Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1551

Thread: MOTUC prototypes and test-shots! *Contains Spoilers* Updated with Eldor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    So much goodness coming our way - I agree, really pumped for Strobo and of course Snake Face looks amazing even in the wrong colours.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Ha! These always crack me up. What god awful colors. My favorites thermal underwear Mer-Man & Franken Berry Ram-Man. Snake Face looks bad ass.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Wow!
    So much new pictures since I visited this thread last time!
    Thanks for sharing!

Especially the Snake Face rocks!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Ha! These always crack me up. What god awful colors. My favorites thermal underwear Mer-Man & Franken Berry Ram-Man. Snake Face looks bad ass.
    Snake Face does look BA, and I'm glad to see Mer-Man is wearing the same brand of underwear that I wore as a kid. HAHA.

I just wanted to call attention that Ram mans torso is assembled backwards. I don't want this to end up a final QC defect on production figures.

Ram Man looks like a giant M.U.S.C.L.E. figure!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Anyone notice that Strobo has got some new shorts (possibly a brand new sculpt?), rather than the ones he had on the prototype?

VS

It looks like these ones were changed to effectively cover his "strobos" this time to keep him more family friendly!

(EDIT - They are re-used from Syklone)
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Anyone notice that Strobo has got some new shorts (possibly a brand new sculpt?), rather than the ones he had on the prototype?

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ss/strobo1.jpg

VS

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...tuc-strobo.jpg

It looks like these ones were changed to effectively cover his "strobos" this time to keep him more family friendly!

Gah! Things you can't unsee!!

Heroic Warrior
    I just wanted to call attention that Ram mans torso is assembled backwards. I don't want this to end up a final QC defect on production figures.
    Uh-oh... Please don't tell me that Ram-Man is coming misassembled !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by toxoviper00 View Post
    There was another proto before this one that was correctly assembled, I wouldn't worry.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ss/strobo1.jpg

VS

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...tuc-strobo.jpg

The original ones look like deformed Icarius briefs....and yes the ones now are from Sy-Klone.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    these are crap just thrown up on ebay, the main sites have already received their review samples of ramman and they were fine. we have seen other prototypes on the ebay and they were fine.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I liked using the Flipshot shorts for Strobo versus the Sy-Klone ones. I hope it's the Flipshot ones for the final piece, personally.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I liked using the Flipshot shorts for Strobo versus the Sy-Klone ones. I hope it's the Flipshot ones for the final piece, personally.
    Me too since the Flipshot shorts look closer to the original art. Even though these parts are all supposed to be interchangeable, I wonder if it is still cheaper for them to use parts from less figures. Maybe it was cheaper for them to use Sy-Klone's shorts rather than Flipshot's shorts since they were already using so many other Sy-Klone parts. If so, I'm upset they destroyed the aesthetics of yet another figure due to cutting corners.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

It certainly would be cheaper if Sy-Klone's shorts are in the same mold as his shins that they are using. Which completely makes sense and, judging by the color of plastic used to cast those pieces, looks like they are.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Nice catch!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    It certainly would be cheaper if Sy-Klone's shorts are in the same mold as his shins that they are using. Which completely makes sense and, judging by the color of plastic used to cast those pieces, looks like they are.
    I thought that too VB, but aren't the shorts piece made out of a different plastic then the shins? normally a good bit softer

cant use 2 different plastics at the same time in a mold, right?

Yes Ram-Man is coming completely wrong because some sketchy factory worker snuck him out to sell on eBay illegally and did not put him together right
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Due to the thickness of the shins, I don't think it matters. Most MOTUC shorts and limbs are made of PVC so they are the same material, just a different thickness. If the shorts were something way rubbery like kraton, then that would be an issue for the shins, but they have not used that material in anything MOTU thus far, unless I am mistaken.

Lately some forelimbs and shins have been softer in MOTUC figures, but that is probably to help compensate for more flexible shorts in the same mold.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Due to the thickness of the shins, I don't think it matters. Most MOTUC shorts and limbs are made of PVC so they are the same material, just a different thickness. If the shorts were something way rubbery like kraton, then that would be an issue for the shins, but they have not used that material in anything MOTU thus far, unless I am mistaken.

Lately some forelimbs and shins have been softer in MOTUC figures, but that is probably to help compensate for more flexible shorts in the same mold.
    ah good points.

well that being said, I dont hate the syklone shorts on him, but I liked the other ones better

To me the Flipshot shorts look weird due to the bare skin of his limbs. The part of the joint that is visible between the crotch and the leg is just plain creepy. I like the Sy-Klone shorts better if only for this reason.

I dont think so, this is probably what he looks like without his armor/clothing on On a side note--I see his buck being used on other figures like Extendar
    Last edited by He-Kal; January 3, 2013 at 04:36pm.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    these are crap just thrown up on ebay, the main sites have already received their review samples of ramman and they were fine. we have seen other prototypes on the ebay and they were fine.
    You are taking away his thunder...
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    There was another proto before this one that was correctly assembled, I wouldn't worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Thanks, I missed the reviews of the final production piece.
    Just wary of every release having a defect these days.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    To me the Flipshot shorts look weird due to the bare skin of his limbs. The part of the joint that is visible between the crotch and the leg is just plain creepy. I like the Sy-Klone shorts better if only for this reason.
    I agree on the change also because of the weird look with the Flipshot shorts.

I like the look of the Flipshot shorts but if they don't cover his "strobos" I'll be fine with the Sy-clone shorts.