Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1543

Thread: MOTUC prototypes and test-shots! *Contains Spoilers* Updated with Eldor

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Is that a human torso in the third picture??? Isn't this one suppose to have Rattlor's snake torso? I hope this isn't the final version. I'll be disappointing if they switched the torso for some reason.
    he has had that human torso from the beginning, its just been hard to see. If you look at pics of him you can see a belly button on all the pics of him at all the shows, Rattlor does not have a belly button
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    he has had that human torso from the beginning, its just been hard to see. If you look at pics of him you can see a belly button on all the pics of him at all the shows, Rattlor does not have a belly button
    That's too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    I was thinking the same thing on the Snake Man.

I just checked my SLL, and aside from trying to scrape some off it looks like blue plastic. It doesn't look anything like Spikor or Vykron.

I hope Dan starts checking for this in his reviews, he could even scrape the plastic as it a free figure and he has his own subs.

J
    Yeah, if you look close enough you can tell if it's painted or not, you can tell on Spikor easily that most of him is, the paint is thicker in places, and looks gloopy in others.

Best way to tell, is get a black light, that will tell you exactly which parts on a figure are painted, or even slightly different shades. I don't have one at the moment, but I did a while back
    and the results as interesting to see. Paint, even correctly color matched hard to spot by eye will glow a different shade than molded plastic.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

AAAAARGHHHH!!!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Do You Smell What The Black Plastic Is Cookin ???
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    On the images we've seen so far, to me it looks as if his forearms were cast in orange.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    even in black that things a dog!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Aww come on lol!! I still like him. I just hope the paint doesn't chip in the knees like on my Spikor.

EDIT: WAIT A SECOND...

NOTICE: his joint pieces are all in blue.. the color, sort of, of the main paint color...

Is that because of Spikor's paint problems?? If so, that means that these figures take a VERY short time to make and the whole "We need months and months to implement a change" like is not true...
    Last edited by bcrduke; September 17, 2012 at 01:55am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Aww come on lol!! I still like him. I just hope the paint doesn't chip in the knees like on my Spikor.

NOTICE: his joint pieces are all in blue.. the color, sort of, of the main paint color...

Is that because of Spikor's paint problems?? If so, that means that these figures take a VERY short time to make and the whole "We need months and months to implement a change" like is not true...

Shhhhh.... don't tell.

Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I would bet that it's not a change due to our complaints but I am glad to see it.

I think most people would be surprised to see how many times we've gotten painted parts in the past. I just took apart a He-Ro this weekend and learned his ankle pegs were cast in flesh tone and only the caps were painted gold to match his boots. However, the ankle caps don't see any wear from movement, and in that particular design, they aren't that visible to begin with.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Is that a human torso in the third picture??? Isn't this one suppose to have Rattlor's snake torso? I hope this isn't the final version. I'll be disappointing if they switched the torso for some reason.
    They can't use the Rattlor torso because it got the tail!
    However I think that the Clawful/Whiplash/Buzz Off is far better... I don't know what they don't used it!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Cy-Chop like the Snake Man before him, looks to be the final figure, just unpainted, so with those two, you can see their mentality under the paint, it's all black non color molded garbage.

The connectors (pins & shoulders) are molded in color even on Spikor, it's the actual limbs that need to be molded instead of painted, the knees are the worst because of the ratchet points, at least the shoulders and calves should be molded instead of painted, but realistically, none of it should be painted at all, except as before with a new piece.

But it looks as if there is no end to the ****** black plastic painted figures, even if they addressed it now, the rest of 2012 will likely be painted crap, and that is unacceptable.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    The connectors (pins & shoulders) are molded in color even on Spikor, it's the actual limbs that need to be molded instead of painted, the knees are the worst because of the ratchet points, at least the shoulders and calves should be molded instead of painted, but realistically, none of it should be painted at all, except as before with a new piece.

Oh duh. It was late lol. I was thinking that knee joint was separate lol. You'd think by now I'd not have made that error lol
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Oh duh. It was late lol. I was thinking that knee joint was separate lol. You'd think by now I'd not have made that error lol
    I figured maybe you of all people just looked at it wrong or something....Tired is a really good reason to overlook something....I have an almost 3 year old, I know a thing or two about tired.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Darn, more painted black plastic.

I must say, the black suits him rather well. For some reason it seems like it brings out the details of the sculpt more.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Not good
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Now you're just some Rattlor that I used to know.

I think he looks pretty cool just like that. LOL.

SO you tell us all about how expensive he is to deco... yet mold him in black plastic so that hard work on the expensive deco will chip away. Awesome. Listen, Scott can say whatever he wants but they've been using cheaper plastic for a while now. The legs on my Griffin are like rubber - they aren't like that on Battle Cat. Same mold, garbage plastic. Mattel could have had a line that rivaled Palisades Muppets for the care, quality and detail that went into every figure.. but then they got cheap, made stupid upper management calls and this is how the line will go out. Lower quality, chipping paint and mangled "design choices".

Has a Frosta test shot been sighted yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Darn, more painted black plastic.

I must say, the black suits him rather well. For some reason it seems like it brings out the details of the sculpt more.
    Say good bye to those details once it is covered in sloppy paint.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Say good bye to those details once it is covered in sloppy paint.
    That is until all the sloppy paint peels, chips and rubs off, then you will have what is shown in the picture....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    That is until all the sloppy paint peels, chips and rubs off, then you will have what is shown in the picture....
    Fantastic! That thing is pretty cool.