Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC prototypes and test-shots! *Contains Spoilers* Updated with Eldor

Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    some pics of a hordak i picked up and his kronis
    at sallah's motuc blog http://mastersoftheuniverseclassics....est-shots.html

The Kronis is cool, but that Hordak is FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Can't believe more people don't care about Prince Adam probably coming out!

Though if the colors and use of those parts is any indication, I'd have to guess the only Prince Adams that were made were just the early prototypes. Probably like the one we would see at Toyfair in two weeks if that's the case.

I'm hoping
    SO AM I!!! And I've been pleasantly surprised at how many people around here DO seem to be excited about him being released, AND having him (at least the first one) be done as a He-Man re-deco, just like the original since that's what I'm hoping for as well!
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; January 29, 2010 at 05:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post

SO AM I!!! And I've been pleasantly surprised at how many people around here DO seem to be excited about him being released, AND having him (at least the first one) be done as a He-Man re-deco, just like the original since that's what I'm hoping for as well!
    Yeah I'm hoping for an eventual Adam announcement too. The
    Retro Adam has now moved up to my number one spot of must
    have motu figures.

Finally received my newest Test-Shots today, Scare Glow with a clear cape and an Un-Painted He-Ro. Just wanted to share.

----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

What is the point of making Wun-Dar's test shot? Apart from the armour there isn't 1 single new element in his body? They could simply put the armour on one of He-Man's figures to see how it looks.. This is dodgy if you ask me.. ;-P

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    What is the point of making Wun-Dar's test shot? Apart from the armour there isn't 1 single new element in his body? They could simply put the armour on one of He-Man's figures to see how it looks.. This is dodgy if you ask me.. ;-P
    they must always test the molds before mass production, just in case ...

that clear cape Scareglow is amazing. i've always thought that he would have looks so much better (i mean, EVEN better) with a more transparent cape, and this test shot proves it... much more ghost-like imo.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

The Scare Glow IS awesome, the experience getting him wasn't. It may have turned me off on Test-Shots and I'm thinking of selling them off.

Quote Originally Posted by rougewelder View Post
    The Scare Glow IS awesome, the experience getting him wasn't. It may have turned me off on Test-Shots and I'm thinking of selling them off.
    Care to explain? I'm pretty curious.

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    Care to explain? I'm pretty curious.
    The seller tried to rip me off. Said he shipped on Jan. 1 and didn't ship until the 22nd (after a paypal dispute). I bought like 6 figures from him and he tried to steal my money and asked me to buy more figures before these 2 arrived (wanted to get more money from me). Looks like lately on EBay he has had some trouble too, 4 negatives in the last month. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth concerning Test-Shots. Besides, I am doing some major upgrading on my vintage MOC's so I would be selling my Test-Shots for my own "Cash for Clunkers" program.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    if you decide to sell please lmk what your looking to get for what you got!

cash for clunkers, now that is hilarious!!!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I am getting out of the Test-shot business to concentrate on my Vintage collection. I will be posting them in the marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    that Hordak is FREAKING AWESOME!!!
    hordak has always been my favorite so i feel really lucky to have it, i love it. and i really like the short cloth, i wish the actual figure had it.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

I got some new test shots and want to share some pics with you.

some more pics

Last edited by ChevyV8; February 15, 2010 at 04:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My collection (with Classics Prototypes):
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=5767

Sorry for my english
    Please be kind with your comments

So I found a picture of what is claimed to be a test shot Battle Cat on a certain auction site. My question is, is it okay to post something like that here? I don't want to get in trouble with the site or the owner/seller.

Does anyone know the answer?
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

You can post the pic, not a link to the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    So I found a picture of what is claimed to be a test shot Battle Cat on a certain auction site. My question is, is it okay to post something like that here? I don't want to get in trouble with the site or the owner/seller.

Does anyone know the answer?
    The auction is public, so no problem on that here.
    If the seller doens't want his pics here, he can always contact us and get them removed.
    But you can't post the link to the actual auction her until it ends, or you need to post it in the marketplace section of the forum
    Thanks!

