Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1542

Thread: MOTUC prototypes and test-shots! *Contains Spoilers* Updated with Eldor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...snakeface2.jpg

Snake Face's armor is ridiculous. Basically ruined the figure. If I didn't have a sub, I wouldn't be buying him. Looks like a kid wearing his dad's shirt.
    I wonder, if we'll see the shoulder & biceps on Two Bad's left side...

- - - Updated - - -

Nice testshots...I want Faker stuff in that magenta color...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

I love that facesculpt. Looks very much like the old king Beowulf. Too bad that the crown is still messed up, I thought TG said it was just broken off
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

looks like the crown was stuck in the mold or something. power sword looks bent to me.
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I thought TG said it was just broken off
    Yeah, that's what he said.

2. The Fallen: Is the missing ball from King He-Man's crown an intential design choice or a broken prototype?

It was broken on the prototype. The final fig will have balls on all the crown points!
    For some reason I seem to recall him originally saying it was intentional, though. Not sure if I imagined that / if folks were just speculating that it was.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Is it just me, or does this King He-Man look like he was run through a Play-Doh fun factory?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    For some reason I seem to recall him originally saying it was intentional, though. Not sure if I imagined that / if folks were just speculating that it was.
    Pretty sure it was just fan speculation (I was one who thought it could be intentional) and TG was the one to set us straight. I think King He-man looks awesome, and I can't wait for him.

LOVE Strobo's meteor holder thingy. The meteor in clear plastic looks really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Pretty sure it was just fan speculation (I was one who thought it could be intentional) and TG was the one to set us straight.
    I thought it was intentional as well. Iirc there was paint on the the "damaged" part of the crown making it look planned. Had it been broken one would've likely seen a paintless patch of resin. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Then again, I've had someone tell me that he personally heard from the 4H that the SDCC figure's crown was broken and the finished product would not look like a damaged crown.

The prototype's is slightly different than what was displayed at SDCC. If there is a missing adornment, the side it was on has been reversed. I'd have preferred a symmetrical crown, but I'm cool with King He-Man regardless of battle damaged crown or right and proper crown.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    The prototype's is slightly different than what was displayed at SDCC. If there is a missing adornment, the side it was on has been reversed. I'd have preferred a symmetrical crown, but I'm cool with King He-Man regardless of battle damaged crown or right and proper crown.
    You're right, the broken tip was on the other side.

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

I think the balls on the crown are just smaller on the test shot to make sure they donīt break on the finished figure.

What iīm worrying is how the crown is placed or molded on the test shots head. Itīs not sitting in middle, the cross is above the right eye and not centered on his forehead....?
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I'm calling Icer based on that translucent bicep.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Icer would be awesome, So would Batros.....I hope they find some way to get them out.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    You basically already told us we are getting him.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I think the balls on the crown are just smaller on the test shot to make sure they donīt break on the finished figure.

What iīm worrying is how the crown is placed or molded on the test shots head. Itīs not sitting in middle, the cross is above the right eye and not centered on his forehead....?
    Oh Nooo! Another figure you have to cross your fingers while unboxing I hate it, when its glued together shifted

I don't think the head and the crown are two separate pieces, though. Maybe the head got squeezed in the machine or something. I hope we see some packaged samples soon

Nice testshots again.
    I like the look of King He-Man and of his testshot as well.
    Thanks for sharing all the fotos!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Pretty sure it was just fan speculation (I was one who thought it could be intentional) and TG was the one to set us straight. I think King He-man looks awesome, and I can't wait for him.

LOVE Strobo's meteor holder thingy. The meteor in clear plastic looks really cool!
    no, he told us several times *on the .Org and ask matty* it was meant to look like that "Battle damage" he called it. THEN like magic *and fan gripping* it was just busted off.

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    no, he told us several times *on the .Org and ask matty* it was meant to look like that "Battle damage" he called it. THEN like magic *and fan gripping* it was just busted off.
    I dont remember him ever saying it was on purpose, he said the sword was battle damaged but confirmed the crown broke on the way to SDCC
    the ignore list is my new best friend

It definitely looks like this test shot has the broken crown. I really hope Mattel corrects this on the final product. I can see it now:

"Scott, why is King He-man's crown broken? You told us it was a mistake on the prototype and it would be fixed."

