people complaining about his belt color. It's rediculous to me that so many people complained that Mattel had to trash a bunch of figures just cause a bunch of fans complained about something as simple as the color of a belt.

And of course I would want one. It's basically one of the only legitimate variants now in MOTUC, and I have only seen two surface and fatman has one of them. To me that is pretty impressive. I like collections that contain rare items that not everyone has or can obtain.
    yup as far as i am concerned stratos with a yellow belt is the only MOC variant i would consider. however off the card i wouldnt buy one since it can be faked WAY too easy by using a beast man.

did mattel REALLY scrap alot of figs? i doubt it but who knows. i like the fact that if they DID then they did it because they listened to fans.

i just find it funny that AFTER they listened to fans people will WANT/NEED the yellow belt stratos haha.

if mattel scraped all those figs they should sell them on ebay for crazy prices haha they'd make their cost back just on these figures!!

Quote Originally Posted by rougewelder View Post
    I know there is a ton of prototypes out there, we should start a thread for all MOTUC prototypes before this "Faker" thread gets too long. I just got a complete colored and unpainted Stratos but it's not in hand.

Wow that didn't last long. Just saw it this morning. A little pricey IMO but congrats on the purchase. Wish I could get a colored one from this line, but people are just paying too much IMO. Did you get the skeletor too? I maybe would have paid $150 for him.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    yup as far as i am concerned stratos with a yellow belt is the only MOC variant i would consider. however off the card i wouldnt buy one since it can be faked WAY too easy by using a beast man.

did mattel REALLY scrap alot of figs? i doubt it but who knows. i like the fact that if they DID then they did it because they listened to fans.

i just find it funny that AFTER they listened to fans people will WANT/NEED the yellow belt stratos haha.

if mattel scraped all those figs they should sell them on ebay for crazy prices haha they'd make their cost back just on these figures!!
    It could possibly be faked, but just like a fake wonderbread heman, you can tell if it just another figure thats been painted over. The things with collecting prototypes, is you have to know your source when buying them. These guys obviously know they're yellow belt stratos figures are real because the production one isn't even out yet, and because of where they are coming from. If after stratos is released I see some one in alabama selling a yellow belted one I would obviously be more hesitant and question the seller more.

Who really knows how many Mattel Scrapped, but if they made almost the full amount of Stratos figures with yellow belts, and had to scrap them all due to complaints I would be pretty disturbed. The amount of pollution plastics causes is devastating and to create more of it because fan boys are unhappy with a belt color is pretty disappointing.
    Last edited by xBBestx; February 2, 2009 at 12:55pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow that didn't last long. Just saw it this morning. A little pricey IMO but congrats on the purchase. Wish I could get a colored one from this line, but people are just paying too much IMO.
    I know it was a little pricey, but I just sold a few things on EBay and made more than I expected so I splurged. Someone else today got an incomplete colored Skeletor for the same price ($145) so I don't feel so bad.

Ya its not bad when you have just sold something to cover it. I just sold some of the gray painted test shots to cover some 200x test shots. I might have paid $150 for that skeletor though. I like the colors way more then the stratos. The stratos is also quite nice though.

What I want is the Dark Grey Skeletor and Complete Beastman and He-Man.
    Here is my Stratos Prototype:

That's cooler than the final product I'm still thinking Stratos & Zodac looks plaine..
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Who really knows how many Mattel Scrapped, but if they made almost the full amount of Stratos figures with yellow belts, and had to scrap them all due to complaints I would be pretty disturbed. The amount of pollution plastics causes is devastating and to create more of it because fan boys are unhappy with a belt color is pretty disappointing.
    did anyone from mattel SAY they were already produce and had scrapped a bunch of them? i never heard any comment made saying anything like that.

All Mattel said about it was that fans wanted a red belt so they changed the belt from yellow to red.

There are a handful of the yellow ones floating around, so clearly it was made and thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by fatman View Post
    Insane high price!
    Maybe a little, but I wanted it. I saw a few Stratos protos that were grey with unpainted wings but when I saw one all unpainted I had to have it.