Cool thanks.

Here they are. Sorry I could never figure out how place the pictures in the text of a post to be easily viewed. If someone wants to repost them that way, go ahead.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    What is the point of even making a Wun-Dar test shot? There are no new parts at all involved in making that figure. It's just He-Man with Zodac's armor.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    What is the point of even making a Wun-Dar test shot? There are no new parts at all involved in making that figure. It's just He-Man with Zodac's armor.
    My guess would be to be an example figure of what's all included with the figure?
    (Although that's off a little because there's no loaf of bread or half sword.)

Or it's to make moolah off people that buy these thinking they're "prototypes".
    (I still laugh that "Prototypes" is in the title of this thread, there's not a single prototype in here... It's all test shots.)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    My guess would be to be an example figure of what's all included with the figure?
    (Although that's off a little because there's no loaf of bread or half sword.)

Or it's to make moolah off people that buy these thinking they're "prototypes".
    (I still laugh that "Prototypes" is in the title of this thread, there's not a single prototype in here... It's all test shots.)
    The test shots are used to test the molds. Since the molds hadn't been used since He-Man and Zodac were originally produced, they had to fire them up again and produce more test shots.

As for your second comment...

pro·to·type (prō'tə-tīp')
    n. 1.An original type, form, or instance serving as a basis or standard for later stages.

2.An original, full-scale, and usually working model of a new product or new version of an existing product.

3.An early, typical example.

4.Biology A form or species that serves as an original type or example.

Just because Test Shots are not the first stage does not mean they are not prototypes. Clay Sculpts, Wax Casts, Resin Hard Copies, and yes Test Shots, are all different stages of Prototypes. Or do you only believe the original clay sculpt is the prototype?

You always speak so matter of factly about prototypes. Are you a prototype collector?

Dude, we've had this argument already. Seems Cornboy set us both straight on page 8. Go read that again.

I believe the only MotUC prototypes are what the Four Horsemen produce themselves. Not clay, those would be the "sculpts". The "Prototypes" are made of resin and hand painted by the artists.

You just want to split hairs on what I choose to call a prototype. To me it seems redundant to call a first shot or a test shot a "type of a prototype".

Yes, I do think it's ridiculous to call a test shot a "prototype". Just my opinion. And yes, I do know a thing or two on how toys are made, maybe even more than the average monkey fanboy.

Do I collect "prototypes" or "test shots"? No. No desire to. Well, lemme take that back, I'd love to own some prototypes as I see them. But the ones I'd be after aren't for sale.

I have no desire to own the same figure I have cast in odd colors of plastic. But that's just me. No offense to those who do.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

You can claim I'm splitting hairs, but you are doing the exact same thing with me. I'm not looking for arguments. You have been going out of your way to type funny faces and laughter at the idea of people calling Test Shots Prototypes, when it's all really a matter of semantics.

Cornboy set neither of us straight IMO. By dictionary definition a Test Shot is still a prototype because it is a stage of production that comes before the final product.

As I have said many time I am not looking for an argument, but when you come in here and state over and over that a test shot is not a prototype with a emoticons it seems you are looking to get a rise, or acting as if you are all knowing in this area of the hobby.

As cornboy has stated in the preproduction collecting community Test Shots have always been referred to as prototypes. Us prototype collectors realize that Test Shots are not the intial prototype or the be all end all of Prototype collecting. I also have wax casts and hand painted resin hard copies in my Prototype collection along side my Test Shots.

Again I have to ask, are you a member of the pre production collecting community since you speak out so often on it?

I just told you I'm not, are you reading my posts? Or just looking at the emoticons?

I probably am splitting hairs too. But I've been clear this whole time that these are my views and that I'm not a part of your "club".
    Just stating my opinion on how I feel about calling Test Shots, Prototypes.

Give it one name already, and stick to it!

That's just my OPINION.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    Cool thanks.

Here they are. Sorry I could never figure out how place the pictures in the text of a post to be easily viewed. If someone wants to repost them that way, go ahead.

Here you go:

cool! battlecat in spiderman's suit!