Scott - "This was a design choice by Ruben to make the figure 'POP'. Pretty cool huh?"
    Last edited by Zodach; February 7, 2013 at 02:37pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    It definitely looks like this test shot has the broken crown. I really hope Mattel corrects this on the final product. I can see it now:

"Scott, why is King He-man's crown broken? You told us it was a mistake on the prototype and it would be fixed."

Scott - "This was a design choice by Rueben to make the figure 'POP'. Pretty cool huh?"
    Exactly...

These two were sold on ebay 10 hours ago:

If I may, here are my thoughts on this whole thing...

Prototype - a figure sculpted by the Horsemen (or other sculptor) and hand painted and hand assembled. These are commonly broken by TG (Scott) at conventions during reveals
    Test Shot - a quick figure run testing the molds to ensure they work correctly. These figures are cast in colors not seen in the production run. Due to the start and stop of the process and how many figures can be made from each mold, there can be a bunch 50-100 of a Test Shot made.
    Unpainted sample - a run of the figures molds using the correct colors of the figure. Some of these are assembled prior to painting to ensure everything is still on the mark.
    Production sample - leftover figures from a run that never made it to the cardback. If 1000 figures are ordered by Mattel (Hasbro, etc) and the factory makes 1087 before the machines are shut down (to cover QA discards, etc). You can see some of these on ebay now (look for Fisto and Prince Adam with the TRU Skeletor sword). These are sometimes referred to as factory overruns.

These terms are based on knowledge I gained while working at the Fossil corporate headquarters (the watch company) and investigating G.I.JOE, Star Wars, and MOTUC figures sold from China/the Philippines etc. If I am wrong about any of this, please let me know.

Also, Please understand with the increased amount of collectors creating silicone molds of figure parts and casting their own figures, there is the possibility of "fake" products out there. But when you receive a figure of one of the types above (buying a cheap one first to check it out is recommended) you should be able to tell, based on comparison to the real production figure if it is fake or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polygonus View Post
    These two were sold on ebay 10 hours ago:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2iaetuh.jpg
    That Skeletor looks like an unpainted sample with Zodac's armor (and incorrect feet). Has anyone scratched off paint on Zodac's armor to see if it is gray underneath? I thought mine looked painted (it's at home right now and I'm at work). Let me know!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Darthdrew: Thanks for your Statement.
    Nothing really new for me, but interesting to read because you brought all the Facts together.
    So thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!

Here are the pictures of the Faceless One unpainted sample figure I received via ebay last week.

Auction URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Masters-of-t...vip=true&rt=nc

I took the pics in my car as soon as I opened the box. This figure could be a QA reject because there is a small tear on the 'skirt' (bareley seen in this pic just to the left of his opened hand). He has a black spray of paint on him. I assume this is done to easily designate the figure is to not go any further in the the production process. His boots are a different shade of purple from the production figure, however I think the production figure has painted boots anyway.

I am going to try and use a magic eraser to remove some of the black spray paint. If successful, I'll clean the whole figure.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    Here are the pictures of the Faceless One unpainted sample figure I received via ebay last week.

I am going to try and use a magic eraser to remove some of the black spray paint. If successful, I'll clean the whole figure.

I would not try to remove the black spray paint.
    I've seen testshot-figures, that someone tried to clean from the black color. They looked awful, because the black paint remained in every small detail. And in my opinion: the black spray shouldn't be removed. It's a figure that was sprayed during the developement of the final figure. It is part of the development procedure and a part of the history of this character. Why "destroy" its special look with trying to change its look?
    It's just my opinion, but These are the two reasons why I keep my figures the way they left the toy factory.

There seems to be a real slow down on the test shots of new figures. We haven't seen any for Karatti, the Fighting Foe Men, Octavia, Icer, Shokoti, Castaspella, New Adventures He-Man, Clamp Champ...all of which are package ready. I wonder if Mattel has been cracking down on the Chinese factories about reselling these?